Guild leadership transfer question

I have a bank alt guild that my horde toon started up on Saurfang on one of my wow accounts. Now that I am no longer using said account much I am wanting to transfer leadership to my horde main on Caelestrasz on the second account (Same Bnet.) But even when logged into both characters I cannot promote them to guild leader, how do I go about this?

Hm. One thing off the cuff would be if you have an authenticator in use on your account? If you don’t, you may want to check your guild settings. I think it’s defaulted to require an authenticator for certain ranks. Even though you didn’t have an errors as the guild creator, handing over leadership may be a hiccup.

And of course realms are down right this moment, so I can’t screenshot that particular setting.

2 Likes

Yes I do have a authenticator on the bnet account. So that is a non issue. I had suspected that at first.

I’ve tried it before with the same result. No option to promote.

1 Like

It actually goes beyond just having an authenticator (which I didn’t realize at first) - there is a timed element if the option is enabled. So if it is enabled, that can easily be turned off once realms are up.

If no one else has anything they can think of - I’d say go ahead and at least get a ticket submitted. It seems like there are random things that can bork up with the guild interfaces, so this is usually the path suggested: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1460/ticket

And now my typical spiel: you may get a TEMPLATED response with some general suggestions to help negate the need for a ticket. This is normal. Just hit the button to the tune of “I still need help,” and it’ll kick it back into the queue for a GM to look into it directly. And too, please don’t get discouraged by a ticket timer. That’s not the timer for YOUR ticket specifically, only an estimation based on the oldest ticket in the system.

I would personally go ahead and at least get a ticket submitted. You can always delete it if the issue resolves itself, but at least this way you’ve your turn in line bookmarked.

Good luck to you!

5 Likes

has the authenticator been on the account for at least 2 weeks? I believe there is a time period required.

The authenticator has been on since the cata physical device came out.

How long has the character you wish to transfer guild lead to been in the guild with an authenticator on their account?

Probably close to a year give or take a month.