[H-RP] <The Strawmen>

Gotta re-plant the seeds of page position.
Second page again? What is this maddness?
I'm curious as to how the new expansion will fit into the guild theme. I'm sure you'll fight for the Forsaken community alongside the Horde, but how might your view of Sylvanas change?

Furthermore, I hear the start of this conflict has something to do with the burning of the world tree and Sylvanas is involved in it. She might not be the actual architect of the incident, but if the world doesn't know the truth and instead believe she is to blame; just curious.
Bumping.
11/08/2017 11:00 PMPosted by Noslferatu
I'm curious as to how the new expansion will fit into the guild theme. I'm sure you'll fight for the Forsaken community alongside the Horde, but how might your view of Sylvanas change?

Furthermore, I hear the start of this conflict has something to do with the burning of the world tree and Sylvanas is involved in it. She might not be the actual architect of the incident, but if the world doesn't know the truth and instead believe she is to blame; just curious.

I've been thinking about that, actually. I wouldn't say we're an overtly antagonistic guild in regards to the faction conflict outside of self-defense, but I'd say being forced out of your homeland by an invasion force could classify as a self-defense situation. I'm still going to discuss it with our members (of course) as I wouldn't want to unilaterally make a decision for the plot direction that might sour them on the guild overall, but a tense and temporary cooperation with some of the more traditionalist Forsaken guilds might be on the table at some point as would a potential guerrilla resistance campaign by our guild independently.

The former would allow for some great community growth with all the Forsaken groups intermingling with a basic shared goal while still bristling at each other over their individual desired outcomes and guild philosophies, and the latter would allow a lot of opportunity for in-guild RP development as well as RP-PvP opportunities for those who would enjoy them.

We'll have to see how everything is laid out once the expansion is closer to launch, of course.

As for Sylvanas starting the conflict, I think the reaction there would break down to individual characters. We obviously are primarily composed of a certain element that either outright dislikes her or at least dislikes the expectation that all Forsaken should lick her boots, so for some preemptively starting a massive war could be seen as vindication of the view that she's unfit to lead. I'll be interested to see how each of our members reacts IC'ly, though. There's a LOT of opportunity for character growth and development for Forsaken in BfA, from what we know thus far.
I agree that this expansion will provide a lot of opportunity for character growth and development.

I feel like this is the expansion I've been waiting for since Cata in regards to how Sylvanas will come into the final form of her character arc. This is also the one I've been waiting for to see what final state of existence the Forsaken community will take.

The IC reactions of your fellow members will be very interesting to observe, I just hope such dynamic RP possibilities will not be hidden from view of the public.
Maleficene hears a strange collection of words in the breeze as she returns to Brill from helping out at the mills. Though she is without the old sight, through the shadow which maintains her existence she sees the forms of another fresh group of undead being lead. On the edge of her dark vision she sees a single Forsaken in a tattered hat walking over the horizon of a hill.

She had no inclination that very moment would be the first time she would encounter a member of a unique group of individuals.

I would love to stumble across another speech or meeting.
11/11/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Maleficene
Maleficene hears a strange collection of words in the breeze as she returns to Brill from helping out at the mills. Though she is without the old sight, through the shadow which maintains her existence she sees the forms of another fresh group of undead being lead. On the edge of her dark vision she sees a single Forsaken in a tattered hat walking over the horizon of a hill.

She had no inclination that very moment would be the first time she would encounter a member of a unique group of individuals.

I would love to stumble across another speech or meeting.

We'll actually be having a sort of open "Community Market" event in Brill on the 18th at 9 PM server time! Hopefully some of the members in attendance will being giving some of their own "testimony" in favor of the guild, so that might be a good opportunity to meet some of us! That, of course, in addition to social RP and selling some of the "goods" the Strawmen commune "produces".

We'll actually be having a sort of open "Community Market" event in Brill on the 18th at 9 PM server time! Hopefully some of the members in attendance will being giving some of their own "testimony" in favor of the guild, so that might be a good opportunity to meet some of us! That, of course, in addition to social RP and selling some of the "goods" the Strawmen commune "produces".

Maleficene notices new flyers on the banner-poles lining the path up to the gates of the Undercity. She caresses the rough paper and makes out the Scarecrow shaped seal pressed into wax gracing the bottom of the page. It brings to mind the Forsaken with the worn hat. Through her shadow sight she reads the words, after the end she whispers to herself. "This might be interesting."

I'll be there for sure.
As the original "Strawman", I will give this guild some support and wish you all luck.

March forever.
Bump to first page!
11/13/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Dedricks
As the original "Strawman", I will give this guild some support and wish you all luck.

March forever.

My memory fails me, but where have I seen you before? It's on the top of my tongue.
And, how can you be 110 with 0 achievement points?
11/15/2017 05:00 AMPosted by Capteya
My memory fails me, but where have I seen you before? It's on the top of my tongue.
And, how can you be 110 with 0 achievement points?

In order:
    Dedricks led the Forsaken pre-legion storyline (before abandoning us for the alliance you traitor) (jk hope you're having a lovely time maybe I'll see you in blue some time) (Edit: he did other things; e.g. Forsaken High Command was also his bit, if I remember correctly. That's just the one that came to my mind.)
    I think it's a forum glitch, he has achievement points on the armory.

I'm super excited for the Strawmen market in a few days! Rouille is..... intrigued. Let's get y'all some new friends before then! This is a great concept, & I can't wait to see how it plays out in BfA!
11/15/2017 06:05 AMPosted by Rouille

In order:
    Dedricks led the Forsaken pre-legion storyline (before abandoning us for the alliance you traitor) (jk hope you're having a lovely time maybe I'll see you in blue some time) (Edit: he did other things; e.g. Forsaken High Command was also his bit, if I remember correctly. That's just the one that came to my mind.)
    I think it's a forum glitch, he has achievement points on the armory.

I'm super excited for the Strawmen market in a few days! Rouille is..... intrigued. Let's get y'all some new friends before then! This is a great concept, & I can't wait to see how it plays out in BfA!

That's right, thanks.
A day gone by without the man up top, is little more than a pile of straw.

With no real end time for the market this weekend, I might go with my main after this one wears out her welcome.
This looks like it has the potential to be a ton of fun! Do you have a minimum level requirement to join?
In death there is no level requirement because we're all equal levels in death.
It's been awhile, Capteya, but all is forgiven! Ha. -And thank you, Rouille, for the shout-out. Was a fun time with Purgation Front.

Psst -- I'm all about Forsaken High Intelligence. ;)
11/18/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Dedricks
It's been awhile, Capteya, but all is forgiven! Ha. -And thank you, Rouille, for the shout-out. Was a fun time with Purgation Front.

Psst -- I'm all about Forsaken High Intelligence. ;)

Nope you turned traitor which means at least one word of all of your achievements must be misremembered at all times. It's in the rules. Look it up. (Whoops I'm really sorry yes that one high intelligence yes)

Market tonight!!!! I won't be able to make it, *tear* but have the most amazing time ever & I'll try to catch you next time an event comes up, cuz it seems like a good lot. Victory for Syl- wait, no, that doesn't work here. Victory for... The common forsaken?
We changed the start time to the market event so it's now 19:00 server time!! I'm probably going to be running late but I parked Versca in Brill and there's already some deaders there!!!!

Also just to clarify my previous goofy post but as far as I'm aware we don't have a level requirement. If we planned to RP in higher level zones that might be a problem for low levels but with future zone scaling may not really be a problem.