[H][CLASSIC][PvP Server] Grey Screen Academy is pre-launch recruiting for 40 man Raiding!

Grey Screen Academy is looking for dedicated HORDE members on US Classic servers. :us:

TLDR;

• Horde!
  • We will be rolling on a PvP Server. :crossed_swords:
  • Raiding focused, but PvP heavy for those interested!
  • We are utilizing loot council. (Guild leadership/Core raiders together.)
  • We are voting on time/day for raiding to work with both EAST and WEST coast players. :spiral_notepad:
  • Community-oriented crafting and professions.
  • Rolling away from streamer servers.

Grey Screen Academy is an all-in-one Vanilla experience guild. We have a strong focus on raiding and Battlegrounds. Our core of raiders/raid leaders has experience ranging from Vanilla WoW Naxxramas to current Mythic content, as well as multiple rank 12-13 PvP’ers from Vanilla, and multi-Glad title holders from multiple expansions and seasons.

When do we raid and PvP? We will be voting on raid times and days as a whole. We will only vote on times that work reasonably well for both WEST coast and EAST coast players. We will NOT raid more than 2 days a week. PvP will be forever and always.

Who are we looking for? We’re after players with a strong understanding of WoW gameplay, the ability to make it to level 60 within a reasonable amount of time, capable of showing up reliably and prepared. Consumables, BIS lists and the ability to play one’s class effectively are all required to make this Classic experience the best it can be.

Grey Screen Academy will be vigilantly avoiding any servers with major streamers or large groups of streamers. While we do not harbor strong feelings toward streamers, we have all agreed to avoid the types of communities that flock toward them.

Grey Screen Academy is a VANILLA guild through and through. We do not have a dedicated BFA guild and have no obligation to BFA. We are focused on enjoying the Classic experience for as long as possible.

If you are interested in experiencing Classic with us, please contact me on Discord for the guild application link or with any questions!

Please contact Malus#6670 on Discord for a guild application, or questions!

1 Like

While we do have a short document style application, we can’t post it here.

Reach out to me on Discord and we will answer any questions you might have.

You guys might as well require a extensive application with a resume required and have an in person interview.

“utilizing loot council for key items”

But doesnt mention anything else.

i see

“And we’re gonna funnel these BIS pieces to ourselves and let the raid fight over the rest of the gear while we lul all the way to the bank”

1 Like

That sort of behavior doesn’t fly these days. Loot council is needed for any raiding guild out there.

Instead of criticizing something you aren’t a part of and haven’t experienced, why not consider joining a guild and becoming an important part of it, so you’re crucial and getting loot council gear?

Edit: We will be going with 100% loot council.

If it doesn’t sound like we’re the place for you, no hard feelings. We hope you’ll find a guild that’s the right fit for you and that you have an enjoyable experience with Vanilla.

Ultimately what we want to do is enjoy the game with like-minded people and the vetting process is just to ensure that you are right for us and that we are right for you.

We don’t want there to be any misunderstandings or regretful members, so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.

1 Like

Roster is steadily growing. We’re still after just about every class. No shamans or hunters yet!

Drop me a message in Discord with any questions!

ROFL.

Ive been in loot council guilds.

Ive done DKP
Zero sum DKP
EPGP
some random point system some guild leaders came up with with set values…

Thing is.

I’ve experienced it.
Ive dealt with it.
I’ve been CLASS LEAD and still dont want it…

“ONOEZ U DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIEK SO JUST TRY IT AND BE MORE IMPORTANT IN YOUR GUILD SO THEY GIVE YEW LEWTZ”

lol. Good luck getting 40 people for your /random and gear the homies system

If you truly had all of this experience, you wouldn’t be freaking out over an entirely standard practice. Sounds like you had some bad experiences in your guild history and you’re now running through other peoples business and trying to sour it. The fact that you are cartoon-level squealing about abused loot council shows just how non-viable it is to try and pull this sort of abuse off in front of 40 other people. You can’t abuse it, or you lose your roster.

Like I said before, instead of tapping on peoples windows telling them all the things wrong with them, join a guild and help build something positive that works. I’d wager you’d make much more positive impact on the game/guild that way instead of all your incessant prattling on the forums.

Anyways; sure would love to see someone who’s planning on playing Shaman in Classic! Very uncommon in the beta.

This is…EPIC

LMAO I misread, thought you were bashing LC guilds and then I read more. Who even does /roll as a loot system? Even pugs on pservers have better loot rules than this.

I can definitely see making changes for the better using other systems of loot distributions other than partial loot council and rolling on super minor upgrades. Making changes/using other methods is part of a growing guild. Not everyone is well versed in being super effective with 40m loot distribution. I’m open to other ideas.

As of right now with the more and more I learn, we’re leaning more toward 100% loot council.

Ive done flat loot council.

Thats literally never been a problem

BUT

“loot council for certain loot, we will roll on the rest”

is freaking trolling your guildies. 100% flat.

The guild I’m joining for classic is doing DKP with Minor loot council like… “these 5 people bid on this best in slot. Its the best upgrade for XXX so we’ll talk for a couple minutes and then give whoever we think it’ll benefit the most and who’s been making effort will get it”

But the rest is flat DKP. Certain LARGELY fought over items will definitely be loot council’d

I am interested, but limited to time i can raid. What i mean to say is i have full availabilty Tuesday through Thursday, but no availability on weekends or Monday. (Im also east coast if that helps to know.)

Also, what classes/roles are you looking for? I’m considering a few different classes but haven’t fully nailed down what i want to do.

I don’t suspect anything will happen on weekends except a possible ZG or 2nd Onyxia run. We also will not likely be raiding Monday.

We’re open minded on classes. Why not contact me on Discord and we can chat about your interests? Malus#6670

Sure thing i sent you an add on discord

1 Like

I can definitely see your point on rolling on minor pieces. We disagree on the DKP thing though. We definitely won’t utilize DKP. We’re leaning heavily on 100% loot council after some discussion using private servers as a standard.