Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Yup, my baby girl will be voting for the first time this year. She’s registered and all ready to go. It’s also our state’s governor election year.

1 Like

I got a couple items back in the mail that were in the bank but nothing of the stacks of mats collected & farmed for years. it was a private guild bank (my own) where I stored all of my crafting mats & all i got back was a couple copper racers & a couple thermal anvils… All of my gems & elemental items, all of my rep farming items (marks of kiljaeden, AQ scarabs etc), all of it, POOF!! & all i get back a couple of the items i didn’t care about. I’m livid & sick to death at this result! That bank had 17years worth of farming!! Please, Blizz, do better!!

5 Likes

Of course things happen and no one suggested they did this thinking it would be fun surprise for the WoW 20th anniversary, so stop w/ your lunatic assessments.

An accident did occur yes but what has got people up on arms is they appear to have no way to restore everything back to what it was. This means it is S-L-O-P-P-Y work and poor skills.

The expectations are customer pay for a service and expect the service (as advertised) to work and if it is not working their expectations are the company will fix it/resolve it and make it whole.

Further, any reasonable person would expect a mechanism called “bank” to operate like an actual “bank” meaning things stored in there will be safe and secure. If that is not what Blizzard had in mind for the Guild Bank, they need to rename it to something more appropriate such as Guild Blackhole, Guild Void, Guild eating machine, Guild Goblin item incinerator , etc.

5 Likes

An ingame friend who also lost a lot of stuff, just cancelled his sub and told his bank to refund the money spend on expansion and sub.

His plan, he is going to buy a new TV from the money and will watch some shows on a streaming provider in UHD. His hobby was WOW, so he never spend money on anything but the PC and the game.

Guy pretty much bought every collectors edition since Vanilla, but enough is enough. He is aware that his account will be closed if he refunds, but he said “I don´t care”.

I find that so sad, his heart was with this game, when his parents died, he had a funeral for them in Ashenvale. Some of the items in his bank, were crafted by his dad… Gosh, I just can´t, I find that so heartbeaking.

For some it´s just Pixels, but Pixels can have a story too.

11 Likes

It is 100% possible it was, but that confusion was not on my part, but on Blizzard’s part.

What could have stopped this “confusion” was for them to be clear, accurate and articulate instead of what appears to be a bunch of cloak-and-dagger stuff.

Although interesting, but to be honest, what happens in Hello Kitty Island Adventure of Fallout has no relevance to this issue. They are not the same companies or the same issue.

3 Likes

We’re all human, and humans are sentimental creatures at heart. Those of us who have been playing a long time have fond memories of this game and some of the items we lost have memories attached to them. Some people grew up in Azeroth, others used it as an escape from reality/stress.

It’s painful to leave a game that feels like home, as corny as that sounds. We have an emotional attachment to this world. But Blizzard’s lackadaisical “fix” shows us that the Blizzard of old no longer exists. It just isn’t worth sticking around anymore.

I’ve joined the growing number of players who have paused my sub and will probably change that to an unsub soon.

7 Likes

How can you do that reasonably when some were using it as a gbank to store mats for their guild oooor as their personal storage and had items ranging from vanilla to know.

Some things were priceless.
Its basically impossible to put a reasonable price tag on that for compensation.

I was debunking the analogy entirely since you can get more ingredients, even if they are different vs data just being flat gone and unrecoverable/unrecognizable. As well as making it impossible for a reasonable alternative.

Let me educate you on something. In real data centers there are process and procedures to backup and restore things, along with BIA and DR policies and procedures.

If those don’t happen or they are lacking those basic 101 IT skills/capabilities, then the data center is poorly run, so is the business and is reflective of the c-level suite that allows it to happen and finally translates into it is not a “real” data center.

4 Likes

Pretty easy.
I enjoy hanging out with my guildmates, laughing, drinking, killing things and enjoying their company. If it were a single player game, I would have been gone long ago.

Yep, if something like this happened in my company (which, granted, is more vital than a gaming business), there would be legal liabilities, and potentially jail time.

In the EU and Australia, this could fall under the part of their protection laws that covers products that do not function as advertised. They could be on the hook for refunds for ANYONE in those territories that wants to refund the expansion and walk away. That’s not the same as “damages” because we don’t actually own our items.

6 Likes

I can remember when I could call and get issues resolved and also opening a ticket and a GM would pop in and ask if I had time to chat about whatever the issue was.

Good example, killed a mob that died on the side of a mountain (it ran as I was killing it). A GM popped in and said no problem, let me grab that loot for you and popped it in my bag.

Now you open a ticket and 9 times out of 10, you get back some nonsense that is not related to your problem.

Using the same issue above, instead of a GM, I’d get a ticket telling me to visit wowhead to understand how to earn a mount in game as a level 20 warlock, ticket closed and then funny enough “rate the ticket”.

11 Likes

Personal banks are coming next.

As posted on Blizzard’s website introducing Warbands…

“Finally, it’s worth mentioning that we would like to update the UI and functionality of the character-level bank to also use tabs like the Warband bank. While this won’t be done at the launch of The War Within, we are planning for it to come soon after. When this change occurs, bags will no longer be needed in the character bank. It’s intended that this change won’t alter the number of slots currently available in your bank. It will just shift those slots from bags to tabs.”

8 Likes

Agreed. But isn’t it better to put some price tag on it, than nothing at all? They could have a darned good go, because they have all the data. Even if they no longer have the data for the guilds that have actually been affected, they MUST have the data for those that have not been affected. They could work out the average value of that, then send that out to the guilds that have been affected. And we know they know WHO was affected, because they told us.

And if they don’t want to do it that way … then just a ballpark would do. There’s plenty of people who have sent in tickets, posted in forums, who have been able to actually provide lists of the missing items … ballpark it from that.

Unless they are COMPLETELY lying to us about the data loss, and they do have all our data but just decided it was too much work to restore it, I think there will always be SOME people who will not be able to get the value back of what they lost. Not least because some of that stuff was unique.

I Just don’t think it’s too much to ask for them to make SOME effort to do more than return either nothing or something worth virtually nothing.

2 Likes

Honestly my guild leader was pretty devastated. He had saved stuff from vanilla and tbc in there.

Hell even my own guild, I’ve lost all my boes that I saved and half the mats.

I get it if they can’t restore it, but they should at least give compensation of some kind.

2 Likes

Considering that something like a reputation level (Friendly, Honored, Revered, etc) or honor level are much more simple in comparison to say - a guild bank with 15-20 years worth of 1000s of items - I’m somewhat hopeful they’ll eventually restore said Exalted reputations and honor levels

We’re talking 1 number in a database (reputation level or honor level), versus potentially thousands of numbers/entries (guild banks)

Also, there is also the fact that it’s supposed to be impossible for a reputation level or honor level to ever “go down” - so I imagine them cross-referencing the “before and after” of pre-11.0 data (correct) to post-11.0 data (incorrect/bugged) should be fairly simple

2 Likes

Terrifying thought, currently, isn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if they’re going to charge us silly amount of gold for those tabs to get back the space we already unlocked in our personal character banks …

9 Likes

And here you go again.

They might mean nothing to YOU.

Others obviously feel differently.

You have no clue.

Stop trying to tell others how to think or feel.

Speak for yourself only.

5 Likes

Yea the issue is finding a good median. People are going to complain its not enough regardless, but how do you compensate without over doing it?

That’s a good idea.

Idk about that. If anything, I think they could just be blowing smoke to bide time to automate it. They love their automated nonsense these days

Yea some of those things were priceless, removed from game items. But I did see quite a few posting about all their crafting mats from vanilla to now are gone lol.

Those old mats aren’t worth much these days, a lot aren’t even worth the slot they take up.

But like if my bank got cleared, Id lose my old tier sets with removed from game enchants and gems. My old legos. Items that were removed and marked as greys to vendor.

There is no real value other personal and the gold they are worth to vendor unfortunately.

1 Like

Just because they are not updating people every hour/day/week with progress does not mean they are not trying. They explained the glitch, what they could actually do about it, apologized, and are working on it. These people are calling for more than just their items. They want reparations, and they want someone to get fired for it. Not ALL of them, but these posts exist in here, and no I am not going to go back and copy and paste for convenience of others. You can all go read the same 1727 posts like I did. I get that stuff got lost. I lost stuff too. It sucks. But they are pixels in a game. Accidents happen. If what I had in my bank cost me the convenience of Warbands… then I gladly would have given more.

You have a video game mistaken for IHoP or Amazon.