Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Nod a price set by players, hence why if I did lose anything I wouldn’t know it’s value or worry. Money in the game other than repairs, I’ve never really bought anything major with or spend anything that was stupid high (cap myself to 50k) no matter how much I might like it.

1 Like

Oh more than that, the last one seen on any AH was 10 million like 2 years ago. Could probably go for 20 million if not for gold cap limitations. Which is one of the reasons why I stopped posting the thing up and kept it safe in my guild bank.

1 Like

No, it does make sense, but I would offer this: Why, if they were already gone, did the icons not update for two entire days? No; they were there, and my having pulled my Haunted Momentos out of the second bank (which displayed the same behavior) supports that. (No, not angry or argumentative, I promise. Tone just isn’t conveying properly)

2 Likes

Yes, there was definitely something wrong with the items even before they disappeared. As for why they behaved that way, there is obviously an explanation, but it would take someone familiar with WOW’s code to explain it.

1 Like

Ohh I know I own a Magic Rooster Egg mount …everyone is always asking where to get it…when I inform them they are like dang…I got mine back in WoD when gold cap was 1 Million …I only paid 240,000 for mine…

Had one Guild bank with “random” items disappear across all 8 tabs (alliance side), and my “rarely used” Horde bank had ALL items disappear across all 7 tabs. (with only 3 items left). Both are my own guilds, with my own characters and no one else in them. And all on the same server (Dath’remar OCE). Given it’s in Australia, we’re “meant” to have slightly different rules with some of these things we pay a subscription for. And the lack of communication has just been shocking.
Both guild banks had the same layout and a “Set order” to how things were in it (yes, I’m a bit OCD lol). And I have screen shots of the before (horde guild) on 18 Aug 2024 that had only “some” things missing" and then another screen shot 21.09 with everything gone. So can quite easily see all that has been “deleted”. To date, no in game mails with items to either GM on my alliance or horde side. And nothing magically re-appearing into the guilds. they’re all still “wiped” as they were. And tickets were just closed off. But the lack of communication has been the worst thing. The posts on the other 2600+ strong thread received nothing. Very very poor.
Like others have said, it’s the complete disregard for the client base with barely any (or no) communication to this whole thing. And the loss of trust to a company we pay a monthly fee to, to play their game. As a long time player (since 2004) and both guild banks being in use since 2007, there were many hours of farming items (ie time and money) spent to fill things up for profession recipes I could use),…just all gone. With a very poor “oops, oh well” type response. For a company that wants to do better and listen to their customer base,…well,…this is definitely not a way to do that. The hundreds of people and thousands of guild banks and thousands of items lost…to get such a poor response to all of that…well…just not good enough Blizzard. You should do better.

10 Likes

I will say setting the gold cap to what is it, 9,999,999? Can’t say it’s a limit on the technology, as many games prior to and after have a much higher limit. For myself since I came back in 2020, month before the start of Shadowlands have around 9 million spread across 36 characters.

I just don’t have a lot of deaths, and I just can’t farm for more gold because of what happened to me in Star Wars: The old Republic. I have lost faith in game companies to screw the average player who doesn’t do anything wrong. Probably why I craft for free, I don’t need more gold that I don’t or won’t ever use then what I get passively.

2 Likes

There was something wrong with guilds vaults before the items disappeared.
6 days before the early access a guildie asked me to borrow gold to buy the epic edition with gold. I needed to get the gold out of the gv and it wouldn’t let me get it out. I was making the withdrawal and the gold did not appear in my backpack. Finally I searched these forums, and someone claimed to have managed to extract gold by taking out 200k. I did it in 6 extractions, I put up a ticket and a forum about it.

It was a ticket and this forum in the technical support forums of my Ragnaros US realm.
You can use an online translator.

The guild bank was malfunctioning BEFORE the release of TWW, and they can’t be unaware that they knew it. Unless they accept that they don’t read forums that are not in English.

5 Likes

The problem lies in that this thread doesn’t need you to come in poking sticks at people. In fact, there was no reason for you to reply at all, considering it’s made up of mostly everyone who was affected and rightly pissed off.

You coming in here, stating your opinion that it’s no big deal…an opinion no one asked for. Why did you feel you needed to come in here to tell those that are really upset that it’s no big deal?

15 Likes

They just enjoy victim blaming. We were asking for it by putting stuff in guild banks. How dare we expect Blizzard to keep our data secure.

11 Likes

Aye, before early access the second they release the war bank feature live, banks started screwing up. Might be one reason they disabled the war bank for a day or two after it was released which would coincide with players starting just around that same time complaining about not being able to withdraw gold and a day or two later things starting to disappear.

3 Likes

Exactly. Remember how you couldn’t even withdraw them? They were just stuck in their slots.

Then POOF!

3 Likes

I just figured it was a desync or latency or something, because I’ve had stuff like that happen with bag items before and I had to relog to fix it.

3 Likes

Shocked there is still barely any coverage about this.
kurnmogh’s take on it is very well done. I wish it had more visibility.
YT look for The Great Blizzard Bank Heist

8 Likes

So, is the level of customer service we will receive going forward? We farm really good alt items for our war bank, they disappear, and blizzard just says, “Oh Well.”, then ignores the player base about it. Makes you wonder if any of the bank tabs are safe.

12 Likes

I didnt ask for your opinion either but I have no problem with you presenting it. That is what a discussion forum is for. Apparently some of you cant handle it if someone disagrees.

That is so depressing :frowning: I’m so sorry that you had this double whammy. :heart:

1 Like

This thread isn’t really about the warbank issue, that’s something else (albeit probably just as bad and being handled like crap).

This is about guild vaults, which are in no way a new feature like warbanks, all of a sudden being unreliable, amd cleaned out by Blizzard.

3 Likes

First time poster. My personal guild bank (Trial Account) is empty like most. No emails, and like most am pretty sure it’s going to stay that way unfortunately. I too have played since Vanilla, and while I probably did not have a ton of “valuable” stuff in there, that’s not the point.

• As an IT professional of 30+ years, their communication on the issue was horrific. This could have been handled infinitely better. It was not ok.
  • As an end user, I have lost trust in Blizzard. They have now set the standard that at any time, anything can disappear and it’s just the way things are. This is not ok.

I should be excited about a new expansion, but this eats at me. We pay a lot of money, and we all need to ask ourselves if this is the quality and value we expect.

For me personally, I expect a long break to see what happens and a lot more Baldur’s Gate and Dragon Age in my future. The world of gaming is huge and I don’t need to pay a monthly subscription to be treated poorly.

16 Likes

It’s time to start fresh. Stop hanging on to 20 year old crap. I mean, if you haven’t auctioned off all the old stuff by now, what’s the point of just hanging on to it? Nostalgia? Please.

My opinion, right or wrong. Flag this if you must, but nothing changes. This is a discussion board.

1 Like