Guild Banks - A Fair Compromise

For those that are new to the Classic world I should note that Guild Banks were introduced in the first expansion of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

Many players are firm believers that adding Guild Banks to the classic server option would ruin the integrity of classic.

Many players are steadfast in thinking that the Guild Banks would not affect the authenticity of classic and they should in fact be added.

I can personally understand both sides to this matter and I would like to give my two cents.

If you added Guild Banks to classic, it would ruin the authenticity of the experience. They were NOT in classic!

• Creating alts to store your BOE’s, Consumables, Mats, etc., was a highly notable and fond memory of classic.

• Money management was an important part of the experience and if you can simply go to a vendor after raid to repair your gear with guild funds, it would tarnish that aspect.

• Guild Masters skimming off the top of the guild loot to obtain their epic riding was part of the classic experience.

• #nochanges

Now, on the flip side:

• Guild banks do not affect the game play of classic.

• Keeping guild leaders honest and having record of guild expenses could positively effect the community and could encourage growth, health, and longevity of the classic servers.

• Having bank alts is silly especially when you are limited to 10 character slots per realm

• This is 1.13 not 1.12… get off your high horse… things have already been changed.

Now we can clearly see the conundrum here and we can see how these two sides could contradict one another.

A Fair Comprimise
What if:
Guild Banks are added to classic with some “Classic” feel… meaning:

Guild Banks (Patch 1.13)

• Players will not have the ability to repair their gear with guild funds by visiting a vendor.

• There is only one guild tab available in classic. You can not purchase additional tabs.

• Guild banks can only be accessed in one major city of each faction. (Orgrimmar and Stormwind)

• In order to unlock guild banks, guilds must pay a fee of 5000g. This will promote server health by providing an additional gold sink. This will also force many guild and solo players keep those bank alts that classic enthusiasts wish to see.

This will certainly not make everyone happy… but I would love to hear what people thoughts are on this IDEA… remember it is just an idea.

EDIT: Spelling

4 Likes

False.

:cocktail:

24 Likes

Like I mentioned… I am adding both sides to the argument and what people believe… I also said " it would ruin the authenticity of the experience."

2 Likes

I expect Padre to show up. His thread might not like competition. Then again, who knows. He’s not nearly as much of a nozzlehead as I once thought he was.

3 Likes

He likes pancakes. He’s an OK dude, IMO.

6 Likes

So people that prefer waffles are subhumans? What about french toast?

2 Likes

Pancakes > waffles > french toast > crepes

1 Like

but all of the first 3 are actually GOOD.

8 Likes

Ew stormwind. Everyone knows the vanilla capital is ironforge

20 Likes

I think french toast might be right below crepes. I think you are right about the rest.

1 Like

I would go

Pancakes>french toast>waffles>crepes

I think french toast is just an excuse to consume melted butter and syrup. I find that appealing.

3 Likes

Honestly, they’re all just vehicles for condiments.

I’m going to go with crepes because they’re an excuse to absolutely load them with a mixture of cream cheese and sugar. I mean, they’re a semi-acceptable excuse to eat a cup of cream cheese icing in a quasi-edible wrapper.

Thats way better than whipped cream, maple syrup, or powdered sugar.

Cream cheese master race.

Also… guild banks have pros and cons but ultimately, theyr’e not vanilla.

If you need a guild bank to keep your guild leaders honest, its not guild banks you need, it’s a better guild

5 Likes

False.

True.

So…the compromise between adding or not adding GBanks is…adding them?

7 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of melted butter. Probably because my mom pan fried a lot of things in butter when I was a kid. Add in the sweetness of the syrup and it’s a winner. I hear there’s a maple butter. I should get around to trying it at some point.

2 Likes

I was going to make the case that maple syrup should be saved for your bacon, like god intended, but then I remembered the best pancakes I ever had. Bacon pancakes.

Regular pancakes, with crumbled bacon in the batter, topped with real maple syrup. I have to admit, they beat a socially acceptable excuse to eat a great big pile of cream cheese & sugar.

3 Likes

Those sound amazing. It’s moments like this I wish I wasn’t so lazy. If there is a downside to those, it’s that they sound a touch too Canadian. I’m not sure I could handle that much niceness in a single meal.

1 Like

Get with the program, Banjaa. The compromise is that crepes are inferior to almost any other “breakfast” item. GOSH! Try to keep up. :grin:

5 Likes

Listen, I liked you - right up until you put french toast behind waffles and pancakes - that’s just INSANE.

I don’t think we can be friends anymore.

1 Like

I never claimed to be sane.

And, incidentally, Pancakes > Waffles. :smiley:

2 Likes