Guild Bank Missing Items Update

absolutely useless. missing hundreds of items across several guild banks and this is all you can do. worthless pieces of crap. last straw for this game. yall didn’t even try to restore tiems.

4 Likes

I remember they said this shortly after it first happened.

I can’t find the post where it was said now, do you have a link by chance?

1 Like

I have not looked but it was in the CS forums…
and it was a Blue who responded.

They likely removed it anyway.

3 Likes

Here’s the one I recall. From Felranys on the EU Customer Support forum.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/guild-bank-items-gone/528709/291

1 Like

editing. It was a blue post about a warbank reply, in a guild bank post. So this is not what I thought it was. I was mistaken.

3 Likes

After getting the “well it sucks to be you” about the 1000s of lost items. I looked in the logs and found items that was not returned, was that even an option in your "we cant find the data? The “screw you” response to reimbursement for lost items gives you the warm fuzzy feeling as in - give us money every month and when we are to incompetent to do our jobs, shut up but keep sending money each month. the years spent putting collectables in the guild bank down the drain, I agree with the other comments, reimburse for your incompetence!

10 Likes

I keep looking on my alt and nothing has been returned to my alt

2 Likes

so, Blizzard, where can we most safely store valuable items going forward, should we get any? In character bags of characters over level 10? How can we trust anywhere, if guild banks are not trustworthy?

9 Likes

Its funny they can restore deleted characters, with no time limit even if they’re over level 50. But a guild bank is too complicated to have any type of backup for.

Honestly through my 20 years of warcraft I’ve seen guild leaders/officers hacked and guild banks cleared out completely, only to see them restored completely later by GMs.

What changed since then? There used to be backup data. There used to be some ability to rollback. And GMs used to have power to do something besides tell people there’s nothing they can do. Why even have GMs anymore. Do we have GMs anymore? Is that why 90% of all GM responses seem like they’re from bots? It’s really starting to feel like nobodies actually captaining this ship and we’re just sailing around in circles.

14 Likes

Data loss at this scale in a game that fundamentally depends on server data retention. Seems like a fundamental break that requires a lot more than a ‘well we’re really trying’ kind of response. It’s guild banks today, warband tomorrow? Personal banks next? Character equipment? Account toons?

19 Likes

So I’m still missing basically all of my Guild Bank. I haven’t removed or deposited anything in or out of it since I first reported it, so (data-wise) it should be relatively simple to restore it to how it was prior to the issue.

Right?

6 Likes

His name was no longer in the thread because he’s probably been fired.

4 Likes

Clearly you store them in random characters over level 50. Then delete the characters. Your data will be safe then, at least until you restore those deleted characters. Sure its overly complicated but that’s a small price to pay for data security.

3 Likes

This response feels inadequate given the extensive impact this bug has had on our guild, Kumpania. Our guild bank is now nearly empty, with only five items remaining. We’ve lost entire tabs of battle pets, mounts, toys, and countless items that members have gathered and shared over the years.

The loss of these items isn’t just about inventory—it’s about the community we’ve built and the memories associated with those items. While we appreciate that some items may be being restored, the reality is that many guilds will be left with significant gaps, and our GM hasn’t received any communication regarding a restoration plan.

This situation raises concerns about trust in the system. We believe that some form of compensation or remediation is necessary for guilds affected to this extent. It’s simply unacceptable to hear “sorry” without any meaningful follow-up or support. We hope you can reconsider your approach and provide a more comprehensive solution for those impacted.

Vermivora
Guild: Kumpania
Server: Turalyon

28 Likes

Well stated Vermivora/Dellet. I couldn’t have expressed better how this makes me feel, and the response provided.

2 Likes

My bank alt guild has 2 characters in it. Nothing has been mailed.

I have a full list of missing items and included are several REMOVED FROM THE GAME appearances. Will those be restored?

Removed from the game items

1. Scout’s Shirt x 2 (Item ID: 23345)
  2. Squire’s Shirt (Item ID: 23476)
  3. Rugged Trapper’s Shirt (Item ID: 148)
  4. Wirt’s Haunted Leg (Item ID: 206276)
  5. Dirge’s Kickin’ Chimaerok Chops (Item ID: 21023)
  6. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Druid (Item ID: 19821)
  7. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Priest (Item ID: 19820)
  8. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Hunter (Item ID: 19816)
  9. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Hunter (Item ID: 19816)
  10. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Rogue (Item ID: 19814)
  11. Punctured Voodoo Doll - Warrior (Item ID: 19813)

Below list of all missing items except for 2 tabs (Prof and Food) that I skipped because I did crafting stuff somewhere around patch 11 and I care more about this other stuff than that crap.

Misc Tab
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Druid
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Priest
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Hunter
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Hunter
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Rogue
    * Punctured Voodoo Doll - Warrior
    * Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops

Bulging Barrel of Oil
    A Steamy Romance Novel: Hot and Misty
    Ethereum Prision Key x 23
    Brawler's Pass
    Cask of Peaked Dalaran Red
    Ango'rosh Sorcerer Stone x 5
    Weighted Jack-o'-Lantern x 20
    Sack of Spiders x 18
    Darkmoon Tincture of Deflection x 3
    Potion of Defiance x 3
    Draenic Living Action Potion x 3
    Draenic Swiftness Potion x 4
    Giant Dinosaur Bone x 61
    Shiny Bracelet x 3
    Brawler's Pass
    Darkmoon Necklace
    Charm of Potent and Powerful Passions
    Frozen Armors of a Hero x 11
    Happy Fun Rock x 4
    Half an Animal Biscuit x 3
    Libram of Rapidity

Pets Tab
    Mechanical Axebeak
    Pet Cage x 16
    Cinder Pup x 2
    Felbat Pup x 2
    Sinister Squashling
    "Merry Munchkin" Costume x 20
    Perky Blaster x 20

Clothes Tab
    * Scout's Shirt x 2
    * Squire's Shirt
    * Rugged Trapper's Shirt

Battleforge Boots
    Bloodmane Mace of the Fireflash
    Shadowsage Scepter of the Fireflash
    Barbarian Broadaxe
    Revenant Armor
    Stonebreaker Gauntlets of the Feverflare
    Disciple's Boots
    White Tuxedo Shirt
    Red Linen Shirt
    Brackwater Girdle
    Cadet Cloak
    Smoldering Helm of the ____ x 7
    Knitted Sandals
    Lovely Black Dress x 13
    White Tuxedo Shirt
    Formal White Shirt x 4
    Black Tuxedo Pants
    Green Workman's Shirt
    Acolyte's Shirt
    Elegant Dress
    Gray Woolen Shirt x 4
    Diamond-Tipped Cane

Herb Tab
    Vision's Deck
    Seven of Fathoms x 2
    Ace of the Moon x 3
    Six of the Moon x 4
    Eight of the Moon x 2
    Ace of Visions x 2
    Six of Visions x 2
    Seven of Visions
    Five of Blessings
    Six of the Tides
    Eight of Storms
    Six of Beasts
    Super Cooling Regulator
    Super Cooling Coolant
    Super Cooling Pump x 2

Tab 7
    * Wirt's Haunted Leg

Enormous Crescent Saberfish x 18
    Enormous Fire Ammonite x 31
    Tome of the Clear Mind x 10
    Fallen Adventurer's Journal
    Explorer's Expert Helm
    Fat Sleeper Bait
    Sea Scorpion Bait
    Frost Worm
    Swollen Murloc Egg
    Moosehorn Hook
    Silvergill Pike x 34
    Pioneer's Leather Wristguards
    Explorer's Expert Greaves x 2
    Demonic Detrius
    Savory Deviate Delight x 20
12 Likes

In Soviet Warcraft, Blizzard keeps your things!

8 Likes

I think that blue post on the forums about items being invisible to us, but they could see them, was related to the warband banks - people got confused because someone else reposted it as if it was related to guild vaults. The blue then came on to clarify it was about warband banks.

I think some of the misinformation in addition to that though, is because people have been getting a variety of information from tickets … including this one:

Which suggests they they would be restoring the lost items automatically. Whilst it doesn’t say “all items”, that is the intimation.

1 Like

Curious – How do you know all of this was in your GB?
Do you have an addon or something?

Early on when this started happening, there were some people who remembered a similar-looking problem from 2019. Here is one thread:

This was a “display” issue that didn’t involve any actual loss of items.

Those “some people” then went on a rant last month wagging fingers at everyone saying “it’s a known bug, it happened before, you just can’t see them, they’re there, GMs can put them back, etc., etc.”

So that’s where some of that vibe comes from.

This is clearly not that issue.

3 Likes