Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Destructoid has picked this up now. (Someone with the ability to link, please post it if you can!)

Destructoid article titled: “WoW guilds in disarray as Blizzard unable to restore banks wiped due to bug.”

5 Likes

Well, I would say most of this thread is constructive. The rest is comprised of the people who essentially berated them til they closed the other thread. Can’t say I blame them.

1 Like

I happen to agree.

Nothing actually means anything in real life either, everything has only what meaning, what value, we to it attribute.

4 Likes

It’s a shame how much trust this incident has lost, I would have looked forward to a change like that before.

You can do this in the future if you don’t have link privileges
https://www.destructoid.com/wow-guilds-in-disarray-as-blizzard-unable-to-restore-banks-wiped-due-to-bug/

They get this right though, most people affected have come out of this with little to no restoration, and the best we can get at this point is some form of compensation.

9 Likes

That is unfair as they closed and combined 80 threads.
The one I came from was very civil. There were just too many topics.

5 Likes

people genuinely think GMs should be risking their jobs to put a stack of turtle eggs into their warbanks or something, smh

HOLY MOLY! Someone outside the forum caught wind of this??? Do you think they heard it from a Streamer or the OP? Asking cause curious :rofl:

1 Like

I think it’s just starting to sink in (to the people in charge, not the blue posters) just how monumentally they screwed up. Given my 18 year experience with WOW, I’m decently (like 70%) sure that there will be some form of compensation coming. What form it will take, I don’t know. But they are at the point where they are going to either have to do something, or the game dies from too many people leaving at once.

5 Likes

1 civil, out of 80. Statistics and mob mentality, along with the History of this forum, and its Patrons would suggest at least 50%, if not MORE, were beratement and shouting matches, hence the closure and the emphasis on “Civil and Constructive”. Words are everything, and unless a thread is an obvious troll or spost, They all remain open. So it is my assessment things go SO bad they had to do something. What is unfair is the fact they had to do it at all.

That and making legacy reputations account wide, should have people worried. They are having problems with new reps being reset, just wait til they start picking apart the old stuff. I remember CRZ. And the bugs found on PTRs and Betas that they ignored till they went live.

5 Likes

That’s another thing that both the warbank and the guild bank issues have now made extremely important. People need to be aware of this planned change to the personal bank, and to be aware that like the two before it, it may not go smoothly.

8 Likes

There is a difference between a screw up and a bug. If this were an actual screw up, there would be more chatter about it. This was an unintended bug with unintended effects that created unnecessary over reactions. As someone who has worked in software development and data centers for nearly 30 years, they did not set out to create this problem. Sometimes, crap just happens, and you recover as best you can.

I have supported Blizzard by buying the epic edition of every expansion. I also buy pets, mounts and mogs from the shop. I wanted to help support the game I love so much.

I will continue playing as I am the gm of my guild and have many friends I play with, but I will not buy anymore items from the shop. I will also only buy the base game in the future if I am still playing.

Items from the shop could one day disappear too.

8 Likes

Same. I bought the Epic Edition and then upgraded to the physical Collector’s Edition as soon as it was available. My guild bank was wiped clean - all tabs from full to nothing.

4 Likes

You can’t know that.
And statistically speaking that is impossible. 99% of posts are not toxic.

You have a handful of people out of the thousands that act like potatoes.
If you are getting mob, its usually a VERY bad take, lack of context, posting half truths, etc.

The majority just don’t attack you for no reason.

Well yea, but :poop: posters exist no matter what. Just don’t indulge them.

5 Likes

There shouldn’t be an attack at all. Like I said earlier. The most upset are the hoarders who likely have SEVERAL personal banks for things they have “treasured” since classic. Blaming someone for trying to fix an unintended mistake and demanding reparations is just non-sense. I lost a lot too. I have re-farmed most of it during the lifespan of these threads. These are pixels in a game that doesn’t even belong to me. If I left WoW tomorrow, I could not pack it up and take it with me. It is ALL property of Blizz and common sense tells me to just accept whatever help I can get and move on.

Ah yeah, I keep forgetting to check all of my reps to see if that happened to me, too. Haven’t been motivated to play much since all of this started.

For the record though, that’s an internal issue on their part. QA can only keep up and fix as many bugs as their team is given the manpower and time for, and I have few doubts that all the shuffling and layoffs have bode well for morale or output.

This is inflammatory. I have seen hoarders irl, I’ve cleaned out hoarder houses, it is nothing comparable and you’re delusional if you think so. Also,

Compensation for bugs like this is not unprecedented, as people in this topic have talked about having lost TCG items from bugs restored. A day of gametime recently given for tww launch issues. At some point you are not here to give an opinion and discuss the situation, and are simply here to whine about the other people affected and make blanket statements about them.

9 Likes

What do you think a bug is?

You think that’s not a “screw-up?”

People getting upset over losing 20 years worth of items, due to no fault of their own, isn’t an overreaction.

I pity your employers with that mentality.

9 Likes

Its not delusional. There are A LOT of wow hoarders. Just like irl, you fill your space with redundant items you should have gotten rid of long ago.

A lot of people, myself included, hold onto mats too long.
Like the amount of bc and wraths herbs and ores I purged during prepatch was insane.
Now imagine if I had a bank alt with a gbank and I had mats from every prof and from every xpac. (I know a few people that do this)

Most of those mats are insanely cheap on the ah, there is no real point in holding onto them.

But then you have items of personal value. Old relics, currencies, items that are only worth the grey value gold.

Granted there is no need to flame regardless, you can’t ignore the fact that hoarders exist in the game. And its silly to call someone delusional because you disagree.

1 Like