Guild leads, how do you handle the LOOT DRAMA?

Ok, I hope your day improves when you get home from the 9 to 5.

I’m rooting for you.

1 Like

As a healer who runs a loot council raid guild its very simple for loot prio dps>tanks>healers. Dps has more gear, do more dmg, things die faster. Everyones job is easier.

What about my presentation is “aggresive” or “snyde”? Do you have some examples?

And the basis of this impression is what?

How have my responses reinforced this?

Correct. I’m not the one attempting to chastise others for using a public forum appropriately. Then again, I know what the word public means…

Still waiting for examples of my “snark” and “snyde”.

1 Like

snarky, snyde, antagonistic. and youre clearly aware of it. and hiding you profile doesnt hide who you are lol. good try though.

but youre clearly aware that you are trolling, you do it ever possible chance, ive voiced my opinion on your lack of assistance to the OP and your lack of character in general. peace to you. and dont worry your mind, you wont see me pop in reply to your trolling anymore. i wont see it from now on.

For the third time now, I am asking you to explain how that is either snarky, snyde, or antagonistic. Are you incapable of doing so?

Translation: You don’t like my opinions, derailed this thread to accuse me of doing things, can’t back up accusations with any substance. And now, after being rightly called out, you’re abandoning thread. Please at least try to be productive next time.

1 Like

This is what you’re dealing with, note the responses because they are the good part:
Arena Forums Town Hall: Community, Rhetoric, and Ethics - PVP / Arenas - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

The guy likes “besting” people and “having a fanbase”. Really it’s just the typical trolling for attention as you know but done in a way to not get forum vacations.

I doubt he raids Classic at all with his “guild of adults” but leave it up to him to not provide help for the OP at all because being helpful to people is not a part of the act, just as you called out.

1 Like

A non corrupt loot council is hands down the best system for a guild raid team.

1 Like

If your healers are demanding scale they’re idiots and don’t deserve it based on that alone. The only healer it’s actually BIS for is Resto Sham and even for them there are MULTIPLE very close alternatives.

Same for dps claiming Valanyr, they’re just being idiots.

The real solution though is just don’t do loot council. It’s a terrible system and entirely unnecessary in Classic. Go wish list, epgp, gdkp or any of the many comparable systems. That way people know exactly when they’re getting what and there is no debate, it simply is what it is. There is no upside to LC it’s just a garbage system.

Doesn’t exist, and even if it’s operated “fairly” it’s still objectively inferior to any of the systems listed above

And you ensure that I am able to continue doing both. I appreciate your continued support and obsession, but please do try to not derail threads.

1 Like

I have no beef with you personally, but claiming people are “obsessed” with you is kinda sadly narcissistic. And Mootwo is one of the nicest regular posters in these forums, so if you’re getting on their bad side you should probably check yourself.

2 Likes

I answered the OP a few times already with a real answer to try to help the guild. You did not.

I was just educating that poster and lurkers so they know the history.

1 Like

No system is “objectively inferior” to any other as far as I can tell. There are far too many variables and multiple different goals involved in loot distribution. Its all heavily subjective.

1 Like

Yes I did. Me sharing my experience with loot drama absolutely has the potential to help the OP. Who are you to decide it doesn’t?

Which has only derailed the thread away from the OP.

1 Like

True, except for LC which is in fact objectively inferior.

Except “My guild doesn’t have loot drama. I raid with adults.” is a useless and unhelpful statement especially since there is plenty of loot drama between adults. There’s a lot to why loot drama happens, it actually can be quite complex.

I won’t keep replying to you to not “derail the thread” more but I’m also not going to feel bad for replying since I know my response to the OP could actually help and I also fit who he’s asking for a response from in the title.

1 Like

No there isn’t. An adult would not partake in drama over pixels. What is your definition of an adult?

Funnily enough, this conversation is the only time you haven’t derailed the thread with me. I understand it’s probably easier for you to just leave though then actually have to defend your position.

As will mine. The most effective way to minimize loot drama: raid with adults. It’s that simple.

1 Like

Adults literally do just that every single day. Are you new here or…?

2 Likes

Actual adults certainly do not.

So how exactly are you testing for “actual adults” in your recruitment process? And in my experience, the more successful the guild, the greater the loot drama. But even then… I’ve been playing Classic for 3 years and literally never seen a LC guild that didn’t end up with drama. I’ve even been the catalyst for it a couple times in particularly egregious situations,.

What? You don’t know what an adult is?

Oh, I see now. You’re the one starting loot drama, which is why you’re resistant to the idea that adults do not cause loot drama.