Half the Playerbase is gone?

Not this bad tho. SL is in a bad place and Blizzard are refusing to do anything to fix it up. So sad.

2 Likes

We’re seeing a larger than normal loss of players because we had a larger than normal surge of returning players at the release of Shadowlands.

The expansion itself is fine. It’s not great–but neither were the last two.

Who the F is Bellular?

1 Like

Not suprised. In fact it suprises me that more dont quit. BFA and SL are just not very fun experiences outside of levelling imo.

2 Likes

Not being among the highest revenue generators doesn’t mean their measures of health are poor.

6 Likes

What? This expansion is garbage, and it was from the start.

9 Likes

if you think spending a measly $100 per month for a tokens for a +15 each week for a month = a whale… then you really don’t know what a whale is.

While I hate Bellular and takes a 2 minute topic and rants for 15 minutes for a video, he is probably right. I myself quit over a month ago and time is just running out at this point. I cant even get myself to log in. The longest I’ve been logged in was about an hour on sunday and that was it. I’m on Thrall which is quite a popular server and it feels empty. The last good expansion was Legion.

Once D4 hits, that will probably be my main game.

4 Likes

Please do not give Belular a view. He is insanely clickbaitey.

2 Likes

The expac isn’t bad. The systems are bad.

Why did I pay for a new expac that I can only get 1/4 of the story. That is if I only play one toon, else I need to level 3 more for the other covenants story, pets, mounts, items, achievements, etc.

Then putting powers, different strength mission table allies, etc.

It’s a huge mess that could have been beautiful.

4 Likes

So says the forums for the umpteenth time since 2004 . . .

The current dev team needs to learn you do not need to constantly “innovate”. They had a good formula before they did a 180 in Legion and started turning the game into something it’s not. Just go back to the mop style for basically everything. Game would be much better.

12 Likes

Yes, this has been brought up in guild chat the last couple of weeks. We too see less people playing.

1 Like

The pattern of surge and decline is normal, but in this case the surge and decline were both significantly greater. A game that can’t retain players for a few months past launch even when those players came in with high interest may not be dying, but it seems anything but fine.

2 Likes

They’re not now. They were going in. And then they don’t take into account what their additions do to the overall game.

For example: the rule against rogues has always been make it bleed or keep it dotted. That rule no longer works because of a specific conduit combined with a specific covenant ability that has now made a 15 year dynamic no longer exist.

Right now the systems are pretty much done. People have all of their soulbinds and such but what it’s layered on the game has changed fundamentals which no longer exist. That’s a problem.

1 Like

It doesn’t fit his narrative, therefore you must be a bLiZzArD eMpLoYeE

2 Likes

Meh, I did what I wanted to do with what is available. I’ll be back when they add more covenant story progression and open all the LFR wings for the next raid.

Until then, I got several games in my backlog to work on.

Who says it’s going to be 9 months? [Citation Needed]

How is the expac not bad, after you go on to list why it’s bad?

1 Like

I think its simple, after the epic fail that was BFA, they release Shadowlands, another epic fail, with severe class and covenant imbalances, gear drop scarcity of epic proportions, hosed tables, off the charts time gating and purposefully hose Legion Legacy content, take non communication to a new high and lie about everything. I have no problem believing half the player base that started this second xpac of fail in a row have left.

7 Likes