Had a really ugly thought about Sylvanas's characterization now

yes, her story is about her emotions, making her become the person who she hates, welcome to 15 years ago

The Varimathras subplot is next to power sliding up to stabbing range in terms of ‘But why?’ Slyvanas moments.

I’d just sort of assumed she had something on him to assure his obedience. Maybe she knows his true name or found his internet search history - something.

But no it just turned out hiring a type of demon specifically known for treachery as vizier went even more exactly as you’d expect than exactly as you’d expect.

3 Likes

SHe literally planned on it lol, do you guys even pay attention to the story, she did the wrathgate, Varimathras was a fall guy did you not listen to what he said in legion

I pay attention to the story. But there’s not enough hours in the day to heed every hastily invented interview retcon.

Blizz is more interested in trying to recreate whatever moment from a show/movie/other game they like than they are in paying attention to their own lore.

11 Likes

Oh people just cherry pick what they want to see cause they dont want to loot their waifu when she becomes a raid boss

Where has this come from?

1 Like

there were always hints there was a latent sentience in the helm, beyond just what remained of ner’zhul. that goes all the way back to wotlk.

can’t remember where the references to that are, but i do remember it always being there. it just winding up to be the jailer is, obviously, new lore.

i do think it would be lame to have him in control though. influential, yes. in total control, no. that would suck.

1 Like