Guild leads, how do you handle the LOOT DRAMA?

Spoken like a person who has never had any responsibility in their life.
The system is created to be as fair as possible while still giving us the ability to reward outstanding players lol. LC is “Best” but requires a ton of work to be done properly and fairly for every item. LC also leads to way more drama than any other system unless you are a super hardcore guild. SR or MS > OS is for casual guilds. DKP and EPGP are similar and require extra work and are not widely liked either. So we created a system that mind you is actually used by many guilds to allow players to prioritize items they want and allows us to still LC big ticket items where they should go. I know I am being trolled so I am done talking to you since you do not have the courage to show us your WOTLK raiding character.

No it isn’t or you’d be using EPGP for that.

LC isn’t fair and never will be.

Stop trying to pretend it is and stop trying to convince me, you can’t.

1 Like

It really doesn’t matter what you think since you cannot enter any raids at level 61 anyways. I do not think they use loot systems for dungeons.

3 Likes

I’d never join a corrupt LC guild anyway so…

I’ve had both good and bad loot council guilds. The good would award based on who the item was the biggest upgrade for. The bad would reward the best performers.

The good would build up a team while the bad would cause high turnover.

I’m the GM of my guild and there’s a few criteria myself and the LC use to determine where items are going. Also things like scale, flair, and Val are always either a DPS or a healer item even though it maybe BIS for everyone. We make this clear beforehand, and I have no issue telling raiders you won’t receive said item until all others of the selected role have.

1- who’s this the biggest upgrade for, will they be able to itemize their gear differently (drop hit for example). I encourage all my raiders to sim their gear and write a note in RCLC how this will change their set up

2- what’s the raiders tenure? Have they been here since the first naxx with perfect attendance, or are they a newer recruit who hasn’t proved themselves yet

3- who’s due for a big upgrade? I like to glance at the different iLVLs of my raiders and see who’s been passed over and is in need of some juice

4- We like to seed different raiders for items beforehand, so we already know where a big item is going to land

5- if anyone has any issues their encouraged to bring it up asap and voice any concerns and to hear why an item was given to someone over someone else

At the end of the day if it’s a big enough issue to someone they’ll leave it’s usually for the best. I don’t want raiders who are going to gquit over gear, I don’t negotiate with loot terrorists.

3 Likes

Agreed, dealing with the types of people who complain a lot about loot is not worth it. Our process for determining who gets what is a lot like yours.

If a valid concern is brought up then sure it’s fair to have a conversation through DMs or whatever, but constant loot drama is just a drag on everything and brings the vibe of the raid group down. It’s best to just let the people who caused the drama leave instead of thinking you have to keep them to fill that roster spot.

2 Likes

My guild ended up voting for LC.

EPGP is a mediocre system where people pass on upgrades because they don’t want to spend their points in case something better drops later.

Plus I remember well the case of people absent from many raids getting on top of the list and snatching good trinkets when they dare to show up.

We had SRx2 runs in Naxx where of course people who would never come back won KT weapons over our regulars.

Loot Council is the best system if unbiased and done right, where you reward people for their performance, attendance and then go with usual prio.

Honestly, you fix drama by saying won’t be tolerated and kick people doing loot drama… it’s freaking game, they will eventually get the loot, we’re in there for a long time.

Wrong.

EPGP has decay. It is foolish to horde points. You lose a lot and so maybe you get 1 good item but then are screwed on all other items. You can’t have every item first. So you either take a bunch of lower quality gear or you save for 1 big item. The choice is yours. You can’t have all the good items first. You aren’t supposed to.

Your complaints about EPGP are basically that you can’t take all the good gear first because you are penalized for taking gear. NO DUH, that is the point. It distributes gear fairly. You are complaining about an intended feature of the system.

If you invite pugs then your raid should never use LC in the first place. LC is for stable raids with a full roster. If your guild can’t even maintain your players you shouldn’t be using LC.

LC is for people who think they are smarter than everyone else but who in reality have no clue what they are doing and just want to steal loot.

You need to put your foot down as a GM and tell them like it is. If they don’t like it, they can leave. End of discussion.

If youre going to continue using LC, I suggest thatsmybis as an additional source to help out if you dont use it already or use a 2SR system with rolls as needed.

my personal unwanted opinion: LC is a bad loot system.

I don’t understand why healers want mp5 spirit gives in combat regen where mp5 if i am not mistaken makes you stop casting for 5 seconds.

Unless this has been changed I believe MP5 is in combat regen and spirit has 2 different values the casting regen and non casting regen.

:smiley: bad decisions and thats the outcome.

seems to me the OP was asking for suggestions on how to handle a situation and insted you idiots insult him, argue about whether or not you insulted him, and then argue about whether or not someone is using one particular system or not.

jesus people, ANSWER his question and move or DONT BOTHER COMMENTING. Silly as can be.

1. Play in LC guild that rewards good players
  2. Push buttons in correct order
  3. ???
  4. Profit

My guild doesn’t have loot drama. I raid with adults.

2 Likes

sorry bud, ive seen you posting about anti rdf and other things, i find it hard to believe your guild is full of adults based on the way you treat folks on the forums, but thats just my opinion. and the only reason im commenting is that you arent answering the OP questions, youre just being antagonistic. my two cents.

Bloomsday is one of the most adult people on this forum.

1 Like

mp5 is the persistent always-on mana regen.
spirit+int mana regen is paused (or reduced w/ talent) for 5seconds after spending mana.

2 Likes