[H-RP] To Honor the Fallen: November 16th

Same with me, honestly. I can definitely make it on a Saturday! I’d love to attend this thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jan, I’m more than happy to work with you if the Vol’kar decide to be part of this. Never forget you guys were my first WrA home :smiley:

5 Likes

Will there be arcwine refreshments provided for free?

In all seriousness, sounds like an awesome event. I also really like the idea of it being an annual thing if it is a success.

3 Likes

I’d love to see this be a success, and something we can look forward to each year!

1 Like

Axiann, hit me up in game, so we can discuss ideas for this. I would be happy to lead a troll blessing of honor, or do whatever else you need to help facilitate this.

Also, it is on the guild calendar.

2 Likes

Will do, shortly!

1 Like

I was given a soft approval by my officers and co-GM ahead of our meeting. I’m going to place this event on my guild’s calendar and immediately look for helpers and think of ideas. I’ll be getting in touch with you both as soon as I am able to, Taz and Axiann.

3 Likes

Glory to Vol’jin o7

3 Likes

The absolutely ridiculous chain of events that followed my finding out that we’re going to help with this are just…mind-blowing. I somehow found cash on my floor. I fixed the glasses I stepped on last weekend within minutes so I could hop online. I am SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW.

Moving on from that, if there is anything I can do to help personally, please let me know. My multiple guild-banks of event supplies are at your complete disposal. Feasts, smoke flares, ever type of booze you can think of, tmog armor, idk man I just need to go look and see what I have that can help. xD

I did have one idea! With the Horde “coming back together” so to speak in this way of honoring our fallen, perhaps we could do some of the different racial tributes at some point in the event? I’d have to do some research, and would assume many other RPers would be better versed in the lore on this subject, but what I mean (for example) is pouring out a bottle of whiskey to honor a lost brother/sister-in-arms. That kind of thing, but traditional to each race. Maybe have a volunteer for each race to discuss (shortly) the tradition of their people and lead the group in performing it.

2 Likes

I can try to think of something troll-themed/shamanistic to add some tribal flavor to the tribute if need be too. This would be an awesome chance to show off differing “send offs” based on racial culture as well as class culture for the more mystically inclined classes.

2 Likes

I have an idea and given it’s far enough away to still adjust plans, wouldn’t it make some sense to have this send off in Outland Nagrand? It’s where his son, his wife, and his ancestors are buried. I feel like there is a decent chance he would be buried there too.

1 Like

There’s probably something I’m going to feel really dumb for missing here, but who are you talking about?

1 Like

I suspect he means Saurfang. Though is this event specifically for Saurfang or for all fallen Horde soldiers? I suspect that makes a big difference.

1 Like

AAAAH right. Sorry, tis late. This is for all the fallen soldiers.

1 Like

Saurfang. I feel like he’d be of the high honor of the event given everything. I think having it there could also include honor of all the fallen too though

1 Like

This might be just me, but as long as we’re brainstorming I feel like Nagrand is only relevant to the orcs. If this is about the entire Horde, we should have it in or near Orgrimmar. Especially since, with all that’s gone down, travelling to the middle of nowhere may not be easy or a priority for most players IC.

I’d actually suggest Razor Hill, given that it’s not an RP hub that’ll attract trolling, it’s spacious, and it’s been the headquarters of two Horde-redeeming rebellions now.

2 Likes

That’s fair. That was a side concern I had tbh. I do like the Razor Hill idea too.

I think many Horde heroes would be touched on; not just Saurfang for this event. I think a mixture of a traditional memorial & “forgotten soldier” vigil would be great. I don’t think WoW really touches on what happens to the many soldiers/adventurers that are captured, disappear, or are never found after a certain event.

Without rambling too long, a central or neutral focus area would be good, one that isn’t too biased towards any race, a land that would have relevance to the original races of the Horde. (When I say original, I mean BC races; belves included. Many Horde purists will disagree but I feel as if 12+ years kind qualifies you to be true Horde. :man_shrugging: I’ve always thought Goblins to be OG Horde as well.) Razor Hill is a great start. I wonder if there’s any innocuous monuments out in the world in Kalimdor that could be used for the event. Like a big stone slab or pillar sticking out of the ground. Barrens, Desolace, Mulgore?

Canonically, Thrall assigned a slab out in Demon Fall Canyon to be Grommash’s memorial / resting place. That’d be one of my first suggestions. The gloomy atmosphere puts the player + character in the shoes of Thrall to remember what happened. If you’ve ever done the Harvest Festival quest, you know what I mean - and if you haven’t you really should! You can still visit the memorial without it being the in-game holiday. It used to play this cinematic in-game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2sTXXesYNM

Thoughts?

1 Like

Demonfall Canyon feels ugly to me, but–there actually IS an actual monument to the fallen right outside the gates of Orgrimmar. It’s the same place you get the quest to honor Grommash every year. It’s literally a stone pillar with smaller rocks around it, with various weapons of various races placed as if on graves.

Now, that said–given the fact that the Gates of Org are a huge hotspot for dueling and pvp, that might not be the right place for it if we want to avoid trolling.

I do like the Razor Hill idea, though. Feels like it honors the two rebellions that saved the Horde.

2 Likes

Durotar: Fire Totem Quest Altar or Wheat Farm to the northeast canyon top (shows that new Horde peace) are good spots

Barrens: Totem Quest spot outside of Ratchet, Thorn Hill, Small Mesa overlooking the mouth of the Southfury, Vrang Wildgore’s, the lake on the western Mesa bordering Ashenvale, the altar of the fallen to the west of Crossroads.

2 Likes