Guild Roster Sorting Change in 9.1

Before 9.1, if I clicked on “Zone” in the guild roster, it would sort offline members by how long they had been offline. Online members were sorted by the name of the zone they were in, grouped either at the top or at the bottom of the list depending on if you were sorting ascending or descending.

This was useful to quickly see who was online, who had been on recently, and who was inactive.

After 9.1, it no longer sorts members in this order. I have not yet been able to discern the pattern to the order that it chooses. Sorting them in a random order is not particularly useful.

34 Likes

I didn’t run into this problem until today, this afternoon actually (7/3). Even when the patch hit on Tuesday it was still sorting correctly. Now, it isn’t. As the OP states, it’s all jumbled. I’ll sort it by zone/time and someone will be at the top of the list not having been online for a month, the next person is 2 hours, the third person is 2 weeks, etc.

There’s no actual sorting to it; it’s just now a jumble with people offline for weeks interspersed with those actually currently online. A veritable jigsaw puzzle.

10 Likes

I ran into this problem today. I regularly used this option to sort my guild members into roles if they’d been offline for a certain period of time, and now I have to go through 535+ members to check this.

I can confirm though, the offline players are being sorted by which zone they’re in (even though you can’t see which zone they’re in until you hover over their name). Sorting by a category we can’t even see and listing a character’s time last online under their “Zone” isn’t a good design choice.

You either need to add a new category for their last online or include the zone the character logged off in under this category, and not their time last online.

This bug is affecting guild organisation.

11 Likes

I have the same problem. I am unable to sort the guild roster by the number of days since a member last played. This is essential to weeding out inactive players as our guild has a rule that inactives are kicked once they are missing for 7 months or longer. With almost 1,000 guild members, without the sort feature, I have to go through them one by one to see if any of them have been missing for 7 months or longer. This needs to be fixed ASAP. It was working when 9.1 went live, but apparently, a “fix” since that time has messed it up.

11 Likes

Continuing even after the recent maintenance and “fixes” on Tuesday.

Players are now all sorted by zone only. Last Time online means nothing now as even sorted the ‘new’ way there’s just a jumble. First person listed, as sorted by this zone-only, is listed as being offlline for over two weeks, the next is actually someone online, and the third is someone offline now for 3 days. There’s no pattern at all but arranged alphabetically by zone; after that it’s hodgepodge.

Again, this change did not occur right when 9.1 launched on June 29th, this change began sometime later that week towards the July 3rd mark, beginning with Lildra’s initial post. This has always led me to believe this was an unintended change in need of fixing.

Never before was it listed by zone, it had always been by timestamp of last online. Please address this soon.

9 Likes

I was just told by a Tech Support Blizz agent that this is low priority because not enough people have viewed and/or commented on it to make it a bigger problem. He advised we have all our guild members and friends comment and view this bug report.

8 Likes

I will say it is frustrating trying to find out how long it’s been since various toons have logged off. The current sorting feature is, at best, disorganized.

3 Likes

This really does need a fix, Blizz. Our GM is on the edge of a nervous breakdown spending hours of what SHOULD be game time sorting through over 1000 names trying to find those that are no longer playing.

5 Likes

This should be an easy fix. I understand it might not be the highest priority based on critical need, but considering how relatively simple it should be, just toss it into a development sprint and get it corrected.

3 Likes

As the others have said, this is making it rather difficult to track who’s played recently and who hasn’t. When you have a large guild it takes forever to see who has played recently compared to the previous sort method. Please give us a way to sort by last played!!

2 Likes

C’mon Blizz - this is a royal pain and just silly not to resolve it quickly. Please fix the guild roster sort!

2 Likes

Fix this please!

2 Likes

This would be an ideal fix, to add a sorting category for last time online. Because then it would allow true zone sorting and true “last time online” sorting.

This bug is happening in all 3 guilds I am in. 2 small guilds that I GM, and one larger one that I am a member of. It makes it extremely difficult to figure out who is online and where, and who has been offline for a long time for roster management.

5 Likes

bumping thread for visibility if that’s indeed what it takes for Blizz to respond and take action. There’s currently no way to sort guild members by last logged in time making guild management difficult.

4 Likes

Just for those that don’t know, and for people pulling their hair out trying to see who was on last in your guild. TIP: type in /groster . After all the issues we had with guilds during realm mergers, we found that there are actually 2 guild UI’s in game. If you enter the roster with /groster it gives you a different user interface and shows the last played option. HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

28 Likes

This helps tremendously, thank you! I completely forgot that menu was still in the game!

(issue still needs fixed though, we shouldn’t need to go through hidden UI commands to accomplish something this simple.)

4 Likes

Not the hero Blizz deserves, but the Hero we all need! THANK YOU!

3 Likes

Thank you for this helpful tip! It seems to bring up the old version of the interface, which has the information I need. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, honestly a guild-saver!! ^^

3 Likes

also big bump and agree that sorting by Zone isn’t a very useful filter feature, especially compared to Last Online :L

3 Likes