Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Testing before releasing should be a priority with everything, but that bird flew away years ago. It’s the “American way” now. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yep, the people responsible for this are the ones that gave the ok to push untested code live. Not necessarily the developers. This expansion was rushed out 3 months before it was ready. The developers likely just did what they were told, the responsible party is the one who decided to not give them time to finish it and to release it before it was anywhere near ready.

5 Likes

Thinking it’s more of a simpler explanation. The game itself it’s falling apart and years and years of updates and addons and changes. It’s reaching a critical mass and really to blow.

It’s just like the movie ‘volcano’ - the bank items being deleted is the early warning much like the steam in the sewers was!

3 Likes

And more than 15mil gold missing from the guild banks of many people too not just items!

1 Like

I think we just have to accept lower standards from software development. That’s the trend.

1 Like

I’m aware this is about guild banks. I’m making a point. If one bank isn’t safe, why is the other? If neither of them become safe from constant item lose, what would be the point of even using them?

5 Likes

Sucks that this happened to so many people, but I’m not sure what people are expecting. If Blizzard said there’s stuff that’s not recoverable, as in the data is gone, and people don’t have proof of items lost, the only real answer is to vote with your money and unsub.

There is absolutely no reason that Blizzard would admit to not being able to recover everything if there was a chance they were able to. It’s just bad PR.

Should be a given with the rise of and potentially large-scale replacement of actual people by AI.
Slop machines doing slop work at slop standards on the cheap.
This is the future.

sure, both store items but it is likely that the way the code handles guild bank vs warbank is significantly different and hopefully less likely for devs to make mistakes with warbank handling. the same could be said for your character bags, void storage, etc…

guild banks have been around for a real long time and the code is likely spaghetti, hence why someone made a mistake and causes so many guild banks to lose the majority of their contents.
warbanks are new and hopefully the code was built from scratch and clean

Yep. Basically. It is what it is.

You can see it in many parts of the game now. The visual glitches and quest bugs in old content are increasing with every new patch. I was on a mission to document all the visual glitches I found but quickly gave up because it were so many.

2 Likes

Still find it funny GMs can’t help us, even though I’ve seen hacked guild banks (cleared by hacked officers) restored completely without much of a fuss. Also find it funny they’re telling anyone who tickets to complain on the bug forums, where the threads are locked/deleted within a day now.

7 Likes

As for compensation, I am starting to think they may not care as much because a guild bank is shared so its not like any one person owns the item. But that is just ignoring the fact that a lot of people use solo guild bank as extra storage so it IS a single account being impacted in those cases.

I posted this 3 weeks ago in the bug forum thread and part of me wants to believe that it is the reason they are refusing to put in the effort/compensation. IE: Because it is technically a shared bank so not one person owns all of it.

But with all the lack of communications, outright lies about what is possible and disrespect to their customers time/money, there is now a growing voice in the back of my head saying they just don’t care at all anymore.

8 Likes

Personal banks have been around longer than guild banks…

Fun fact: Starting to type “guild” into Google, now brings up “guild bank missing items wow” as the top result. That’s gotta be an embarassing level of exposure.

8 Likes

that’s really the bottom line here. i checked my old guild bank and didn’t lose anything – but my bank didn’t have anything super valuable in it anyway, just crafting mats from prior expansions.

this is a huge screw-up for blizzard, but the resolution is never going to be “just tell us what you had and promise you’re not lying and we’ll mail it to you”.

1 Like

At this point, I would not trust any of the banks in the game. I’ve heard of people losing achievements, mounts, pets, gold, items and thought -oh they were just careless…well apparently, I was pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

7 Likes

That’s probably just something you searched previously coming up. I tried and it wasn’t anywhere in the list.

2 Likes

I haven’t searched google for anything like this though, it’s odd.

Well if I do ‘guild bank’ then I see ‘guild bank missing items’ as the 4th so maybe just google doing its things in sorting results.

2 Likes

Yeah possibly, either way the more exposure the better.

3 Likes