Guild Banks Pt. 14

Meh - the sharding piece is a bigger discussion/issue than I think most people are actually seeing it as, I’ve said it before but I think it’s the single most important designer issue currently facing the dev team.

Simply because there’s a legitimate argument to be had on both sides - neither of which are (for the most part) willing to have an intellectually honest logic-driven conversation about - and it honestly comes down to a ‘best guess’ on how it will impact the game int he long run (assuming it’s only used at launch)

Loot trading - I think this is a fairly small issue, and they’ve already said it’s going in regardless.

The water thing is weird - I’ve messed around in retail a bit since the demo on some low level characters and it’s really weird being able to stand on the docks in Redridge and see down in there, in Vanilla I remember not being able to do that, I’d prefer it be like it was in Vanilla because: Classic.

1 Like

If they deem adding guild banks will significantly reduce tickets they will put in guild banks.
Tickets and ticket times are going to be the driving force behind any qol features.

#nochanges…buuuuuuuuut :thinking:

I would agree, I just don’t see how it would do that.

Not only that, but they chose to go with the vanilla implementation of the mail system, rather than the non vanilla version in which mail is instant.

Guild banks were never even part of vanilla. There is no way they can add guild banks and even consider claiming authenticity.

Depends on how big of an issue guild bank alts really were

Mostly, yes. Ion did say that some of the functionality will be slightly different, something to do with clicking the mail out of the mailbox. I don’t know if there will be multi-item mailing as he didn’t comment on that.

If only players could store their items on their own characters.

Oh, wait…

That was an interesting comment me made because it really highlighted their thinking: “This X makes 0 gameplay changes, and affects the community in 0 ways.”

Keeping with that I’d be fine with mailing multiple items in a single piece of mail, just increasing the cost of the mail per item.

it keeps the cost the same, and just adjusts having to open 30 different letters and choosing a recipient.

Of course I’d be fine with it staying the original way as well.

With blizzards current excuse for loot sharing, if guild banks will significantly lower tickets they will put then in.
Only blizzard knows what impact guild banks had on tickets.

2 Likes

Unless I am mistaken, even with the current “multiple mail” system, the cost is the same.

For example, let’s say that the cost to send a single mail, with or without an item attached, is 30c. Sending 5 “mails”, each with a single item attached, would be 1s 50c. Sending a single “mail” with 5 items attached cost 1s 50c.

2 Likes

Well, all we have to go on are Blizzard’s statements that guild banks were added for the convenience they provide. They said nothing about account sharing, or reducing ticket load.

The people who have been so active on private servers, who have been asking for classic servers for years don’t give a damn about the “Health of the game” or “quality of life changes” they want 1.12 as is, bugs, inconveniences and all.

If people are concerned about the health of the game then play BFA.

1 Like

Many of those people who claim to be “concerned about the health of the game” are in actuality only concerned about their own convenience and care nothing about the “health of the game”.

2 Likes

And yet there is also plenty who saw and experienced the scams from the guild bank alt system because of how it’s blind faith instead of a system that you can accurately fact check…

Sure some people want guild banks for inventory room (as if bank alts didn’t already trivialize this), and yet others want a system that hat if your being scammed and care to take 5 min to look into it you will see the scam and be able to stop donating to someone’s personal slush fund.

Edit: it can also be said that some people are against guild banks not because of “muh vanilla bro” but because they want other people to fund their epic mounts, epic BoE gear, and alts gear

I dont have a problem with the GM or an officer of my guild have a character that is the “guild bank”. I think the guild banks that we had in TBC where nice but really dont want them in Classic.

1 Like

another guild bank thread? poop.

It’s the same one.

1 Like

On one hand, the transparency and convenience is nice. On the other hand, it’s… :thinking:

It’s the same thread. It was just necro’d by someone who added nothing new to the issue and apparently only wanted to bring one of their pet desired non vanilla QOL changes back to the top.