Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Looks fake to me because every ticket I’ve filed about this issue was closed without comment by a CS agent. In addition other tickets about totally unrelated issues were also closed without comment by customer support.

There are GM’s that will go above and beyond and give as much information as they have. I don’t believe that person made it up. There’s no reason for them to.

3 Likes

I understand. However, this magnitude of a nightmare should be handled a bit more delicately (as we all saw), considering all eyes are on them right now, or maybe just our eyes.

If that is indeed what is going to happen, that we get all/most (a real most, not 2% of what we had), I appreciate that GM sharing that information with that one person, but it shouldn’t be up to that person to tell us; it should be Blizzard. If Blizzard snapped out of it and was like “holy moly, our message wasn’t clear, this is what we’re gonna do”; then update your thread with that new information for all of us. We live in this thread and we have the right to know what the next step is because there has to be a next step.

Also, I saw someone mention something that made me dig out the actual quote:

“I think we should have listened more to the player base."

If that’s what you guys said at the end of August of this year, AFTER this problem started, maybe apply what you said and listen to us right now.

9 Likes

I’ve been playing this game with friends I’ve known for over 15 years, and those memories are deeply meaningful to me and my guild. Blizzard used to take this seriously, but now it feels like that connection is being disregarded. There are items that hold sentimental value, reminding us of old raids, the last material we farmed, or even our final boss kill. These memories matter, and it feels like the company no longer recognizes that. We don’t even realize half of what’s missing, because those reminders are now gone. Blizzard used to understand this, but not anymore. I know Linxy and folks, you guys rock. This is maybe just a sign that this isn’t the place for us anymore. To not respect our time and memories, is honestly deeply insulting.

8 Likes

Managing expectations and cooling out the customers while it blows over are two reasons. These are common tactics among corporations and have been for decades. By the time the whole truth comes out, it’s called “old news” or more likely just forgotten.

7 Likes

Tickets are commonly closed without comment by customer support, lots of complaints about that recently and before this year I’d never heard of that happening. So I agree something’s changed, and not for the better.

4 Likes

Yes, I 100% agree, but I don’t blame CS or the blues because that’s just shooting the messenger.

2 Likes

Well yes, but if they were going to string us along, they would string us along with an announcement, not an answer to one person’s ticket.

2 Likes

I got back several level 1 holiday pets. No other types.

IF, as that ticket response suggests, the restoration is not complete and is being done in waves, and it’s taking time because of the magnitude…I think most if not all of us would be ok with that. Just COMMUNICATE, that’s all we ask.

8 Likes

I had Early Access as well and still lost over 90 percent of my guild bank. I had a measly ten items restored and I am fairly sure some of them weren’t even in my GB to start with. They were all worthless items, regardless.

1 Like

Oh, I do not either. But I feel like that information has to be validated before sending it out to a player/paying customer. If that message is true, which I want to believe that it is, that GM had that information validated considering they probably all know this is one of the hottest topics right now. They can’t say random things and make things worse or give us more false hope. I know they are doing their job and I definitely appreciate that. But this would be so easy to fix if they could level up their communication skills.

What that GM said is great, and if true, that should have been reported in the actual message. If this is new information that didn’t exist at the time of the original message (last friday), then update it. Because we cant sit around wondering what they meant by that blue post and put words in their mouth and be like well maybe this is what they meant.

The longer they wait this out, the more I feel like they are just wanting us to let go. They are standing there with the broom, waiting for us to stop talking about this so they can start sweeping away. This is how I feel after reading all our messages and all the hurt everyone experienced.

It’s temporary pixels, sure. It’s a live service game that will die one day, sure. Most importantly, this is a GAME, sure. But it’s not just about the pixels we keep in our bank, it was also the way we felt when we got that drop, how those letters made us feel special for having known that person, how we enjoy safekeeping for different reasons, for admiring our accomplishments, for looking at our stuff and going hey, this collection is awesome. This is where I chose to spend my time when I’m not working. Since Wrath. So when I choose to pay for my account to play, I expect my things that I kept to stay. Till the game shuts down or I quit. Anything in between is unacceptable.

11 Likes

Even IF you quit your stuff should stay. Because people can and do come back, sometimes after years. Like I did. After leaving at the end of Legion, coming back for 2 months in the start of Shadowlands, leaving again (at the time I thought for good) because it sucked, only to have Dragonflight bring me back after proving itself to be good.

3 Likes

Like how I worked my a$$ off one year to get a couple of extra trucks shipped out, and my reward was a crappy $5 pizza from the gas station next door and a monotone “Thanks for that”.

4 Likes

Assuming Blizzard does not do anything else with this, I really wish someone would throw them the question during an interview or in a Q&A like at BlizzCon in the future .

6 Likes

They curate those questions in advance after the “out of season April Fools joke” that got through in 2018.

That’s definitely fair and I agree ! I meant that more in the sense of : when I decide to quit, I wont care what happens to my account because I wont be coming back. As much as I love WoW, playing an mmo is definitely something that eats up a lot of time.

The difference there is choice. If we decide to quit, we decide to give up all the things. This situation was like being hacked and then finding out that Blizz was the hacker. Someone put out a YT video calling it a bank heist…I think they perfectly conveyed how bad this feels.

3 Likes

Oh hey, that thread got deleted

:slight_smile:

Edit : As per what he said:

This post is now in this thread, found here :

Edited with the GM name out and slightly different posted message (unless that got edited after) Anyways. Added this to my original post to not be misleading.

3 Likes

I either forgot this or didn’t hear about it, could you refresh my memory?