Guild Mate Names Not Showing

I am unable to see a guildmate when he is typing in guild chat.

• His texts appear in the the guild box (but his name is just [ ]).

• His chat does not appear in the chat box.

• I am unable to /who him

• I am able to /w him and that works fine

I would put a picture of what I am talking about but I am unable to.

4 Likes

Having the same exact thing for multiple members

Still a bug for myself.

We are having the same issues for multiple guild members.

we’re having the same issue

Same here. Any fix?

Cross Posting Guild members missing from roster and names not showing next to chat text - Support / Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Thankyou Thenoid for the other topic… I will post in there as well thanks.

Yes, sorry that is my post. I did search before making a new topic but found nothing.

We’re encountering the same issue in our guild. One member’s guild chat messages are not showing up for others in the chat box. The messages do show up in the chat history of the Guild & Communities pane, but their name is missing. It just shows an empty set of square brackets. Screenshot.

The affected guild member has not transferred any characters recently. The guild members who aren’t seeing his name include people with no addons installed, and others with completely different sets of addons.

Several of my guildmates are experiencing the same bug. I can whisper my hidden guildmates but I can’t see them in the roster and can only see their posts in the Guild window. A fix to this bug would be wonderful.

[ ] “Text”

This issue is happening to our guild as well. Exactly as described.

This is an issue for our guild as well, my husband is experiencing the issue. No one in our guild can see any of his messages other than if you open the guild chat window itself and none of his character names show beside what he is typing. At first we thought it was just one character, but this is happening with his whole roster of characters, and his main is our guild master for crying out loud. I hope this is fixed soon, this has been an issue for well over a week for us.