Guild Banks WONT Be in At TBC Launch

I mean preferably a non-buggy/unstable build as well… Blizz’s just incompetent it seems.

3 Likes

What else can you expect from a small indie company?

5 Likes

Further evidence that June 1st was never the intended release date, that two weeks of prepatch was entirely unplanned and that the bean counters at Activision, terrified of the Q2 earning reports, are pushing out an unfinished game. Again.

13 Likes

Blizzard please reconsider!

2 Likes

You people complain about everything and then the second you dont get 100% of what you want you start demanding they remove things. Its so pathetic.

1 Like

What do you mean “You people”?

1 Like

I mean I’ve bashed Blizz and praised Blizz multiple times.

This just happens to be one of the times I’m bashing them. Compared to PvP vendors, this years charity pets, raids etc where I’ve praised them in Shadowlands as well as other changes like removal of spell batching.

Guild Banks is a feature that seemed like a no brainer on launch with how much it makes guild management easier.

3 Likes

Glad they spent time adding character boosts, toys and mounts to the game but couldn’t put something in that was already there. Even the in-game guild bank model is present in the prepatch.

“We are going to add guild banks to the blizzard store as a purchasable feature, cuz guild banks take up our datas”

7 Likes

except blizzard since everything they did lined up with what Ashes of creation was trying to do and has now pushed back.

1 Like

probably more likely rushed to boost the Q2 earnings

It might not be a matter of “want” but possibly a technical bug they won’t have worked out by launch.

Let’s not assume Blizz is just being stubborn about it.

this is just ridiculous, summoning stones, experience squish, 60% mount at lvl 30, in-game mount store, character boost … AND NOT a QOL as important as a guild bank … 1 month and a half late for april’s fool

6 Likes

Yea, BC and the leaked 9.1 date shoved into Q2 because they have enough for Q3/Q4 with things like Diablo Immortal and DII remaster

Summoning stones weren’t a late tbc thing, they were in at launch.

That’s almost certainly what it comes down to. I doubt this is an actual design decision and not just a case of priorities and deadlines. Without knowing how much over time they’re putting in it’s hard to say whether this should be in or not.

1 Like

Not super likely as the backend for gbanks is already there.

1 Like

Then how do you explain that they said they didn’t plan on introducing it at launch. This doesn’t sound like a bug but that they planned on bringing it in later.

1 Like

Again, there might be a bug that makes them not work properly, so they might have to fix that and didn’t give themselves enough time before launch.

They did say they were squeezing a square peg in a round hole by putting old code in a new engine and they have lots of bugs to chase.

Just because something is THERE doesn’t mean it’s working properly.

1 Like

They flat out said they have not been planning.

Any other time they do something people take them at their word, but when it’s something like this it’s obviously a bug lol.

1 Like

Because they’re just announcing it now, while there are still bigger bugs to fix and other features that were also supposed to be in but still aren’t.

Very much seems like a “we totally planned this”

2 Likes