(H) Guilds in Rebellion

Are there any guilds in quiet or open rebellion against Sylvanas in their lore ? I’m just wondering where the Horde guilds stand now a days.

1 Like

SSC was pretty much always a renegade guild, running around killing anything regardless of faction… We’re just looking like we support the horde currently :wink:

3 Likes

Redwood Tribe supports the Horde… and with the High Chieftain back on Thunder Bluff will be following Baine for very obvious reasons!

1 Like

But does Redwood Tribe consider following the Horde following its warchief Sylvanas or do they believe following the Horde means supporting what the story is calling the heart of or best part of the Horde the High Chieftain ?

When push comes to shove would the Redwoods turn him over to her or kill him for her ?

If Thunderbluff burns would they blame Thrall and Saurfang for bringing Baine to it. WOuld they blame Baine himself ? Or would they blame Sylvanas ?

1 Like

Those are some tough questions. I am an officer in the Redwood Tribe guild but not the chieftain nor the counselors to the chieftain. With that said I can say for my characters they will not follow the warchief. I follow my chieftain and I will follow my High Chieftain. So with that said, I will stand by High Chieftain Baine Bloodhoof on Thunder Buff and do whatever it take to protect my home, my family and my chieftains.

1 Like

Tomorrow… Big announcement coming from EoTN in direct relation to this question! Get hype!

1 Like

This seems like a spy thread to oust the rebels.

Don’t take the bait.

2 Likes

:eyes: or nah? lol

:eyes: definitely

Elves of the North is now apart of the rebellion!

1 Like

Officially the Desolate Conclave’s stance is ██████.

Seriously though I’ve tried to keep it vague as to not alienate other players. I’ve just been watching the war storyline play out with rising levels of bewilderment and really hope this N’Zoth thing takes precedence soon as cosmic evil is clearly Blizz’s comfort zone.

1 Like

I think it’s okay if your guild doesn’t come out with an official stance.

Guilds tend to have inner circles and lodges where they guard secrets from lower ranks and outsiders. As an undead-only guild, I assume secrecy and skulduggery are part of everyday business, and secret lodges and inner circles exist.

If you are hiding where your true loyalty lies, I think that’s fair from an RP perspective.

1 Like

That’s very much the case. But also from a Forsaken perspective it’s a precarious time. Windrunner will have the loyalty of many Forsaken barring some dramatic reveal. So any open rebellion means undead on undead violence - which isn’t ideal as I imagine between the Undercity’s destruction and the Blood War our numbers have taken a hit.

Not to mention at present there’s no heir apparent for the Forsaken. There was one explicitly stated in BtS but I think the Disc nerfs must have killed Calia Menethil’s desire to keep a subscription going since she hasn’t been online the whole expansion. Well outside a mention in the BfD raid only the Alliance see.

So it’s kinda a tough situation with no easy answers where ‘what’s right’ and ‘what’s smart’ are at odds. I’d compliment Blizzard on that writing if I thought it was intentional. Lilian Voss is the only Undead NPC who’s vocalized a feeling of shock and dismay at Windrunner’s crimes against her own people. Apparently everyone else is just super on board for this ‘be a disposable tool’ thing.

1 Like

I still have my Eye of N’zoth waiting for whatever blizzard has planned

Nothing’s come of that yet? I don’t know the spoiler policy on raids but for those that do know the ending of the Eternal Palace - like wtf more could they be waiting on?

Man this plot is disjointed. Remember when it was about a world war to secure a miracle resource with a lot of technological possibilities? And now we’re on the setting’s capitol for advanced technology and it doesn’t seem to come up?

In the final cinematic they hint toward the eyes “opening”

I’m wondering what that’s in reference to. Squidworst has eyes for days but so too do his buddies. Well, sorta. One had mouth eyes and the other countered by being mostly of an eye.

There’s theory’s the old gods are coming back and that’s gonna be the next expansion.

Probably nothing.

Frostwolf Clan," What few of us are left " stand with Thrall. Wherever that leads, is where you will find the Frostwolf banner planted.

Lok’ Tar Ogar!

3 Likes