[H-RP] <The Strawmen>

*Places little cloth strawmen about the under city and any where else she travels..*

How dare this be on the 3rd page!

Back to the 1st with you!
For every third night since the last gathering the Strawmen had hosted, Nos would stroll through Brill listening for any familiar words from one of their kind. But, on this night he places a little figure made of straw on the pedestal which the statue of Sylvanas stands upon. He turns to the north and walks out of town towards the lake.
When is your guys' event schedule? I can usually make anytime the Collective isn't having an event except for Friday/Saturday from roughly 5-7 PM server for raid night.
02/28/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Nkhwazi
When is your guys' event schedule? I can usually make anytime the Collective isn't having an event except for Friday/Saturday from roughly 5-7 PM server for raid night.

We're pretty loosely structured, to be honest. As such, we don't necessarily have a "set schedule" on things, but I generally just get a feel for what works best for our members by asking directly when I have an event planned, and I encourage members to come up with their own events to propose to the guild as well. We're not necessarily as active as some other guilds as a result, but I like to think it makes it fairly low pressure/demand and fits in with the theme of a horizontally managed group/guild/etc.
03/02/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Barnabas
We're pretty loosely structured, to be honest. As such, we don't necessarily have a "set schedule" on things, but I generally just get a feel for what works best for our members by asking directly when I have an event planned, and I encourage members to come up with their own events to propose to the guild as well. We're not necessarily as active as some other guilds as a result, but I like to think it makes it fairly low pressure/demand and fits in with the theme of a horizontally managed group/guild/etc.

I agree with you on the last part and I think it helps because you have some really good individuals in your group.

In regards to the top and if there is an opening in y'alls time, might I be able to propose an in-guild RP event? Nothing extravagant and something that could be molded by y'all so as to be the best fit for the guild. If so, then I can share the thought in-game or here.
Nos stops at the mailbox in Terran Mill and takes a glance around. Once he sees not an interested soul, he slips the letter into the slit. As he turns to leave the town, he wonders if the warning will reach those he is concerned about.
Apologies for the extended silence since our last event, folks. I've been dealing with getting the paperwork done for a new house and getting ready to start a new job and everything that comes with that, so my attention has been focused elsewhere. Looking to get everything up and running again, proper, once a couple of things hash out in the next few weeks.

As always, thanks for the support we've received from the community thus far, despite my own somewhat manic planning and play schedule.
Oh my Gods, you guys. A few days ago I wrote a poem about the Banshee Queen that not only goes with the theme of your guild, but even contains a scarecrow reference. I posted it on this very forum; here's the link:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762057987

I know this sounds strange, but... I'd like to GIVE this poem to your guild, if you want it. I'd like my name to stay attached as author but other than that I would like to formally offer you full rights to the poem to use however you want. It's just too perfect for your guild concept for me to hang onto. :)

Of course, if you're not into poetry or otherwise not interested, I won't take offense. But the offer is here!
03/15/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Morrowveil
Oh my Gods, you guys. A few days ago I wrote a poem about the Banshee Queen that not only goes with the theme of your guild, but even contains a scarecrow reference. I posted it on this very forum; here's the link:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20762057987

I know this sounds strange, but... I'd like to GIVE this poem to your guild, if you want it. I'd like my name to stay attached as author but other than that I would like to formally offer you full rights to the poem to use however you want. It's just too perfect for your guild concept for me to hang onto. :)

Of course, if you're not into poetry or otherwise not interested, I won't take offense. But the offer is here!

We'd be honored. I absolutely love it, and it's such a neat coincidence that it matches up in regards to imagery and theme as well as it does!
The poem may or may not be included in the pamphlets that are handed out at events.

Then you'll be declared a radical, just like us.
03/26/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Cryptstalker
The poem may or may not be included in the pamphlets that are handed out at events.

Then you'll be declared a radical, just like us.

I think I'm okay with that. :D
WOW that's amazing!! Thank you for sharing!! <3
The Desolate Council in canon seems to have a similar idea, and the harvest for political distension among the dead is ripe. I will bookmark this forum and see if perhaps my dear forsaken warlock might make a home among these free-men.
Hey everyone, I’m still hashing out my real life situation, but some of our members and friends are going to be having a little story scenario/RP opportunity coming up this week, if you’d like the opportunity to RP with some of us!

What: The Strawmen are distributing tracts and providing guidance to the newly arisen, but they may have attracted the attention of a potentially persistent new foe.

Where: Cold Hearth Manor

When: Friday the 13th, 7PM server time.

Hope you can make it!
I'll see you guys there tomorrow.
04/09/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Barnabas
Hey everyone, I’m still hashing out my real life situation, but some of our members and friends are going to be having a little story scenario/RP opportunity coming up this week, if you’d like the opportunity to RP with some of us!

What: The Strawmen are distributing tracts and providing guidance to the newly arisen, but they may have attracted the attention of a potentially persistent new foe.

Where: Cold Hearth Manor

When: Friday the 13th, 7PM server time.

Hope you can make it!

Due to some unexpected scheduling changes for our members and friends, the event has been postponed until next Monday (April 23)! All other details remain the same. We hope you’ll join us and apologize for the sudden rescheduling!
Hey!

I just wanted to say that I saw you guys around in the <Show of Force> (This is Sarca, the weird Undead guy with the bandages) event and found your approach towards Sylvanas' struggle for eternity very interesting!

I've been meaning to join y'all on this character, seeing as he is a priest with a rather similar approach to the philosophy behind the Forgotten Shadow. I've even written a psalm about it y'all are welcome to use!

Life Within the Grave

The life within the grave
Thy have preached
Shadow Forgotten, to the brave
By the fallen beseeched

How can thy wither,
O’ sacred gift of life?
We’ve tasted Death, bitter
Condemning us in eternal strife

We exalt thy laments,
Thy live within our woes
Beneath our flesh and garments
Thrive the Shadow in our soul

As if by a fount,
Flow waters we despise
Drowning the eternal truth
In rivers of twisted lies

The most beautiful of masters
Brings forth salvific light
We mourn pain and disaster
Our beauty and our blight

O’ miracles blessed with purity
Truth we were taught to condemn
Is the beauty of life eternity,
Or is it it’s fateful end?

I've just been wondering what the are the views of the Strawmen when it comes to the Forgotten Shadow as a religion? Are they accepting towards it, dismissive or neutral?

I ask this since there is no way this character would be willing to join an organization that is not religious in the least.
Hi! This is Ralera from the Show of Force last night. I loved debating you guys.
04/28/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Shadesinger
Hi! This is Ralera from the Show of Force last night. I loved debating you guys.

Oh gosh, hey! Debating with Ralera was a ton of fun, I'm still surprised we managed to avoid combat with her!

04/28/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Serapheim
I've just been wondering what the are the views of the Strawmen when it comes to the Forgotten Shadow as a religion? Are they accepting towards it, dismissive or neutral?

We haven't really come together to decide upon this topic, I believe we let each member decide on their own how to feel about the Forgotten Shadow. So neutral. Who knows though, people can always be convinced to change their views!

Your work is always such a joy to read, thank you for posting it here!
I'm getting excited, what with the <Show of Force> event that passed, the much anticipated DoA guild joining our server, and the return of the Strawfather. This is going to be quite a ride.