[H-RP] To Honor the Fallen: November 16th

“Wishes does not a world make. We do the best we can where we are, every minute, every breath. We make mistakes, and we have to live with them. We try to learn from them. And that is all we can do.” - Thrall to Baine Bloodhoof; Temple of the White Tiger, Pandaria.

Once again the Horde finds itself battered; in shock from the recent violence of war. The greatest evil of this war is no dragon, beast, god, or faction, but the Horde itself. Differing ideologies once pulled apart the great family and wrote a bloody chapter - this time no different - coming but a heartbeat away from a second Siege of Orgrimmar. Instead, but one life was given to end the reign of another tyrant.

The wounds will heal, yet the scars remain. When all is said and done, we look to who has survived, and little on those who have moved on. Too much is spent on glory, too little on remembrance.

On November 16th, 5PM server, an eve of solidarity. To honor the fallen, to remember the forgotten, to thank those who have given.

In the Razor Hill Graveyard, the resting place of many of the Horde’s children, in the shadow of the birthplace of two rebellions that divided us further than ever before - to heal and bond.

When:

Saturday, November 16th, 5PM server.

Where:

Razor Hill Graveyard

Hosted by:

The Vol’kar Legion and The Gor’Watha Warband

Order of events:

• Opening Memorial speech,

• Blessing to the fallen, the lost, captured, and forgotten,

• Memorial speeches on behalf of elected speakers,

• Final moment of silence.

Volunteered Speakers:

• Taz’jin Darkspear of the Gor’Watha Warband,
  • Sarestha of Lordaeron,
  • Aeyther, of the Sunfury Battalion,
  • Elarria of Suramar,
  • Enyetof of Mulgore (tentative),
  • Chentao of Shen-zin Su (tentative),
  • Nok’ghor of Draenor.

Speaker’s topic to follow: To honor the fallen, remember the forgotten, to thank those who have given. What does this memorial stand for your race? Why is it so important we stand together?

Vacant speakers (by race - only one per race, first come first serve NOTIFY EITHER BULISS OR TAZJIN BEFOREHAND):

• Goblin,
  • Zandalari.
16 Likes

I would love to attend and bring the Vol’kar. Such an event is not only extremely relevant, but extremely important to have. Blizzard’s storyline, although rushed, actually touched upon how small / empty is the world is becoming because of the war against the Legion shotgunned right into another world war.

I wouldn’t mind helping host this event, but will step aside for others who want to. I think I’ll start the first conversation piece by questioning if we could move the date. You may not get as big of a success if it’s held on Blizzcon. I think people will be far too hyped / engrossed with that and may miss out on the event. There are also several hundred people on WrA that will be travelling to attend it. I would say pushing it back by just a day. Just something to think about, though.

4 Likes

Oh my gods, I never even realized i had come up with the same date as BlizzCon!

Well the date is open! What do we think is the best date for an event like this?

What about one week later, Saturday November 9th?

1 Like

I would be 100% open to helping host an event like this! Taz is a shadow hunter, and follower of Bwonsamdi, so he’d be all over the opportunity to give some kind of invocation or blessing. And that aside, I’m happy to help do/organize it in any way you need. This IS a very important thing for us to do, I think.

I think a weekend is the right time for it, although yeah, as Bulis said, Blizzcon probs not the best date. I’d totally be down for it being the 9th. What timeframe were you thinking of, for it? Morning/afternoon/evening?

1 Like

As long as it remains on a Saturday, I’ll be there for sure! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was thinking a 5pm start time. Seems reasonable to me.

1 Like

5PM server is a good start. Not too early and not too late. I like the sound of pushing it back to the 9th as well. I’d totally be down for helping any sort of coordination alongside Tazjin. If memory serves me right, he did something similar for Vol’jin and the Broken Shore on another server. (Can’t remember if he came from ED or ER). With proper planning, this could be something amazing. Maybe even routine.

2 Likes

That’s a nice thought! We do it this once, and if it is done right and gathers a crowd, it might become an annual Wyrmrest tradition.

Should 5pm be the start of opening address? Or, should it be the meeting time of the factions/races, leading to a 5:20 procession to the final meeting place, followed by a 5:30 opening address?

Just throwing out ideas. I will maybe update the OP as we narrow things down?

1 Like

Neat! I’d live to show up on my BElf paladin. Not really involved with WrA RP yet, so she’d probably just attend in observance, but I’ll save the date whenever details get figured out!

1 Like

Awesome!

We’re gonna keep the original post updated as we figure/iron out details.

1 Like

Sounds like a really neat event, though I know a lot of the big Orc guilds and tribal guilds will all be at the Autumn Kosh’harg festival. If it was another day besides the 9th I’d totally be there.

2 Likes

Oh no! Didn’t realize this date was taken up already. See, this is why we are having a conversation about it, haha, I need help!

So, that date is not a possibility. What do we think would work, then?

1 Like

The following weekend Saturday could work out :slight_smile:

I’d love to help out with this.

1 Like

So, Saturday November 16th?

How does this sound to everyone?

2 Likes

Alternatively make it a bit earlier even.

1 Like

I’m all for it.

1 Like

To help with this making a discord may be beneficial.

2 Likes

I think having a group like the Volkar Legion kinda “emcee” this would be fitting, especially if your guild’s storyline revolved around the war.

2 Likes

The Sons of Varok would love to come!

3 Likes

It could be done; I’d have to speak with my officers first. We’ve always been hands-off with being too involved in server events. I think this would be a good exception, though. I agree with creation of a discord for discussion - but maybe the transparency of forums would be better. I’d be flexible either way.

The officers and I have a meeting on Thursday. I’ll bring it up to them there.

3 Likes