Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Yea, their post really downplays the fact that entire guild banks were lost with nothing restored. How is it that an addon can remember what was once in a guild bank but Blizzard can’t?

2 Likes

Because your add-on data is saved on your computer and only you have access to it, but the actual guild bank data is stored in a data center that is accessed by millions of people.

In the same boat here. A ton of items from my personal guild bank are missing, including a bunch of pets. I had been waiting and watching for a fix, but the only thing I received in the mail was 1000 Shrouded Cloth.

1 Like

I can’t wait until they lock this thread too. I lost almost everything out of a seven tab bank that was completely full, and all they could restore was some old cloth THAT I PUT IN THE GBANK AFTER EVERYTHING WENT MISSING. I’ve paid about $150AUD the last couple months for this game, and the best they can do is “oh sorry lol also stop posting about it”? Nah, that’s garbage. I’m not shutting up about this until we get a proper resolution.

4 Likes

Evergreen? What a farce. Nothing in this game lasts, not even the game itself. I hope that netease is paying them well because they’ll lose a big chunk of the western world after this.

2 Likes

The only thing Blizzard will respond to is their bottom line ($). It is time to take drastic measures. It is time to boycott all Activision-Blizzard games until they acknowledge and fix this issue. To say they have handled this massive issue poorly is an understatement. If hundreds of thousands or millions of players stop paying them money, watch how quickly this gets fixed. Join me with the hundreds of other players that have already unsubbed and deleted every game belonging to Activision-Blizzard! Time to boycott!

I’m going to repost this every day for at least 30 days. My first post of this was on 9/10/2024 on a thread that was locked after over 38.6k views and 2.6k responses. Then they deleted 2 more similar threads. It is time for the Activision-Blizzard community to boycott AND be enraged that our collective voices are being strangled! Spread this message everywhere! WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!!

Saurfang Alliance Guild “Mishmash” GM Velcoe. Guild bank still completely empty after a month. I am the only user in the guild as it was a family alt guild and my wife and son no longer play. It has NOT been hacked and is part of the ongoing issues you have had with disappearing items. 7 tabs that were very full to almost completely empty with me removing the very few items left.

I am disheartened the other thread was closed, without comment, and without my items returned. This is very concerning.

6 Likes

I’m angry. They can refund ‘coinage’ of the masses of players with a patch or expansion, but somehow your guild bank can just be ‘robbed’. There is NO reason this could happen. None…to me this is intentional. There is something behind this action. They are not going to restore the items, they said it. This is huge in my opinion. They CAN restore this but they won’t… that is my opinion. They have the ability but they will not as a blue post said. Too bad? I don’t accept this.

Sad to see the other thread on this topic closed, also. Apparently we don’t deserve to be upset and voice it here on the forums because of a MAJOR error made on Blizzard’s part. The way this has been handled, from start to finish, is honestly disgraceful.

We lost 100% of all 7 of our tabs. We got back 14 goblin gliders in one piece of mail. That’s it…after waiting over a month with no comment on US forums about the issue. What the heck is that? How it is acceptable that there were no backups of our data when our bank sat mostly untouched for close to a year while no one in our guild was playing Dragonflight? I do not believe it.

8 Likes

Thanks for this. I didn’t realize I could post here without an active sub. That obviously complicates the matter of logging in and checking on my guild master mailboxes but it sounds like I’m going to get screwed anyway. What an appalling response from the powers that be.

1 Like

Sad to say this but here the reply from Blizzard Ticket about guld bank missing items.

Your ticket has received the following response:

Hello, game master (name) here, thanks for contacting us!

Apologies for taking a bit longer than normal to respond.

I completely understand the frustration on this matter and the fact that you are disappointed. A forum post explaining the investigation into this issue and the outcome has been posted on the US forums which you can read here:

Guild Bank Missing Items Update (US region)

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/guild-bank-missing-items-update/538628 (EU region)

Please make sure that you post your feedback in there. We as support will be unable to provide any kind of restoration on this matter, and creating a ticket about this, will not resolve this issue for you. We will also be unable to escalate a request like this internally. We will additionally be unable to accept any kind of screenshot or list as evidence of missing items.

I appreciate that this may be a disappointing outcome, regrettably there are limitations in what can be provided back due to the lack of logs.

Thanks for understanding.

Take care.

So yeah that is what i got from them and lost for words.

2 Likes

No, three streamers have outright said they were affected by the bug, but got everything restored within only a few days.

1 Like

Yep, I got back the exact same response. And the “lack of logs” bit really irks me. My guild bank logs SHOW things that were deposited and never removed, that aren’t in there any more. So the players somehow have access but Blizzard doesn’t??? Absolute joke of a response

7 Likes

There has finally been a response to this. For some reason posted in General rather than here. Guild Bank Missing Items Update

2 Likes

“Sorry, we tried, can’t do squat” is not a response and shouldn’t be accepted as one. “The issue was resolved. You don’t have to wait to use the guild bank.” is nonsense. The issue isn’t resolved until people either get their items back, or compensation. Do you really feel comfortable putting things back in the guild bank when it was already deleted once? Would you trust a bank with your money if they’d already stolen from you before?

4 Likes

Objection hearsay

1 Like

This and only this. I literally have guild banks that are completely empty, you can even see the logs full of deposits, and I didn’t get a single one of those items back? They literally just waited a month to see if this would die on it’s own, and when it didn’t, gave us this response and we all rushed to our Guild Masters to see our stuff, and at least for me, only 1 of 21 guild masters got anything, and that one got 16 Leybloods. That’s IT.

3 Likes

Y’all know that QA doesn’t care, right? You’re not even yelling at the right people.

2 Likes

Another ticket later, more mails coming? Feels like a “stay subbed just in case!!!” response tbh.

As my previous colleague stated, our developers heard the players’ feedback, and I am happy to say that the bugged issue is resolved.
However, we will ask our players to wait for some time, since the mails sent to the Guildmasters may take several weeks to arrive.
We don’t have any information on how many letters there will be or how long the entire process will take, but I can assure you that the guild bank goods will be sent in parts, in separated mails.
Customer support cannot speed up this process. Be sure to check the mail!
As for compensations, Customer Support does not provide compensation to individual players. If the decision to provide compensation is taken,
that decision will come from the dev team and will be applied to all affected players, meaning that we cannot influence this process.
Thank you for your consideration, patience and for sticking with World of Warcraft through thick and thin. It is truly appreciated.
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to come back to us.

2 Likes