[H - RP] The Shadowtusk Clan is Recruiting!

The Shadowtusk Clan is recruiting!

Deep within the jungles of Stranglethorn, living within the storied walls of Zul’Gurub, the Shadowtusk clan have made their home. Accepting trolls from many different tribes, the Shadowtusk aim to provide a home for those who have been displaced, exiled, or those who have left their tribes of birth. The ultimate goal of the Shadowtusk is to unite the troll tribes under one banner so they may stand the test of time and not fall victim to history. We offer a player housing system using the many different huts that are found within the overworld version of Zul’Gurub.

Those who have attained the rank of ‘Ai’shi’ may join one of three different and unique divisions. Joining the Tusksworn will see your troll guarding the clan, training with your fellow tusks, and engaging enemies on the field of battle. The Scrollkeepers would have your troll delve into the forgotten tombs, uncovering the secret of the past and the lore of the land as you solve puzzles and uncover mysteries. The Shadow Guard would have your troll engage in the art of subtlety and statecraft, influencing our allies and eliminating our enemies.

In addition to our seasonal festivals for many different holidays and our expansive stories, we are involved with the Great Hunt each year and invite you to join us in July as we take the hunt to the death-ridden landscapes of the Eastern and Western Plaguelands! Later this year, we will host the Zul’atal Summit which seeks to celebrate Troll culture in a fun, three day, weekend event.

For our events we use a custom D20 system that offers the chance to customize your character in many different ways. With a simple stat system, our system utilizes abilities you can take into battle and use to decimate your foes, protect your clanmates, ride terrifying beasts into battle, or heal your allies. Supporting this system are a number of unique and fun items that your character can equip to gain unique bonuses, earning them by defeating powerful foes in our D20 events or crafting them with the help of the player crafters in our clan.

Going even further, we offer unique and thematic prestige classes that set your character on a multiple month storyline written to evoke the culture each class brings to the table. Whether it is the Augurs and their terrifying golems of magic and stone, the Shadow Hunters and their loa-blessed abilities, or the Dinomancers who command and change into Dinosaurs to decimate foes. There are many other classes available as well and each of them offers exclusive abilities to take onto the fields of battle.

While we are located within the walls of Zul’Gurub, we welcome all who wish to enjoy the environment to do so at their leisure! OOCly, our goal is to provide a welcoming place for all to interact and engage with an environment built around trolls and their vibrant culture. But for those who wish to join our clan:

• You must be 18 years of age or older to join.
  • We encourage your troll to not be from an extinct or nearly extinct tribe. However, we may make exceptions frequently to this rule for those who have done their research.

Soon, after a long period of ruling by council, the Shadowtusk will return to having a Chief. With Mo’saku, a clan member for nearly two years stepping into the role, both ICly and OOCly, and filling the shoes left open by Zu’daba! We have had many changes over the years, with many new faces joining our clan and older ones moving on. I invite you to join us either as one of our members or as a guest and hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Our website: https://shadowtusk.com/

If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to report a bad experience you may reach out to me in Discord at LikeClockWerk#9201, Battle.net at MrClockWerk#1192, or in-game on Mosaku!

May the Loa guide you on your path and the Shadows guard you, friend! Hoowah!

10 Likes

Hoowah, Shadowtusk!

3 Likes

o/ I’ve been with Shadowtusk for a long time and look forward to even more fun times ahead. It’s a great guild with fun stuff to do and a neat community. Hoowah, Shadowtusk!

2 Likes

The mid-day Azerothian sun beat down on the dense, uncaring canopy of Stranglethorn Vale. Smaller wildlife skittered across and through its foliage, sometimes playing in the escaping steam, their various calls dancing, challenging, and mingling with one another. Suddenly, at one particular point not too far from the over-grown and towering walls of Zul’Gurub, the canopy wildlife silenced and scattered in all directions.

At its epicenter, down in a hollowed, thorn-rich thicket on the jungle floor, sat two madly cackling female trolls.

“Ya, those crazy dead-mon cultists” the younger female concludes in heavily accented, wheezing Orcish, wiping a tear of laughter from her eye. “But de bigger menace be the Tanaris sand, I t’ink. I still am finding it everywhere.”

Another cascade of cackles erupted from the two women, sending a second, silenced wave of scattering wildlife. The trolls eventually run out of breath and are forced to still themselves. In the recovering quiet, the wildlife cautiously reappears. Slowly their calls resume: a chip here, an answering click there, building back up to its typical cacophony.

After a deep breath, the older female inquires in Zandali, her pronunciation crisp and musical, “So they are strong warriors, then, these Shadowtusks. To take out a wing of a death-cult and aid the Farraki, all while battling the ferocious desert sands.”

The younger troll chuckles and nods, a content sigh escaping her as she settles deeper into her seat. She answers in the other’s chosen tongue, “Yes, and more. What I have witnessed and been part of has backed up the tales about them. Strong. Dependable. Resourceful.”

“And the Hakkari shrine at the center of the city they have claimed?”

“From what I have seen: guarded. And dormant.”

“Good.”

A rumble of thunder was the only announcement to the sudden downpour that drenched them both. They looked up into the rain, letting it wash over them. After a moment, they turned to one another and shared a knowing smile before racing off into the jungle.

4 Likes

That was wonderful! I enjoyed it!

2 Likes

B is for B U M P.

Come and visit us in Zul’Gurub!

1 Like

We’re gearing up for our June festival, which is Oku’nakoba, the festival of honor, sportsmanship, and camaraderie! Later in the month we’re also kicking off the next leg of our storyline and headed to Zul’Aman! Exciting things! \o/

1 Like

An excerpt, inspired by one of our events

If she could scream, she would.

When she agreed to join other ‘Tusks in creating a sacred bonfire out of an abandoned, decrepit house in Duskwood she certainly didn’t anticipate finding herself inside their target, suspended mid-air, her throat caught at the unfortunate end of the crushing grip of a zombified berserker troll.

Time no longer has meaning in moments like these; the world both expanding and slowing to a near stand-still. It allows the ability to become acutely aware of everything, all at once.

To one side of the cob-web drenched loft she could see Nyundo. The Blacksmith’s arms were rising, his soot-stained and scarred body lit starkly and dramatically by the fire he was summoning, bent on the destruction of the enemy before him.

Not far from him stood the imposingly large Ko’Inha. The light of the fire-summoning reflected brightly off the Drakkari’s white fur and the fanged maw of their ghastly, four-eyed, horned mask. Their well-toned arms were still mid-extension after “returning” the boulder to the berserker troll.

She couldn’t see so much as sense Ta’kuma’s necrotic energies pooling in the shadows behind her: the unmistakable, eerily musical sounds of fleshless Gravesworn pressed by oath into action.

In the deeper shadows of the stairs behind the berserker troll she could just make out the form of the small and green-hued Raehzu. Her neck and head were swollen from tremendous injury, but her eyes were flashing in the dark. Her Venomancer’s hollowed-out blade was gripped in determination as she bounded towards the back of the death-hexed berserker.

Munkir only had time for one thought as the moment passed, the world escalating exponentially, the floor rushing up to meet her face at an impossible speed:

I have failed them.

Then, pain. Unbearable pain.

Then nothing at all.

2 Likes

I love the excerpt, Munkir! <3 Thank you for sharing :smiley:

We’re moving into our second week of Oku’nakoba, the festival of honor and physical strength, featuring events like the Oku’Thraze (a ritualistic wrestling match), the Oku’Meso (this holiday’s celebration of the Mesotuskian Ballgame), and more! We also start our journey to Zul’Aman later this week!

1 Like

We’ve just begun our month long trek into the Ghostlands to assist the Amani! Hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Bump for the loresavy racial guild that inspired me, cheers Shadowtusk! :beers:

3 Likes

Bumping this back up! We’re in the endgame of our arc with the Amani, and things are appropriately intense! There’s also a lot of exciting projects in development that will be announced soon :tm:

If you’ve got questions about recruiting, or would like to set up events with us or story, just drop me a message in-game or send me a mail, etc. I’m always looking for more folks to collaborate with!

1 Like

Been a while since this thread had a good bump! We’re currently celebrating our festival of magic and knowledge, Kii’nima! We’ve also introduced a new sub-group to the guild, the Ubalozi, or Embassy, for any troll who is interested in learning the art of diplomacy or has an interest in potentially working their way up to server as an Ambassador for the clan alongside Tezuli!

As always, if you’ve got questions about recruiting, are interested in joining, or would like to organize a plot between guilds/groups/communities, feel free to drop me a letter in-game or shoot me a whisper if you see me online! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was browsing the forums, see the recruitment thread for the guild I’m in not at the top!? Heresy. Ironic, as they put up with me, the local Loa Heretic!

Shadowtusk Clan is very welcoming to trolls of all stripes. Just not those blood god ones… but to necromancers who hate the Loa… just hold your tongue once inawhile… or don’t, Bwom’s had her tongue removed once already…

2 Likes

I can’t speak of it now, but back on Ravenholdt some 12 years ago when this guild was launched it was the absolute best Troll RP around. I remember RPing with Miza on the Row. Epic times surely missed. Great to see the name still around I hope justice is given.

1 Like

It’s called we drink a little bit of blood, just a little bit.

1 Like

We’ve just ended one of our big storyline events and are nearing the end of a seasonal event and the start of another holiday in the Shadowtusk! We also have the Great Hunt server event coming up this year.

2 Likes

Hey!

Sorry for the necro. /cry

Are you guys still active and if so, how do I do the recruitment? You were mentioned on my journey looking for a guild and I really appreciated your proposal.

Please, feel free to talk to me. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, Thuras! We are alive and thriving.

There are events being held every day, and pretty much nonstop ambient RP happening in game and Discord. The activity dial is set at “relentless”. Please send help.

You can submit an application the hyperlink in the first post. Once an officer approves it, someone will be in touch with you either in game or on discord about your RP introduction into the guild.

I look forward to meeting your troll, if I haven’t already!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, The Shadowtusks are still around and we’re just starting to prepare for another fun round of RP!

We’re about to start a month long story arc! It’ll be having monsters, magick, and who knows what else.

As well as our -GREAT HUNT!- a server wide week long event that you battle monsters, gain points, and win MARVELOUS prizes! It begins the 2nd week of July, the 11th through the 15th!

1 Like