[H RP-PVX] The Voldunai Accord

The ToS is an agreement between a player and Blizzard, not a player and their GM. Blizzard is at least supposed to have the means of dealing out punishments under them.

You can make public ERP a gkick offense in your guild, but doing it because it’s against the ToS is a recipe for edge cases.

2 Likes

Touches everyone’s butts.

4 Likes

Settle down, there, Detective Sipowicz.

You can’t honestly believe that public, unfiltered ERP is as much of a problem as your case makes it out to be.

2 Likes

Well, I thought the guild’s background and the different parts were more important than the unfortunate business part yes, also as I said this is a framework for the guild. I just wanted to assure the people who might be worried about how Vulpera players will be treated by some people on WrA that they would be looked after in this guild.

@Levington
It shouldn’t happen and if it does it breaks ToS and it’s inappropriate to boot. It makes some people uncomfortable. I’m not sure what you’re trying to point out to me.

I’ll put it another way: it doesn’t happen. Not enough to be a notable issue, no matter what stereotype there may be thanks to Goldshire. You’re informing everyone you’re going to be Blizzard’s own little Judge Dredd over public ERP and it… doesn’t happen enough to warrant such a thing.

3 Likes

Well, that’s entirely true, but if / when it does I feel responsible to handle it if it’s an issue for my guild members. :slight_smile:

were you that kid that narc’d on other kids for smoking pot

4 Likes
2 Likes

post on your main pence

3 Likes

This is why Orcs wear spikes on their everything.

But in all seriousness, this reads somewhere between the player-elected Arch-Bishop shizzlestorm, the Arathai Imperator shenanigans and the bad old days of a certain Troll guild before they purged the cancer from their ranks.

OP, people are telling you this is a bad idea. It may be prudent to step back, take a few hours, have some food, do some chores, come back and re-read what you’ve written with a fresh head on your shoulders and some distance. We’re not picking holes at you, we’re pointing out there is some severely creepy stuff in your posts.

5 Likes

creepy? I just don’t see what’s creepy honestly. I think it’s creepy that people have a problem with someone taking a minor stand for potential guild mates. But since people seem to be against it, they’re free to not join.

I thought I’d get some positivity from folks but I guess not. I don’t like ERP but as long as it’s done in private by members, that’s their business. If it’s in public and one member sees another member doing it in public, thus breaking the ToS, they can choose to report it to me in private and I can deal with it before it becomes a further problem to that player and the guild.

I’m honestly flabbergasted that this is all people care about in this thread and I find it creepy that this is all they care about. Not the concept of the guild, not the different in-guild communities, just one issue I intend to handle discretely and quickly if it comes up.

i cannot possibly imagine why

1 Like

Public ERP is a non-issue. It doesn’t happen enough to be a problem. I don’t understand why you seem to be ignoring this.

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone, but I can point out it is less about the ERP and more about you’re specifically targeting Vulpera ERPers/anti-ERPers, and you’re declaring you’re going to make a ‘name and shame’ corner for images of this.

Now, remember, what you put on the internet is there forever.

And places like SpineOfDeathwing and WyrmrestSecrets get a lot of flak for being places where the troglodytes of the game go to spew about the people they hate and will post screenshots, often heavily editted or altered, to give that hatred some sort of foundation in reality.

We’re looking at your word usage, your laser-focused point here and we’re going “… Uuuuuuuhm.” because it seems so … creepily locked onto something that’s generally par for course with most guild.

“You make us look bad in the eyes of the server, you’re out.”

Edit: I realised I skipped half the post, the constructive half. My apologies.

Rather, wouldn’t it be better to say that your Guild has a zero-tolerance policy on both ERP and mocking people for ERP? That you’ve found over the years that it can make people self-conscious and/or anxious, thus you’ve declared the Guild a ‘safe zone’ where folks who push this, either to pound some pixels or for the sake of crude humor or shock amusement will find themselves on a very short leash or out in the cold after three warnings?

I don’t disagree that, especially in a faceless online environment, that it is important to make sure that A) any minors within the Guild are accounted for and shielded from content older players may unwittingly expose them to and B) anyone who is socially anxious or awkward isn’t being pushed into/given the incorrect message that what they are doing or being subjected to is normal or acceptable.

5 Likes

Yeah this definitely seems more about his image and the image of his guild than upholding the TOS.

But we’re not like THOSE Vulpera RPers!

2 Likes

Was trying to answer the questions I got. I was honestly waiting for people to say something positive. And I’m not sure what this “public shaming corner” is. Almost every guild I’ve been in of worth had a black list of people to ignore because they were truly creeps and trolls. We didn’t go around telling people to ignore this person, we just did because they were disruptive. And if you’re referring to the incidents page in Discord, again, it’s private, only I can see it, and after it’s resolved, the post gets deleted. Did you not read those parts above Gentarn?

At no point do you mention it was private, or that it would be deleted after the incident was dealt with.

Hence the creepy vibe you’re giving off.

Hence why you’re doing us a concern here.

1 Like

a heckin concern if you ask me

1 Like

Well yeah. A guild survives on it’s reputation, and if someone breaks the ToS, that’s because they’re doing something they shouldn’t be, and I don’t want that kind of player in my guild. That’s sort of what a decent guild and guild leader does. Otherwise you end up with a guild no one trusts to be in.

Alright, are you going to punish profane language? Because if you’re really so hung on the TOS, I’m sure there’s a LOT of other little things you also have to come down on if you want to be consistent.

2 Likes