Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Right, we should just all shut up as there is no way to actually reach the people that matter? Is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

My personal guild bank and war bank where not affected by this bug at all. I got early access maybe two or three weeks before it launched and really didn’t try the beta access at all.

It was stated by a blue post that not everything that is missing would be returned and what they can return would go to the guild master of the affected guilds. Those that are not satisfied can vote with their wallet because Blizzard has stated their intent and how they are resolving the issue and who gets priority with the returns.

While I feel bad about the whole situation, all you can do is keep playing or find something else to play. Had I been affected, I would have probably left the game, just like I did when BioWare did something similar to me in Star Wars: The old Republic.

No.

Post where the people who make these decisions will see it. Which is not Bug Reports. Only QA monitors this forum and they don’t forward this kind of discussion to the developers, who are the people you mean to be speaking to.

Try in General Discussion instead. Otherwise you’re just yelling at clouds here.

1 Like

Hey genius, THE BUG ISN’T FIXED, ITEMS ARE STILL MISSING!!! Every thread we created in the General Discussions / Customer Support / Etc. were all either moved here or locked and told to post here.

2 Likes

My sub expired last night and since I’m not renewing it, I can’t post there. The more people complain, anywhere, the more chance there will be of blizz acknowledging this.

1 Like

The developers disagree. QA has to abide by their decision, no matter how you feel about it.

Insisting it’s still bugged when the developers have decreed it’s fixed never works. You have to change the developers’s mind, and that only happens in feedback mechanisms they approve, which is posts in General Discussion.

But if you want keep posting ineffectively, go right ahead.

1 Like

Maybe the bug itself is fixed, sure. No more items disappear. But the problem isn’t so much the risk of it happening again, the problem is the total lack of compensation for people who lost a ton of stuff. A handful of junk is not a restoration or compensation in the slightest.

1 Like

Marking a bug resolved in your issue tracking database doesn’t mean it’s fixed. They can state whatever they want, this problem isn’t going away until they actually FIX IT.

And if you think for one second that Developers read the general discussion forums, I have some amazing ocean front property in Iowa to sell you.

And thanks for your permission to post here, I will keep doing so.

2 Likes

No matter how the wind howls

Blizzard has one upped every famous bank robber and gotten away with it.

The Great Blizzard Bank Heist: How Blizzard Robbed Me (youtube.com)

On a serious note, it truly sucks that this happened to a lot of different guilds and people.

8 Likes

Well the article is from MassivelyOP: /2024/09/23/world-of-warcraft-data-loss-fiasco-deletes-items-out-of-guild-banks-and-blizzard-cant-fully-restore-them/

But the comment I made, was actually made in the Reddit post: /r/wow/comments/1fodlt9/the_guild_bank_thanos_snap_should_get_more_outrage

((I meander in and out of articles and comment on them, or the links they have to Twitter/Facebook/Reddit, which they used to base the article on; sometimes I get lost! :smile:))

2 Likes

Did they just merge all the threads together or am I going crazy?

2 Likes

So there seems to be conflicting information relating to the mails going out … I don’t know if it’s deliberate misinformation or misinformed staff somewhere … but this person got a ticket replied to where they were told all mails had been sent:

(add the dot to the link :wink: )

3 Likes

No, they are closing and merging them into one post. I was in the process of replying to one and it was closed and merged into another post. Twice that I am aware of on posts’ I have read so far.

2 Likes

This is concerning as I had 4 out of 5 guild banks affected, one it totally empty and not one item was returned.

2 Likes

I had 3 vaults with 5-6 tabs affected. I have gotten nothing back…No compensation, no information on what they plan on doing. Been playing since 2004-06

3 Likes

I am the guild leader of two guilds. One is my personal banking guild, the other is a raiding guild. An entire bank tab of my personal guild was wiped out. And it wasn’t even related stuff. It was Relics of Ulduar, and elemental motes, and light feathers, and other random things that didn’t fit into my other sorted categories. Stuff that I have collected over the 20 years I’ve been playing, at least hundreds of items. On both characters, all I received back was a handful of enchanting mats from previous expansions that I didn’t even know was missing. How is that suppose to make this better? By reading these responses, I think the problem is much more far spread than you all thought, and you really need to take a little more time to see if there’s anything you can do. The enchanting mats I got were worthless, I would really like to feel like you all are at least trying a little harder to get me back all other stuff I lost.

9 Likes

Intended. Blizzard thanks you for your sacrafice.

1 Like

I feel the same way. I had a guild that raided for a few expansions. Also personal guild vaults that have had stuff since about the game launched that we cant get back. Transmogs with almost 1% drop rate or unobtainables. I dont feel or believe based on Blizzards actions and blue posts they have any intention to restore us back to normal. I dont understand how they cannot just use the restoration process like they always did back in the day when something happened with a guild vault. Makes me believe they are looking like it is not cost effective for them to do it and so they give us the middle finger and hope they dont lose too many subs.

5 Likes

I watched that too. Great to see someone post on it.

2 Likes