[H-RP] The Wolfmane Tribe

01/08/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Buliss
Thinking of bringing steak to the next gund'harg...

Is it quality steak and do you plan to share?
01/08/2017 10:05 PMPosted by Raton
01/08/2017 10:53 AMPosted by Buliss
Thinking of bringing steak to the next gund'harg...

Is it quality steak and do you plan to share?

Wolfmane Tribe

A steak made from Wolfmane is the highest mark of quality.
01/10/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Valkosk
A steak made from Wolfmane is the highest mark of quality.

Tasted, and can confirm.

...oops.
Ya'll need the Earthmother!
Geez Raton, what's your beef?
01/11/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Cluua

Grade A
01/11/2017 08:27 AMPosted by Valkosk
01/11/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Cluua

Grade A

My beef is that people are tasting our grade A beef! This isn't a free wine tasting!
January Update + February Feather Ceremony

It is the start of a new year and Wolfmane has started with a bang! From hunting stone bears to grand battles against the Feltotem to intense character progression, 2017 is proving to be a pretty active year! So let us just dive right into it, eh?

OOC News

The tribe has been slowly facing new changes, introducing new traditions and reaching out to other tribes. The Wolfmane attended a tribal moot, which was also attended by over TEN tauren tribes across multiple servers! You never did see as many moos in one place as you did there! We're greatly looking forward to attending the next one, and hope to see even more tauren tribes!

IC News

The month began with the tribe facing a brutal ambush from the Feltotem. Their camp in Cliff's Edge was very nearly burned to the ground, and our supplies destroyed! Many were badly injured, yet in spite of it all we were able to make it to the Tribal Moot alongside all the other tauren tribes. The beginnings of hopefully strong friendships were forged there, and will, with luck, continue to grow.

After the attack from the Feltotem, it was time once and for all to secure Cliff's Edge. The tribe launched a final assault on the Feltotem village, while the Elder Shaman Bruhai took a couple others to calm restless Highmountain spirits. The battle was a major success and tribe returned injured, but in good spirits, and a feast of celebration was held.

Members of the tribe were also sent on a hunt to find two mysterious stone bears, who had eluded the hunters in the past. Our hunters faced trials as they searched for the bears, some thought provoking, others just plain disturbing, until eventually they discovered the bears. The stone bears, who revealed themselves to be a Spirit of Honor and a Spirit of Courage, spoke of how they had been watching the hunters, and they judged them. Some words were harsh, yet the Spirit of Courage found herself impressed and imparted her blessing upon some of the hunters.

But the true battle of Highmountain was still not yet over. The tribe never did quite regain the pride they lost after rescuing so many from the clutches of the drogbar. In order to secure our place in Highmountain, we moved south from Cliff's Edge, passing through kobold caverns and through Thunder Totem, then up the mountain to settle in Ironhorn Enclave. From here, the tribe will prepare for the fight against the drogbar, so that hopefully, at last, we may move on to face the true enemy...

Yet our first order of business in Ironhorn was, thankfully, a much lighter occasion, as we held our February Feather Ceremony! Once more new traditions were introduced and we make the first steps into creating a better system amongst our tribe. Yet through this process, the Wolfmane has lost two of its council, but in their absence, their advisors carry on the torch. Here are our list of promotions this ceremony:

Our newest Aspirants
- Grugron
- Gueridaan

Our newest Kin
- Aioka Ravensong
- Fen'dorn Dawnchaser
- Jallen Soothoof
- Kon Fragilehoof
- Rathga

Our newest Council Members
- Serashu Starflame, High Strider of the Wolfmane Tribe
- Sermina Cliffseeker, Grand Mistwalker of the Wolfmane Tribe

As well as all that, Honor Feathers have been handed out! This is a new tradition within the Wolfmane in which we recognize honorable deeds that members have performed. This month we recognize...

- Bruhai, for dealing with restless spirits and helping to keep the Feltotem from raising a new army.
- Callinanu Starflame, for protecting the Elder Shaman as he calmed the restless Bloodtotem spirits.
- Karanga Featherspear, for her leadership during the attack on the Feltotem.
- Mahepaola Runetotem, for she saved tribemates from falling off of a bridge when the ropes were cut.
- Ool'lah, for her ferocity and determination in protecting and fighting for her tribemates in the battle against the Feltotem.

And that is it for this newsletter! We are eager to see what trials February will bring. Until then, if you wish to meet with Wolfmane, you can find us at Ironhorn Enclave, or if it is easier, simply catch us at Bloodhoof Village when we do our weekly Story Circle each Sunday, at 6:30 PM server time!
Now that was one incredible Feather Ceremony, and I believe the largest one I witnessed so far. Seeing months of careful planning come to fruition with all these new traditions was just lovely. I loved all of it really!

It was also a very sad one for me personally, as it came with the announcement of my departure, so that I could focus on new roleplaying pursuits. It sure wasn't an easy thing to do, but this lovely bunch of people have given me a wonderful and supportive farewell, and I am grateful. My successor, Sermina, shall be keeping all the moonks in check, and do a brilliant job in making sure the brews are all tasty.

Thank you for a wonderful year Wolfmane! I pretty much lost count just how many good memories I gathered in all my time with you. Stay classy!

On and as usual, I have a few screenshots around as well for folks that are visiting. 4K warning as usual!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z322auvji6wgbjr/AACgdYQS0jPydZyteNAPMWYZa?dl=0
February Update!

It is the season of love, though even ignoring that the tribe had plenty to celebrate this month! From forging new friendships and assisting old allies, there was lots of love to go around this month.

OOC News

The Wolfmane has begun its transition into a new system, in which members of the tribe will no longer be separated by their IC class, but rather by a much broader role. One of four, to be exact: the Braves, the Mystics, the Menders, and the Artisans.

And as a part of the first step of this transition, Mahepaola Runetotem has begun her training to become the leader of the Mystics. Once her training is complete and she is officially named council, then the mystics and all of the spiritually inclined will turn to her for leadership. And alongside Mahepaola, we have Callinanu Starflame, who had also just been officially announced as High Shaman Bruhai's apprentice. As he learns, he will serve as Mahepaola's advisor. Good luck, you two!

IC News

The Wolfmane settled itself somewhat comfortably within the Ironhorn Enclave. The biting cold and high altitude was difficult to handle, but the tribe adjusted well enough to the point where we could launch our final assault upon the drogbar. They were defeated, and the Wolfmane returned battered but victorious, at long last finally securing our place within Highmountain.

And with our victory we had room to speak of brighter things. Mahepaola Runetotem was officially announced to be in training to be leader of the Mystics within the tribe, while Callinanu Starflame was announced High Shaman Bruhai's apprentice. Alongside all that, the Ghostwolf Clan sent some of their own to meet with the Wolfmane and forge an alliance. Ghostwolf and Wolfmane seemed to hit it off right away, and a strong alliance formed.

On a little more shaky terms, the tribe was approached by members of the Royal Apothecary Society. Many of the tribe felt wary and nervous, but as the meeting went on and children and beasts from both groups began to interact and play, it seemed to lighten the mood and by the end, it seemed that a friendship may very well be on the horizon.

At long last feeling secure and comfortable with our place within Highmountain, the tribe took some time to turn its attention to other matters. Karanga Featherspear took several tribemates, as well as several members within the Whitehorn Tribe, to a small village within Desolace that had been struck by starvation and poverty. They were reacted to with fear and wariness, but as healing was provided and food handed out, slowly the starved villagers began to open up. Providing food and medicine was but the first step to healing this weakened village, and there are plans to return very soon and continue working with the village.

But the starved village was not the only business within Desolace. At the end of the month the tribe attended the monthly Tribal Moot, meeting new and old friends. But throughout the Moot, one group seemed to be missing -- the Whitehorn. By the end of the Moot, the Wolfmane received a cry for help, coming from Desolace, the Whitehorn's camp. Alongside the Ghostwolf Clan and the Windsong Herd, Wolfmane rushed to Desolace and found the Whitehorn under siege. The attack was broken, but perhaps too late? The Whitehorn lived, but were terribly scarred, both physically and mentally. Wolfmane tended to their wounds as well as each other's wounds as best we could, but in the end we had to return home to check on our own people. But there is no doubt that within the coming weeks we will return to Desolace, both for the starved village and for Whitehorn, and provide whatever relief we can with our limited supplies.
<3 All the love from Windsong!

We can't wait to do more events with you all.
RAS sends their love as well! We'll be in touch soon to get some more events planned, it was really fun to meet you all!!!
A lot has happened thus far this month, with many more events to come, and as such it seems fitting that we cut up this month's update in half! So let's get right to it!

OOC News

This Feather Ceremony officially announced the full changes the tribe will be experiencing. It will not affect very much just how the tribe is run, but mostly it affects how groups are broken up and who people will turn to for guidance. Whereas once the tribe was separated based on IC class, with a leader for each class, now it will simply be a matter of what role your character takes; are you a Brave, a Mender, a Mystic, or an Artisan?

The tribe's friendship with the Ghostwolf Clan has also grown stronger, the two groups now traveling together and camping alongside one another. Any Wolfmane who host events, or even just simple random role play are encouraged to let our Ghostwolf brothers know and invite them to join in!

And, finally, most exciting of all, the Dance of the Earthmother is once again approaching! This Sunday, March 19th beginning at 4 PM Wyrmrest Time, we will be helping to host the Dance! As per usual Wolfmane will be helping with Story Circle, hosting it starting at 5 PM after the Opening Ceremonies. Also starting at 5 PM we'll be holding a brand new event called Spirit Seeking! In this event you will hear riddles and be sent out to find spirits and receive their blessings. The first three to find all four spirits will win a gold prize! Read more about it here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753625381

IC News

The month began bittersweet. We started off scouting for our new camp, sending groups out to Stormheim, Suramar, Val'sharah, and Azsuna. Scouting seemed to go well, but about halfway through a terrible message echoed out over the whisperwood: Tahkan Ragetotem was killed while helping the Suramar group. Some were able to continue their scouting through the heartache, while others returned home with lowered spirits.

But even in the face of such pain the Wolfmane still had to make a decision on where to go, and as such the next day the tribe gathered and discussed their options before voting. In the end, the tribe decided that they would travel to Azsuna, and so began packing.

Yet before Wolfmane left Highmountain behind, first we had to perform one last Feather Ceremony from atop the chilly mountain. The promotions were as followed:

Our newest Aspirants:
- Cluua Cloudhoof
- Luxi Ironhorn
- Tahalok Whitefeather
- Vallisar Steelhorn
- Topi

Our newest Kin:
- Ahruu Astralwind
- Grugron Ashmane

And for Honor Feathers, this month we honored those who had helped save the Whitehorn when their camp was attacked.

- Ahruu Astralwind
- Blackwolf Grimtotem
- Egha
- Lornarin
- Luxi Ironhorn
- Moiralda Eagletalon
- Ool'lah
- Serashu Starflame

And finally, for the last Honor Feather, we granted it to the individual who sacrificed his life to protect his tribe and family.

- Tahkan Ragetotem. Your tales will continue to be sung amongst the Wolfmane for generations to come.

With the end of the Feather Ceremony, the Wolfmane, alongside the Ghostwolf Clan, traversed through the Broken Isles yet again, into the hostile territory known as Azsuna, where at last we will face off against the Legion head on...
Wolfmane is excited to take part in the Dance of the Earthmother: Spring Edition, happening tomorrow, March 19th, beginning at 4 PM server time! We'll be doing the weekly Story Circle throughout the event, as to be expected, as well as a new event called Spirit Seeking! For more information about the Dance and the other events that will take place there, please check out this thread!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753625381?page=1
End of March Update!

The month of March has come to an end, and April has begun! So it's time for another update! I promise there's no jokes in this announcement, rest assured everyone.

OOC News

Immediately after the last update we held the Dance of the Earthmother alongside the Broken Horn Tribe, Stonewind Tribe, Thunderhoof Clan, andPinehoof Tribe! The event this time around was only a day long and it was a wonderful success! The Thunderhoof Clan gave us a fun twist to our usual opening ceremonies, Broken Horn held an incredibly tense and draining race around Mulgore, Pinehoof held a sparring tournament, Stonewind did their incredibly challenging riddles (what was that, like an hour before anyone got it? Props to Stonewind!), and Wolfmane sent people out to find spirits in Mulgore and receive their blessings! Here are a couple screenshots for you all.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/1045515/dotespring20174.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/1045515/dotespring20173.png
https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/1045515/dotespring20175.png

And for the first of April, Wolfmane also teamed up with Broken Horn to present our members with The Broken Mane Tribe! A merging of two tauren tribes to create the ultimate mega-tribe! Of course, this was all an April Fool's prank but it was great fun, and we hope we did not upset our members too badly with this little joke. But all pranks aside, we're excited to move into the new month!

IC News

This latter half of the month saw several of our tribe brothers and sisters lead hunts and assist our allies. Centaur hunting took place, as well as the hunt of a rare albino hippogryph. Head Brave Blackwolf Grimtotem also led an attack head on against demons within Azsuna, showing them that at last, the Wolfmane was joining the heat of the battle against the Legion directly.

Also this month the Broken Horn Tribe gave a call for help, and Wolfmane returned to the Barrens to assist their allies in taking back their village. The battle was long and bloody, but eventually the war party emerged victorious, and the Broken Horn would be able to clean up their home and begin rebuilding. With that, the Wolfmane returned home, with the sounds of war echoing from the Broken Shore.

But as always, there is time for celebration. The Wolfmane performed our April Feather Ceremony, and several of our tribe were honored this month.

Newcomers Recognized
- Hevruul Warmantle
- Avounke Grimtotem

Our newest Kin
- Hikahi
- Luxi Ironhorn
- Rowtag Wildheart
- Taurus Stonehoof
- Wuyoon Emberhorn

And for Honor Feathers this month, we recognize the following individuals:

- Alphie Ironhorn
- Blackwolf Grimtotem
- Egha Halfscream
- Haikani Snowsong
- Kiran Featherspear
- Rowtag Wildheart

With the Feather Ceremony to start us off for April, we will finally thrust ourselves into the heat of war with high spirits. We can only hope that it will last.
I hope Dalaran and Broken Shore are prepared for the stampede... *cackles* Haha, oh god sharding is gonna be killer...

In the meantime though, we're about to hold Story Circle in Bloodhoof Village, at 6:30 server time if anyone would like to listen to stories or tell one!
[quote="207481116657"][i]In the midst of your travels throughout Kalimdor, you stumble upon an encampment riddled with Tauren tents. Accompanying the tents is a large group of Tauren, gathered in a circle, with their latest hunt roasting over a warm fire.

"Holy !@#$ I have dinner for a month!"
04/24/2017 05:19 AMPosted by Edero
[quote="207481116657"][i]In the midst of your travels throughout Kalimdor, you stumble upon an encampment riddled with Tauren tents. Accompanying the tents is a large group of Tauren, gathered in a circle, with their latest hunt roasting over a warm fire.

"Holy !@#$ I have dinner for a month!"

Have you ever seen a bunch of cows stampede with nowhere to go? *claps hands together* It's like a meat grinder. You don't want that.
The march continues! Gonna be seeing all the beef from the Hif at the Broken Shore. *Flex*
04/23/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Karanga
In the meantime though, we're about to hold Story Circle in Bloodhoof Village, at 6:30 server time if anyone would like to listen to stories or tell one!

Good to hear that Story Circle is still going, I haven't been to one in a while. Hopefully I will be there this weekend or the next, I do have a story idea but I need time to write it. I don't really feel like writing it on the hoof, so to speak, which I have done before but not with a 15 minute time limit :)