Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Annnnnnnddddd… it’s gone!

6 Likes

There should be a list of stuff put into the bank, though, yah? :frowning: The past few years.

4 Likes

even better

1 Like

no they haven’t - for four weeks near the end of last expansion - the world event weekly was not giving the correct rewards and blizzard couldn’t even be bothered to fix it in a timely fashion let alone provide correct rewards.

4 Likes

like many others in this thread, I am a bit disheartened, as I’ve only received 4 weapon/armor items in the restoration compared to the 50+ recipes, pets, transmogs, and mats that I would’ve expected. Not only that, but I’m also disappointed at the fact that the items I received were soulbound - when they were intended for the guild/other players.

I wish that the fact that these items are now soulbound would be addressed - as the post makes no mention of it, and it just seems like an oversight unless there was a valid reason that it had to be done this way. I understand that this is an unfortunate situation, but I wish some parts of the communication were clearer and that we would’ve be updated more frequently on that status of this endeavor to help manage expectations on the player-side.

6 Likes

Is this generally also the case for the auctions that went missing during the launch week instability?

1 Like

YEP :white_check_mark:

This is the one. Bye bye, WoW :upside_down_face: :melting_face:

10 Likes

So far they have sent me back three Spring Tuxedo Shirts :rofl:

4 Likes

Evybody is lucky if you get anything back; I don’t have any items mailed back, yet. :frowning: :frowning:

3 Likes

Chiming in as one of the people that got about 5-10% of lost items back with the restoration. Some of which were sentimental, most were performance specific items I’ll have to grind for again, if even possible.

This isn’t my first time losing progress in any way, and can say for those with concerns of this happening in other areas of the game: It’s already a thing via different bugs. I’ve yet to receive my Infinite title alongside others that were caught in the crossfaction grouping bug.

With the risk of data loss issues like this and other bugs, I simply don’t believe that any sort of FOMO has the right to exist in this game anymore. I can only hope this sparks further compensation for people that lost worse than I did, and that there are better protections and back ups to prevent issues like this in the future.

edit: Lmao and the restoration made my moonfang paw toys soulbound. This cannot be stated enough how bad of a situation this is between how incomplete most of these restorations are and how they’ve bugged the items.

19 Likes

Two decades worth of rare items gone in an instant. Amazing. Fantastic. Oh whats this? Recovery mail!

…You recovered a darkmoon egg I put in there two months ago. Thats all. Not the unobtainable BoEs, not the materials, none of the pets, nothing.

Millions in gold in items put in ahead of warbanks to send to alts to put on the AH on other servers. All gone. Poof.

And you “Apologize” for the “Inconvenience”?

You’re a f^cking joke of a company.

24 Likes

Could mine have been connected to the fact that they never deleted my old guild bank from Zul’jin? It’s still there. I put in a bug-report, because I didn’t think it should be there.

It lists the stuff I took out before I transferred Keír from Zul’jin to Dalaran. There is one tab; it mentions stuff I deposited 5 months ago. Only in the first tab, though, because it seems like it’s still connected to - Zul’jin? O,o

The GB on Dalaran doesn’t have this info for the first tab.

1 Like

Happy to finally get communication, but Blizzard really needs to realize this is not acceptable, and that it took 5+ weeks to even acknowledge in any official capacity is ridiculous.

I had 70+ stacks of questing and crafting mats, for current and old expansions, simply disappear, and you’ve sent me… two stacks of items that were not even missing - they already have stacks in my guild bank.

I’m beginning to suspect you have no concept of the scale of this problem because you simply don’t know?

10 Likes

Is this restoration happening now?

2 Likes

Define “Restoration”.

6 Likes

Yes yes… I mean are people getting items mailed back them already? I’m curious how this looks other than the very sad

:cry:

3 Likes

Just canceled my accounts - I don’t know if I will restart them or not. I am really enjoying this expansion, but the absolute trainwreck of service and support on this issue has kind of sent me over the edge. Thousands of crafting mats lost, maybe tens of thousands (it was my goblin period, don’t shame me… :blush:) and they send me a few hundred cloth? Yeah, I don’t think so.

18 Likes

If you haven’t gotten anything by now, all hope for you is lost along with your items. Never trust your guild bank again.

6 Likes

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

I do expect to see many long-time, seriously invested, fans gone because Blizzard did not provide a level of service required for such a prominent online world.

At this point they deserve all the backlash on this. Customer trust takes a long time to build but it can break in an instant, if the situation is significant enough. To many here this is the event.

11 Likes

Almost seven tabs worth of items that vanished and I get back just eleven Fluorescent Fluid?
Gee, thanks.

6 Likes