Guild Bank Missing Items Update

At Blizzcon 2018, someone posted a fake question to get in front of the mic, then asked the “is this an out of season April Fools joke” about their garbage mobile “game”. Really embarassed them, so they don’t allow that anymore.

3 Likes

Yup. I had the page still open in a browser tab, and that first post is now gone. I hope no one’s getting in trouble.

1 Like

Dev: DROP DATABASE guildbank
Also Dev: OH *$#%! I MEANT DROP DATABASE guildbankptr!
Still Also Dev: badges out and takes half day vacation plus ‘next week’ off

But, legit, this does call into question the extent of Blizzard’s backup protocol. Like, are they just doing log backups (transaction logs made by the database; probably SQL)? Because it’s pretty clear they didn’t do a full backup; if they had this would have been “undone” by an emergency maintenance.

So…this means, as I stated in an article, Blizzard is one ‘dropped table’ away from rolling World of Warcraft back to November 23, 2004; in terms of character/guild data.

5 Likes

Got a link for that? I’m curious. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

My entire guild bank has been empty since launch. Is there remedy for this at all?

4 Likes

Same case, still waiting.

2 Likes

Has there been any eta mentioned? Or an explanation of the issue? Feels kinda bad to lose nearly 20 years of stuff.

1 Like

Same here, lost so many old items I was collecting.

2 Likes

Has there still been no fix for this? Are we to just concede that nearly decades of collected items are just gone?

1 Like

There is a mega thread, and there are hundreds, thousands, or more, of us that have lost everything in our guild vaults. Blizzard won’t talk about it, and even the YouTuber personality people won’t mention it. Interesting isn’t it?

2 Likes

That’s depressing. Crazy that it’s seemingly just being ignored.

There was a blue post in GD about it a short while ago.

That post is misleading. 95% of the items were permanently lost. Very little is actually being restored.

5 Likes

I posted this before here is a twitch video explaining my situation the same situation many others have.

My guild: Regulatørs on Hyjal. Been open since 2010, I have been playing since 2005.

So far I have not received one item back and I made a ticket just as the error was first encountered. I am hearing stories of many people who are in the same situation or worse. Please tell me you haven’t given up on this issue.

Throughout the weeks this has been going on I have realized that many of my videos contained images of my guild bank tabs and how I use them in raids. I could go through the effort of taking screenshots of each video and tab I have opened in the past if needed. Sadly I don’t think it would help since they are locking up threads rather than helping people.

15 Likes

I know about that post however those item returns are not happening for most of us and the big thread with over 2K posts has just been closed. Other threads are opening up however there is an excuse going around saying streamers were fixed first and early access people were not effected. I am not a big name streamer but I have had my twitch account for a while and yes I had beta access and was effected.

Anyway thanks for posting.

10 Likes

Sooo, unfounded rumors?

The issue is that message is hardly accurate. I had 21 guilds affected, of those, 1 Guild Master got a mail. A stack of 16 Leyblood’s were returned. That’s it. 5 of the 21 guilds are COMPLETELY empty, 100% of the items GONE. The rest suffered losses in the 80+% range. Nothing was fixed, this is them sweeping it under the rug and moving on.

And oh yeah, I bought Early Access, still lost all my stuff!

9 Likes

I received 3 items worth a few thousand gold back. Millions of gold in items are still missing. It’s so disheartening. I was enjoying the new expansion, and was hopeful most would be restored when they figured out the best way to do it utilizing backups. I’ve lost the desire to play. So many hours of work to gather all that stuff for nothing.

5 Likes