[H/A] Dragonhawk Races 🐉

How It All Works

The idea is fairly simply, players will come together to either participate in, or spectate races in which characters ride on the backs of Dragonhawks across a variety of tracks/maps. These can be cross faction, and are meant to be a cultural event for those of us who love all things Thalassian, and want a break from the war. Non-Elves may have interest, and are permitted, but must be riding Dragonhawks ICly.

I encourage everyone to grind for an actual Dragonhawk mount (Argent Tournament is the easiest), but we can use Hawkstriders as a stand in.

Set Up

Each character (or racer) is given a real simple stat sheet (below). Racers have twenty (20) points to put into whichever stats they choose, and these become unique, and bound to your Dragonhawk. The final stat sheet must be posted here on the forums, and numbers will be checked to ensure fairness!
  • You can definitely have more than one Dragonhawk, but only one can be entered into each race per player. The stats you pick are perma-bound to that Dragonhawk.
  • It would be awesome to have some folks serve out roles such as inspectors and breeders and tamers and the sort.

The total in each stat affects how much time you save during each leg of the race, so the higher your stats, the more time you’ll reduce during each specific section.

Character Stat Sheets:

Stats Total Rolls
Speed: # Determines your speed on straight sections of track.
Handling: # Determines how well you handle turns and maneuvering.
Reflexes: # Determines the speed of your reaction to sudden obstacles.
Total Points: 20 You can distribute these 20 points where ever you want.

The stat is subtracted from 20, and that is what each player will roll out of, specific to whatever stat is being checked.

Example:

== A low hanging branch becomes visible on the stretch of track up ahead, cutting across most of the available space. == (( Roll for Reflexes. ))
  • Steve McElf has 9 points in Reflex: 20-9=11; so, Steve McElf rolls /11.
    – Let’s say Steve McElf rolled a 4; he’ll have 4 seconds added to his total time for the race.
    – Steve McElf, and all the other racers, can then post for everyone else to see how their character reacts to the obstacle/prompt.
  • Whoever now has the lowest total score for the whole race pulls into first place.

Each race may consist of anywhere from 5, to 15 sections, each of which could check any one of the different stats. The player with the lowest total time at the end, wins.

The Race Types

There are four kinds of races which you can participate in:
  • Practice:
    – Consists of five sections, of a shuffled variety. Often used for fun, and carry no large prizes.
    – Entry Cost: None.
    – Total Racers: Five, maximum.
  • Blitz:
    – Consists of six to eight sections, of a shuffled variety. These may have small prizes. Championship teams can recruit racers from this tier.
    – Entry Cost: None.
    – Total Racers: 10, maximum.
  • Championship Race:
    – Consists of ten sections of both shuffled, and pre-designed track layouts. These are designed and geared towards teams, and individual racers/competitors who want to put their gold, and reputation, on the line. Championship teams can use this tier of races to prepare and train their team members for the Grand Championship races.
    – Entry Cost: 150 Gold.
    – Total Racers: 15, maximum.
    – Prizes:
    — First Place: 2/3 total winnings.
    — Second/Third Place: 1/6 total winnings.
  • Grand Championship Race:
    – Consists of fifteen sections of pre-designed track layouts. These are restricted, exclusively, to Championship Teams, consisting of no more than three racers. Only teams that have previous Championship wins can apply for Grand Championship Races.
    – Entry Cost: 1,500 Gold per team.
    – Total Racers: 10 teams, maximum.
    – Prizes:
    — First Place Team: 5/8 of total winnings.
    — Second Place Team: 2/8 of total winnings.
    — Third Place Team: 1/8 of total winnings.

Additionally, players (and teams) can make bets on the side in whatever way they wish to.

Championship Teams

To help drive more engagement for this, as more and more racers join in on the fun, it's only natural to embrace a more highly competitive model; enter the teams. Players can form teams of up to three (3) racers, and together will enter the Grand Championship Races. Naturally, these are high stakes, and very public.

Teams will need to formally register, and will be listed here on this forum post, for publicity and records sake!

Championship Teams will:

• Have their own name, perhaps even a hang out spot, and all the renown and prestige that comes with their wins, or… the shame that comes with their losses.
  • Be eligible to enter into the Grand Championship Races, potentially taking home up to 3,125 gold per team member, per Grand Championship Race (plus whatever bet winnings come on top of that.)
  • Have plenty of roleplay opportunities with their rivals, both on and off the tracks.

Spectators & Everyone Else

Who doesn't love bringing their scoundrel, their noble, their adoring fan character to the down and dirty races where anything is possible? This offers fantastic opportunities for players and characters of all sorts to engage with each other. Sponsor a team, cheer on a rookie, bet on the races and make a killing, or lose everything.

The hope is that everyone can find some part of this to enjoy!

Championship Teams

Ranked in order of placement. **_Sample/example team provided._**
Team Name: Tier 1 Racer (Leader): Tier 2 Racer: Tier 3 Racer: Win/Loss
Eversong Zephyrs Delash Reysong Haltayn Gravendawn Duke Morrowbreeze 5/2

Independent Racers

Not ranked in any particular order.
Character Name: Win/Loss: Team Eligibility: First Dragonhawk: Second Dragonhawk
Angrin Solarvein N/A :x: Furian N/A
Archaeas Farrowbrook N/A :x: Sunpherean Sharadaen
Drai’lias Cirilian N/A :x: N/A N/A
Ethan’tolas Everdawn N/A :x: N/A N/A
Fel’tharanas Couruban N/A :x: Ahndera N/A
Vynicis Glennstrider N/A :x: N/A N/A
Zul’vekh N/A :x: Jan’azza N/A

Race Tracks

Some tracks may be shuffled, and others may stay the same.
Track: Zone: Sections: Best Time:
Tranquil Shore Speedway Eversong Woods 5 N/A
Fairbreeze Strip Eversong Woods 5 N/A
Deatholme Ghostlands 5-7 N/A
The Amani Stretch Eversong Woods 5-7 N/A
Silvermoon City Streets Eversong Woods 5-10 N/A
Windrunner Coast Ghostlands 5-10 N/A
Scorched Grove Grind Eversong Woods 6-7 N/A
Sunsail Blitz Eversong Woods 6-10 N/A
Sunstrider Isle Eversong Woods 10 N/A
Deadscar Blind Eversong Woods/Ghostlands 7-15 N/A
Ruins of Zul’Aman Ghostlands 15 N/A
Thalassian Grand Stretch Eversong Woods/Ghostlands 15 N/A

Upcoming Races

Upcoming race dates and other events!
Event: Type: Track: Date: Time:
Race #2 Race The Amani Stretch February 23rd 5pm Server
Race #3 Race Scorched Grove Grind March 1st 6pm Server

Player stat sheet below; copy and paste!

**Stat Sheet for _dragonhawk name_:**
| Stats |  Total  | Roll |
| :------------------ |:-----------------: | ------------- |
| Speed:  |  0 | /roll 20. |
| Handling:  |  0  | /roll 20. |
| Reflexes: | 0  | /roll 20. |
| Total Points: | 20 | /roll 20. |
6 Likes

Holy crap. The thought & effort that you’ve put into this concept is amazing! I only wish I still roleplayed my Farstrider, since she was a Dragonhawk Tamer and would get an absolute hoot out of racing with them.

You have 100% of my support though! Thank you for bringing this to our server, I hope it may become a staple for the sin’dorei community :grin:

4 Likes

Sounds like a comeback tour is in order!

I, Zul’vekh of de Amani Tribe, member of de Horde and servant of Jan’alai, de Dragonhawk Loa, accept dis challenge from de amateur Elves of Quel’thalas. Let a true Dragonhawk rider show ya how it is done!

3 Likes

I have very little time as is, but am definitely interested in repping part of the Alliance side of this; will be sending this around!

1 Like

You’re on!

Will upcoming races be posted here? And should we get in touch in game?

Folks can just post replies here, for now. Just be sure to include your character’s full name (first and last, if applicable), the name of their dragonhawk, if they have one, and I’ll update the list.

Once things get rolling, things will sort themselves out!

And yes - I’ll update the original post, and make comments when things are planned out!

Me Dragonhawk’s name be Jan’azza. Him me oldest friend.

Fantastic!

Also - I added an update at the bottom; we’ll do something this Friday, for those who can make it.

Very much looking forward to this!

1 Like

I love the planning of this. I am so happy to see dedicated RPer putting this much effort into providing community events like this.

Bravo!

1 Like

Going to hopefully throw together another meet up for 8th or 9th of February, for those with interest!! More specific details to come soon.

1 Like

Sounds fun and interesting! Are you doing an in game calendar?

Solid concept; how often will these run?

I can definitely start throwing them up on the Calendar!

And as for frequency, it really depends on what people want/are able to swing.

Also also - posted the second meet up! It’s going to be NEXT Friday, the 8th, at 5pm server time! We’ll meet out at the Sunsail Anchorage, in the Eversong Woods! It should be pretty casual and lax, just to help more folks get feel for things and get folks into it. It is open to cross faction (bring a potion), and feel free to leave any questions you have on here.

Sunsail Anchorage is along the western edge of the Eversong Woods.

Having looked over all of this I think this looks amazing. Expect a Firebrand Industries presence to be coming to this one. I’ll be passing it along as well to all my other guildmates.

1 Like

Awesome!! Looking forward to it; got a few others who are going to pop in as well.

If any your members want to toss up their name, and if they have a dragonhawk of their own, I can add them onto the original post!

Pretty safe bet some of your fellow Sunreavers will be showing up to see what this is all about!

Awesome!! Looking forward to it! Sticking my own stats down below.

Stat Sheet for Sunpherean:

Stats Total Description
Speed: 5 /roll 15.
Handling: 8 /roll 12.
Reflexes: 7 /roll 13.

Stat Sheet for Sharadaen:

Stats Total Description
Speed: 11 /roll 9.
Handling: 4 /roll 16.
Reflexes: 5 /roll 15.