Guild UI and Permissions, Redux Part II

11/12/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Cheheals
We've been told that this issue is not being ignored. The sky is not falling; the forums are being reset across the board...not just for us.

Keep the faith and again, let's try and tidy up our needs from wants so when the time does come, Devs can sort things out in a way that satisfies the majority of guild leaders. Getting the muted chat guild rank back in about a month happened because the majority of us were on the same page. When the new page comes up, hopefully we will be focused on what people need in a brief and efficient manner.

That makes sense! :)
1 Like

Juggle all 3 threads until one gets a hit? xD

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that.

Oh…

You just did…

My points for the problems with these new guild permissions:

• Ranks are meaningless now without individual permissions, and my guild members are STILL unhappy about this.
  • Having to give higher levels of permissions to people that I wouldn’t normally give, because we have LESS OPTIONS.
  • Linking guild permissions to community permissions, when communities can be made up of people outside of guilds wasn’t smart, imo. It was just lazy.
2 Likes

At this point, why not?

The options given us seem pretty limited

This issue needs to be address it’s been months!

2 Likes

THIS.
And, because I have to use more characters to post:
THIS.

2 Likes

Yeah. It doesn’t seem to matter which thread we post in or how often we ask for change, we’re still ignored.

Blizz, aside from all the great guild ideas posted in this thread and the mega-thread about guild permissions, couldn’t you at least do something about the permissions? If this is how you want things to work, could you explain why you think so? Could you give us your thoughts on how having all the permissions lumped under one rank helps Guild Leaders manage their guilds?

It would be really helpful to learn some pointers on how to manage this new system if this is “working as intended.”

1 Like

The sentiment is going around. I posted this on the mega thread a few minutes ago, but after reading Fumel’s last post, it seemed relevant here as well.

I found the following on another thread. That thread was regarding a Gm how is apparently MIA (or maybe AWOL)

In any case, this is one of the replies:

[Zaranthosdk]
Tea Party Patriots)

169 posts

120 Draenei Death Knight[20585]

14d

Blizzard ignores guilds. Guild leaders start ignoring their members. Seems fair.

/sarcasm

Not like Blizzard has paid much attention to guild leader complaints in the Guild UI and Permissions thread.

It’s been a long time since Blizzard has shown any love for guilds. No surprise that guilds are dying off.

When I posted this a few minutes ago, I said something like "nothing Earth Shattering here, but I though it was interesting to see our plight worded like that on another thread.

It occurs to me however:

If the poster I quoted is correct and guilds really are “dying off” that could be very Earth shattering.

For Blizzard.

Once upon a time Blizzard understood that guilds are the backbone of Warcraft. If guilds are indeed killed off by Blizz whether intentionally, or through their own foolishness, they truly are (as has been stated in previous posts) their own “Wow killer”

This 100%.

1 Like

3 years later… Did this ever get fixed or what?

3 Likes

No. Millions of players are still waiting.

2 Likes

LOL…holy necro Batman. How did this page get resurrected? We have another page, which actually features more current posts than stuff from 3 years ago! :slight_smile:

2 Likes