Guild leads, how do you handle the LOOT DRAMA?

True, except for LC which is in fact objectively inferior.

Except “My guild doesn’t have loot drama. I raid with adults.” is a useless and unhelpful statement especially since there is plenty of loot drama between adults. There’s a lot to why loot drama happens, it actually can be quite complex.

I won’t keep replying to you to not “derail the thread” more but I’m also not going to feel bad for replying since I know my response to the OP could actually help and I also fit who he’s asking for a response from in the title.

1 Like

No there isn’t. An adult would not partake in drama over pixels. What is your definition of an adult?

Funnily enough, this conversation is the only time you haven’t derailed the thread with me. I understand it’s probably easier for you to just leave though then actually have to defend your position.

As will mine. The most effective way to minimize loot drama: raid with adults. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Adults literally do just that every single day. Are you new here or…?

2 Likes

Actual adults certainly do not.

So how exactly are you testing for “actual adults” in your recruitment process? And in my experience, the more successful the guild, the greater the loot drama. But even then… I’ve been playing Classic for 3 years and literally never seen a LC guild that didn’t end up with drama. I’ve even been the catalyst for it a couple times in particularly egregious situations,.

What? You don’t know what an adult is?

Oh, I see now. You’re the one starting loot drama, which is why you’re resistant to the idea that adults do not cause loot drama.

It doesnt appear you do?

Rarely but mostly as an officer on behalf of others who cant/wont stand up for themselves. Like when our MT was trying to bully the council into giving him minor upgrades over our feral druid who quietly sat by and never got anything. While the MT getting the ring, cloak etc would have marginally improved his threat, it already wasn’t an issue and it’s not fair that the feral shows up every week and never gets loot just because they didn’t roll a “pumper” class. No one argues with Barry White when he speaks up though so our feral got their ring :stuck_out_tongue:

But that’s also just one of the many reasons why LC is a bad system

I’m not the one that has doesn’t know how to “test for actual adults in recruitment process”. What do you think an adult is, Bearhands? An actual adult that does not cry over loot?

Enough said. The best advice I can give you is to stop putting so much stock into pixels and loot. This will come with maturity as you realize that a video game is not real life.

Do you even play the game? It’s literally all pixels. And I’ve experienced plenty of real life. Which is why I’ve come to appreciate the pixels that much more. The stakes are low and when yall pass the threshhold of annoying that I’m willing to tolerate I can just make you disappear with the click of a button. Unfortunately its not so easy in real life

It’s an on-use cast speed boosting trinket. Sooooo…maybe? It’s definitely a throughput trinket, but I have no idea how good it would be over Mp5 based items for healers.

Paladins will use it for rest of WoTLK, but I don’t think any other healer will. There’s an argument to be had after paladins, but I’d still prioritize having multiple healers with it before DPS.

Classic definitely has loot drama still, and there’s no one perfect loot system. It’s kind of amusing compared to retail because I feel like, in a lot of ways, its loot drama is a lot different than ours and it’s amusing to still see the same kind of drama unfold in Classic as it used to back in the day. Guess that’s what happens when there is legitimate loot scarcity, which is something Retail doesn’t really suffer from anymore.

Pretty sure it’s bis for everyone but Disc/Resto for all of wotlk

Literally only better for resto sham. Illustration is BIS for Disc until ICC and eye is right behind on for throughput. Greatness stays BIs for holy paladins with Meteorite or the blue trinket from Malganis. Not sure what resto D’s use but I know its not scale

Screw 25s just do 10 HMs with a chill and competent group at pace you enjoy.

1 Like

Resto druids or resto shamans? Because I remember Resto druids not being fond of it over Trauma in ICC, and I was a Resto shaman in original WoTLK so the debate at the time was Trauma versus Valy. It was debated that Trauma was better from a raid healing perspective, but Valy was better for tank healing, and since most resto shamans were raid healing a lot of them preferred to go for Trauma. Maybe Valy does eek out better though in both scenarios, but it’s very close. Trauma was definitely really strong.

I don’t really know much about Holy priest though other than it’s really overshadowed by Disc. But if you’re going to slot one in your roster then yeah I could see prioing that over a DPS who will eventually replace it.

Trauma is better for Shams as I remember. I think druids get crazy uptime on the Val proc so it comes out a little better for them

Holy priests just really get a bad rap lol. I been mostly raiding holy in Ulduar because everyone already has a disc priest and most of them don’t know how to play/dont have the gear for Holy. They’re a consistent 2nd/3rd for overall healing in almost every instance, and even better on a couple fights like XT HM… but Disc is just always significantly more HPS without trying while bringing Rapture, PI, Pain Sup and whatever the 3% damage reduction is, while holy literally only brings GA. If you’ve already got your buffs covered there’s no reason not to bring one though over pretty much any other healer except your 1st Disc

This is what my guild does, and it works fine. No drama at all.

/gkick is the best loot system

I refuse to believe this is real, that is too hilarious to be true

Thanks… post must be 10 characters…sigh.

Reward the better players, players who you know you can count on and won’t randomly quit/no show for one. Healers shouldn’t be taking DPS items until you are full clearing and dps is geared imo. So many guilds now a days who try to be “hardcore” and are clueless when it comes to loot. My last guild was arguing over the 10m HM wand off Freya saying “it has hit, no way is that Disc Priest bis” and wouldn’t let me roll on it. Also had them let an HPal win Sif’s Remembrance over me (disc) and it’s not even on HPal bis list at all. Most LC guilds have little cliques and end up taking most of the gear and gearing up their buddies first. Had this happen as well, our MT raid leader got 5k tank GS then decided he wants to just dps now. The better guilds know how to LC and that’s why it works, GDKP is the best loot system by far even though I’m not the biggest fan. Everyone gets rewarded for doing good regardless if you get gear or not, and everyone is penalized for messing up.

1 Like