Guys PLEASE switch to stalagg

im a sicko and read these forums all day, otherwise i wouldnt have had any idea, or my guild. I happened to see it 35 mins before it opened, and not even from blizzard, a random thread mentioned it, i thought they were trolling

that’d be good news…

do you have a link to an official source?

hold on… wouldn’t lowering the threshold mean it should show HIGHER than Low (which it still does 12 hours after being made available)??

You post reads like you’re staying on Herod… “Blizz gave YOU a new server…”
Certainly you deleted your toons on Herod and rolled Stalagg? Right?

As long as you CAN roll on Herod… people will. Blizzard needs to lock it… period. THEN let people roll off it to another server with concerns of queues.

Otherwise people will stick to Herod because they WANT that packed experience. You cna bet the server is full of pserver peeps… who have experienced a 12k concurrent pop server launch and want some of that amazing excitement.

No one wants to roll on an additional server in HOPES it will fill up decently. Especially PvP players.

1 Like

Did you switch to Stalagg?

Remember, when you are in traffic, YOU are part of the traffic.

1 Like

2 of my 3 are on Stalagg now.

I dont think they can lock the servers even if they wanted to. Just do what they are doing warn people of extreme long queues. People do want full populations, but we are talking 10 servers worth of population in 1.

I dont think there is any question that it will fill up. All the current NA EST PvP realms are already high or full. Pretty confident Stalagg will get there. I take it as a very bad sign they are still short servers too. Why? What percentage of the player base reserved names. Servers are slammed already. 11 days to go before the masses get to them. Its going to be a disaster if they dont open even more servers

For a game as big as WoW? They’re absolutely still using physical server hardware.

And yes, companies do still make blades.

I would caution that Blizzard not get in the habit of adding servers as the population could fluctuate drastically over the next few months.

Adding a bunch of servers only to have players gravitate towards a select few will kill other servers unnecessarily.

Pretty sure that I read they are now virtual machines. I didn’t read it yesterday or anything so I could be remembering it wrong.

Modern virtualization software is pretty darn good.

They most certainly can… they were locked when we all first logged in to create characters. See thi article and the screenshot:

blizzardwatch**(DOT)**com/2019/08/13/experience-reserving-character-name-wow-classic/

Call yourself Doctorb. The “b” is for bargain!

This is like “free stuff”. Nothing is actually free. Virtual Machines or the “Cloud” require hardware somewhere.

Been predicting the same thing. For every reserver im betting there 2 or 3 waiting so as to not waste half a sub(me)

People will move once the 6+ hour queue timer kicks in

I have an excellent name on Herod, don’t think I’m switching

I have my name saved on stalagg just in case!

You think those world first raid guilds coming from private servers will switch? I do…in a heartbeat.

Promise I’ll make my alli alt there.

i didnt mean they couldnt lock them, im saying. they wont lock them to prevent new people making characters on full servers. You will have tons of people on Herod/Whitemane complaining friends, family and guildmates not being able to join them. More headaches then what they got now

As it stands… you will have tons of people complaining that even though they rolled on the server, they cannot get logged in to play with friends, family and guildmates.

The idea that you should leave servers open to roll is compounding the problem… the more you have rolled on a server… the more others feel they have to roll on it based on your list of reasons.

You have to cap it, lock it, and then people will change servers if being all together is important to them.