[H RP-PVX] The Voldunai Accord

The Voldunai Accord
[Horde RP-PVX]

What is the Voldunai Accord?
The Voldunai Accord is a triplex of Horde roleplaying community branches housed under a single guild, focused around simple, versatile themes. It is multi-faceted as well including full-time RP, PVE-RP and PVP-RP. Each branch community will represent one of these three aspects of RP with a theme.

The Voldunai Accord has it’s roots primarily in Vol’dun with the Vulpera and Trolls. In an agreement between the Zandalari Empire, the Horde and the denizens of Vol’dun, the Voldunai Accord ensures that trade will be free and open between the Vulpera and the Horde, that Vol’dun will be a second access point for the Horde and Zandalari fleets, and that the Exiles of Vol’dun will be granted their freedom so long as they serve the Horde’s interests in return.

The first community is a place for all Vulpera to have a cultural center for RP and RP-PVE among their people. This will be known simply as The Voldunai Caravan. Here you will be able to visit a moving convoy of Vulpera tradesmen who travel about the lands of Kalimdor in pursuit of a piece of the Horde’s trading functions. It will appear once every week at a new, random location throughout Kalimdor and the activities there will change each week as well. Examples are a crafting market, an auction of exotic curios, a bandit raid, and a cultural exchange. There will also be a permanent location for people to come and go as they please, an inn/tavern called the Cranky Krolusk.

The second community is a place for adventurers of any race and is centered around the Horde’s presence in Vol’dun as well as the Horde’s PVE interests abroad. In Vol’dun the bones of the dead are often cursed and do not rest and bandits who are too cruel and power-hungry to serve the Horde continue to prey upon others in vicious attacks on the weak and unwary. Beyond the sands of Vol’dun, the threat of the Old Gods grows once again and the looming spectre of Death dwells upon the horizon.

Adventures are plentiful across Azeroth and the Voldunai are called upon to help the Horde endure their continuing hardships. Examples of events are D20 encounters with creatures of shadow and death as well as marauders and menaces of Vol’dun. Also some in-character real-time combat within the world utilizing semi-scripted “RP breaks” in and around combat.

The third community is a place for those who serve the Horde’s PVP interests abroad. On Zandalar the lingering presence of the Alliance can be felt across the island empire while on mainland Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms the Alliance continues to seek out and attack the Horde heedless of condemnation. The Night Warrior Tyrande is still at large in northern Kalimdor while the fiefdom of Quel’thalas is vulnerable to the Alliance fleet. Elsewhere the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren of the Broken Isles are also vulnerable to Alliance attack should they be targeted.

The battle for Azeroth is far from over between the Alliance and the Horde and in addition to the Zandalari and Vulpera, other Trolls from the exiles of Vol’dun are offered a chance at freedom should they serve the Horde. Some example events are cross-faction PVP-RP in Zandalar, the Broken Isles, Quel’thalas, Darkshore, Hyjal, Ashenvale, Duskwood, Silverpine Forest, Gilneas, Arathi Highlands, Northern Barrens and Kul Tiras.

Who can join The Voldunai Accord?

As I stated above, anyone in the Horde can join the guild and bring their own character to the story but from there they must join the community(ies) they feel they can contribute to. The only restriction belongs to the first community in which the player must join as a Vulpera. A Vulpera can join any of the three communities, but ONLY a Vulpera can join the first one.

I strongly encourage anyone who joins the PVE and even the PVP communities with an interest in crafting to participate in the trade events that happen with the Vulpera Caravan. I also strongly encourage EVERYONE to be adventurous and assertive. If you want RP, be the force of creativity and make an event! The ability to do so will be open to everyone and while I intend to create events and have officers create events, it cannot be the only source of events if the guild is to survive.

One rule that I feel everyone should be aware of is that this guild’s stories are meant to be lore-abiding and while we all know that the lore of World of Warcraft is regrettably sidelined, there are still some basic principles that we can all follow for a more streamlined experience. If you don’t wish to be lore-abiding, that doesn’t mean you’re not allowed in though. The lore is generally a guideline than the natural rule for most people and that’s fine so long as it’s made known before hand. However, for the purposes of events created by me and my officers-to-be to be fair and meaningful, they will be as lore-abiding as possible. More on that in the future though.

What sort of timeline are we looking at?

Well, as of this posting, I mostly have plans that I’m working on enacting. I am certainly not going tell you that I have everything all ready to go because that is far from the truth. This is grassroots at this time and in the year that we have until the launch of Shadowlands, things may evolve or change. However, the core idea of this guild will NOT change or deviate significantly as I am very passionate about the core theme.

I am VERY open to those who might be interested in becoming officers and if my guild/community framework is realistic I’m looking at utilizing three officers per branch at least. Those who are simply interested in joining may do so as of 12/9/2019, 4:00 PM server time as I will have created the guild in-game as well as the three communities by then. I am also going to do my best to create a very simple, utilitarian Discord server which will also have an open position for a moderator and/or engineer as my Discord-fu is limited to basic functions and settings.

I will do my best to get the framework for the guild set and ready to go no more than a month or so after the holidays so you can expect to see not only exploratory / foundation PVE-RP and PVP-RP but also Vulpera RP by late January / early February at the latest.
I am also developing the rules for the guild and the three communities and I believe they will be fair and agreeable. I do not tolerate breaking the ToS and standard rules will certainly apply so expect to see clear, concise rules that you’d expect to see in any respectable guild.

Annotations

While Vulpera are a major part of the guild as they are the body of the first community, I want to stress that EVERY race has a solid, valuable place in the guild and recruitment will be open to groups 2 and 3 immediately upon creation. That said, if you will be rerolling / race-changing to a Vulpera, please be sure to join the first community as all Vulpera will be welcome!

I know that we all have our day-to-day schedules and not everyone can play the game at all hours of the week. I personally can only play the game weekends and weeknights after 5-5:30 PM EST and sometimes less given real world commitments. I know how it is for the average working person. That said, I do encourage everyone to participate and be as active as possible.

There’s no point in being a part of a guild, in my opinion, if you chose to not participate or at least communicate. I realize some people supposedly suffer from serious anxiety issues but seeing as how this is a social video game you can play from the comfort, safety and anonymity of your home, I do expect people to at least try to contribute to the activity of the guild. You get out of it what you put in after all!

I am open to ideas, suggestions and constructive criticisms which I would be happy to respond to! This idea is created to have firm roots but flexible growth so it’s not simply “do as I say or vamoose” but rather “take this idea and run with it!”. I am of the firm belief that we’re here to have fun, accomplish things together, and enjoy the game we pay to play, and I’m trying to promote that, not impede it!

However, I do have a personal statement for the guild as it pertains to the rules. While I am not against ERP nor specifically for it I want all reading to know this now. Any discrimination against OR public displaying of Vulpera ERP will quickly be met with very harsh punishment and I will take an active and personal role in ensuring any complaints or reports are dealt with rapidly, decisively and professionally. You have my word of promise on this. Any incidents should be screenshot and uploaded to the Discord servers’ “Incidents” section with a short description of what happened and who was involved.

Hooboy. Woo, man. Wow.

This is a lot.

2 Likes

Uhm.

WHAT?!

3 Likes

What is your question?

The war is canonically over, my guy.

2 Likes

Why the peculiar and alarming emphasis on what consenting adults do with one another?

2 Likes

What is your stance on public Zandalari ERP?

2 Likes

I have a couple.

Am I correct in interpreting this as meaning that both decrying ERP and publicly participating in it is grounds for punishment?

If so, that’s fair, but just so we’re clear.

What is it, specifically, about vulpera ERP that requires these other measures that ERP with other races does not?

What kind of punishment? Is this a three-strikes rule? A zero tolerance policy? Is the punishment the same for both discriminating against and publicly participating in vulpera ERP?

What about members who are uncomfortable going public with their complaints? What if someone manipulates screenshots in an effort to besmirch the reputation of a member? What if the complaint is about a member that has management privileges in the incidents channel?

2 Likes

It’s against ToS to do that in public though and if a person in the guild is breaking the ToS, I’d like to know about it so it can be handled properly. :slight_smile:

Having a Public Shame Corner is creepy and unnecessary.

2 Likes

I find it peculiar because, as far as I could tell, public ERP isn’t really a typical occurrence, not enough to be considered a realistic problem most of the time. So what I wonder is, what falls under the category for purposes of the rule? Like if two people are sitting close/on one another and not publicly emoting, are they in danger of scrutiny?

Also a shame channel does seem like it would create more problems than it would solve, and be fertile ground for actual abuse.

2 Likes

I have my ear to the public trade channel and I see a lot of harassment already of people who want to play Vulpera. I’m trying to say that they should feel comfortable playing one in this guild, so long as what they do doesn’t break the ToS. Obviously all things that break ToS are a concern but I want to make sure Vulpera players aren’t harassed by haters nor are besmirching the guild’s reputation by ERP’ing in public.

The punishment is my discretion but mostly involves removal and ignoring the person as well as making a blacklist of the disparaging person. It is zero tolerance yes. Also yes, zero tolerance for both discriminating against and publicly participating in ERP, let alone Vulpera ERP.

The incidents channel will be absolutely private. Only I will be able to see the post and it will automatically be wiped after I deal with the problem. It’s something I take very seriously.

@Levington

It has to be explicit, as any mindful adult who knows the ToS should know full well by now.

And I feel a black list is simply a fact-of-life tool. Those who want to break the rules and make other people feel uncomfortable should be avoided. Servers are a community and we should treat each other with respect. Those who don’t respect don’t get respect as far as I’m concerned. I would love Wyrmrest Accord to be a cheerful, game-first, drama-free place but that’s just not reality.

Yo

Black listing actually dangerous people–real bullies, actual predators, with provable track records of abuse–yes, absolutely.

But black listing two consenting adults doing as they please, even if it’s kept hidden? Because that feels like where this can easily go, and it’s worrisome. You state that this is all solely at your discretion, too. So potentially, if you make that call and don’t permit others to weigh in and temper what might be an overly harsh reaction, you could end up making life difficult for well-meaning people who failed to meet your standard. You may want to rethink this approach.

3 Likes

This was a really cool idea until it quickly was not. Good luck bro imma watch the lion king

5 Likes

I have no problem with people doing as they please in private. I didn’t say anything about doing private things privately as an actionable offense. If it’s made public, as any respectable guild I’ve been a part of in the past would agree, is breaking ToS and an actionable offense. I’m not sure why this is an issue here.

And I make a call based on what is being reported. I’ve moderated forums before. I’m confident that I can determine well enough what’s a griefing report and what’s legitimate. Besides, if someone is going to report something to me, as I said above, it has to be explained as well as screenshot. :slight_smile:

@Greyah

Not sure why. Folks are acting like breaking the ToS is okay and I shouldn’t do anything about it…

It’s the fact that you put it like you were going to have a channel everyone could go look at dirt in, mate. Your phrasing isn’t… great.

2 Likes

Perhaps? I mean, I think it should be obvious that it’d be private. People seem to need every piece of information detailed to them in spite of common sense.

No, folks are suspicious of the heavy-handed approach and the potential for misuse. It’s not necessary to misquote us.

2 Likes

Your post is 19 paragraphs long but this is the place where brevity was best?

2 Likes

I mean, if someone started ERP’ing on this forum post-by-post, it would be handled quickly, decisively and professionally. That’s what I aim for.