Guild members missing from roster and names not showing next to chat text

This may be confusing to explain, but I’ll try and be clear.

A couple of days ago I noticed in guild chat that the person I was talking to made a couple of comments that didn’t appear to relate to what I had said. I didn’t think much about it, until the following day when I checked the chat log for our guild and saw comments that were missing the day before. Also, there was no name attached to the comments, the brackets were empty. I had to ask someone else in guild who had made those comments, then I checked the roster for that person’s toon names and for me they didn’t appear.

Today, I got an achievement and it was auto-announced in guild chat. Then someone queried if I was online, I replied yes. Apparently, they cannot see me on the roster nor does my toon name appear next to my comments in guild chat (again the brackets where the toon names should appear were empty). It was only because I’d got the achievement that he realised I was in game.

It seems to be very random as to who can see whom in guild. I’m assuming it’s a bug because we’re certainly not putting each other on ignore.

I hope this makes sense. Apologies in advance if it doesn’t.

5 Likes

Seeing the exact same thing. Guild members are appearing offline, not in the roster and their messages don’t show up in guild chat - UNLESS - using the guild window, but then their names are blank.

2 Likes

Saw the same thing in my guild on Anvilmar (Insanitarium)

Cross posting: Guild Mate Names Not Showing - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Happening here on Turalyon too, hopefully tomorrow’s maintenance fixes it

As of Nov 30 2020 this is still happening.

Same problem with our guild as well, however its seems to be fixed now as of Dec 2

It seemed to have righted itself the day after I posted. Today it’s happening again.

Still happening. Six people shown in guild roster, only 3 people shown when searching for guild name in the Who List or when typing /who (guild name)
A guildie got an achievement but their name didn’t show as online or offline in the guild roster.
Sometimes we can see the guild chat text with timestamp, but no name when pressing J to view the guild chat window.
It seems random as to who can see this bug and who can see names and text correctly.
Sometimes reloading or logging out helps, other times it makes no difference.
Newly invited members often don’t show in the roster making it difficult to set rank and guild note.

I have this problem as well. Some people in guild weren’t showing online. The /who command isn’t showing people online who are online in friends list (or in the guild list)

Getting this exact same problem. Linked something to my mom in guild chat today, and she couldn’t see my toon name. It showed up as brackets. What the heck is going on?

I’m having this same issue for one member of my guild. Can’t see any of his characters in the guild roster or in gchat except for in the guild panel. His name shows in brackets []. Talked to other guildies, as of now, this is only occurring for me. Tried restarting, loading up with no addons, same issue.

1 Like

Confirmed, I have been having this issue still for the past week.

Still happening

I am having this issue periodically as well. Wanted to add that I closed the game and reopened, and was still missing the same person. I then exited all the way out of both the game and the blizzard app. When I logged back in, I could see the person missing in the roster and thought it might be fixed. The next day same issue surfaced for me with someone completely different missing from the roster. Again, exited all the way out of the game and blizzard app and got back in and I could see them.

Maybe helpful tidbit for other afflicted Guild Masters/Officers: using the /guildroster command I could see the missing person online in the roster and promote/demote that member. Did not fix the chat issue but at least I can continue to manage my guild.

1 Like

This is still happening. The past 2 days different members became “missing”.

Happening for me too. I have several characters in the same guild and it is the same for all of them. I do not know who is on and as an officer it appears I am being rude when people log in and I am not speaking to them.