Half Elf Thread

Oh boy! Half elf and half orc!

7 Likes

I think they retconned her being Half Orc/Draenei in Retail, I can’t be entirely sure on that since I do know somewhere it says hes half human half orc rather than what she was originally and is suppose to be, which is Half orc/draenei. I could be wrong though and going senile.

But, I suppose that would be a fair balance to things in regards to Allied races, having Half Ogre races for the horde and half elves would be a nice thing to give Alliance… I also feel it’s a bit more realistic in the way of diversity in any sort of world, as I highly doubt - even if this was way back in technical historical periods - everyone was staying true to their races.

Edit : Replying in this post given blizzard rules and what not, but

Not going to lie, sir, you seem a bit heated over just a personal suggestion to something I’d like to actually see implemented into the game. Also, the purple elves was a compromise to high elves not hybrid races as I don’t even think many people even have much interest to such an idea. It was simply an interest I voiced and figured others may be interested as well.

They weren’t willing to give High elf models so they decided, rather than not give people anything at all - something they 100% could have done - they decided to give the thalassian model through Void elves. And, honestly I don’t mind the compromise as someone who does like High elves. But, I’m also someone who likes the void as a concept and things void elves are cool.

I also said it would’ve been something I’d like to see in the future, not any time soon as again, there are other Allied races that obviously take more priority to multiple people including myself. I also don’t see how the Alliance wouldn’t get half elves and what the basis of that argument is either, unless you’re just very upset over the fact that they decided not to give High elves. In that case, I’m sorry?

4 Likes

Oh no. Elf containment has been breached. This is why you don’t flag the megathread

1 Like

Er, I’m not a part of the Helf megathreads… Again this is my own separate interest.

Also, even if I was I feel like I’d be far more angry that I don’t have the purebred model rather than suggesting a hybrid model…

I also wasn’t aware that thread got flagged yet again! The only real megathread I keep up with is San’layn and Kelfin, and even then I don’t actually really keep up with those at all, but think those races are kind of neat also.

5 Likes

What bothers me about purple blood elves is that they come from the horde!

They are a group that has never liked the alliance and their lore is hideously badly made, but as it is for allaince we can pretend it’s like throwing something in a trash can!

If Blizzard can’t imagine half elves for the alliance instead of Silvermoon blood elves who turned the coat, it’s not in the future that they will strive for it!
Maybe on time!

1 Like

Did you not watch Lord of the Rings, the elf will live a long miserable life and the human will die all alone.

Didn’t they even say there was a low chance of conception.

Mm, that’s not necessarily true and can’t be assumed based off the entire race of Blood elves. There was a point in time when Lor’thremar had debated going back to the alliance, since the only real reason they sided with the horde was because at the time they needed help really bad and the horde offered it.

However, I believe a large part of the reason why they didn’t was due to the Divine bell? I can’t remember the exact reason why he changed his mind, but he changed his mind nonetheless. And, that same logic could be put into any elf that may have wanted to become a part of the alliance once more, but couldn’t due to how the blood elves were sided.

You also have to remember that Blood elves were indeed high elves at some point (perhaps not the generations in current wow at this point)…which do like the alliance :stuck_out_tongue:.

Again, High elf people wanted the Blood elf model… If they felt like the right compromise was to give them the Blood elf model - which they did - then I see no issue with that. I have no problem admitting the Void elves did feel rather shoe horned, but that still doesn’t take away that there can be logic behind it, and that it was still a compromise for the model.

Edit:

Mm, LotR and WoW are two separate things :slight_smile:. And, as for the conception thing, I can’t say for sure… The one thing I can say is that there are definitely numbers out there of Half elves, as stated in my original post :slight_smile:. Though, Hybrid races usually tend to live differently in regards to life span, given the hybridness of it all.

There’s also a chance that it could fill a more unusual niche; like, say “i’d like to be in a relationship but I dunno if I want to commit to several centuries’ worth”

As to the OP, while I hope we get more unusual races, I don’t really hate the idea as long as its not built off a belf rig.

1 Like

One of the reasons why we’ll never see half elves in the alliance is because there are so few high elves in allaince!
And according to Blizzard, much less than the purple blood elves crack squad!
And blood elves are slow. They are not like rabbits!
And they are certainly not interested in humans intent on increasing their numbers!

If there is little High elves, so they can be more than NPC, there can’t be half elves on the blue side of the fence!

On the red side of Azeroth?
Yes! Although I am surprised to see a troll / orc half elf!

Hmmm… I could see it.

sees none of the high elf people.

Wow they poofed

2 Likes

I just assume it’s like a handful of players and mostly Blizz employees remaining on these forums (which is why the GMs always send people here to complain).

The High Elf threads felt like streamer spam.

Well we had 0 known Void Elves and 0 known Nightborne and 0 known Tauren Paladins before they were playable x)

I like the idea of Half Elves, I’d love to see them as a new Alliance Allied Race.

The alliance has few high elves to promote any population growth of any kind related to elves of any kind!

There are more High Elves than Void Elves. And yet the latter are playable.

But if that still doesn’t convince you, you can simply have N’Zoth curse a big group of High Elves and Humans and turn them into Half Elves. I mean he did curse Azeroth’s seed races with the Curse of Flesh just for the lolz, he can do something similar again now that he’s unbound.

1 Like

Void elves are high elves, but please do not bring that here. Half elves are not playable and that is the topic and they are a viable AR.

Can we please stop with the High Elf phobia? I replied that precisely as an argument in favor of Half Elves.

Jesus.

1 Like

No more elves EVER.

Not High, not Half, there are TOO MANY.

Night Elf, Void Elf, Nightborne, Blood Elf. I count FOUR. That means:

• 3 more Gnome Race Variants.

• Two more Tauren Race Variants.

• Three more Undead Race Variants.

• Two more Human Race
    Variants (counting Human and Kul’tiran as two, unless you want to throw Worgen in as another “Human Variant”, in which case one more.)

• Two more Draenei.

etc., and so on…

BEFORE WE EVER GET ANOTHER ELF!

10 Likes

It’s not me that anyone needs to convince that there are more High Elves than your purple blood elves!

It’s blizzard that needs to be convinced of this!
they invent that there are few to be a usable people! So as a result, there are few to promote a number of individuals!
Be high elves or half elves!

Aren’t you expecting much from Blizzard?!
Wouldn’t you prefer a half orc / half blood elves race who decided to swear allegiance to allaince as a compromise?

Half-races sort of rub me the wrong way, personally. For instance, would it ever be possible for a half-elf culture to develop? Or would members of said culture require pureblood humans and pureblood elves to procreate in order to produce members? If half elves started breeding with other half elves, wouldn’t you eventually just get members that completely resemble elves or humans, erasing the very thing that makes “half-elves” distinct?

Also, there’s also the problem that there’s nothing in lore that specifies that half-elves look any different from typical high elves. Elf qualities seem to take precedence over human qualities.

2 Likes

Why does the half have to be human?

1 Like