Guild Bank Missing Items Update

They could give GMs back their power to restore items freely, if only for people affected by this very specific issue. It would be a slow and incomplete process, but at least something could be done then besides dismissive canned auto-responses.

3 Likes

Think of it like that little girlā€™s closet in the movie Poltergeist.

You open the door, store your stuff and everything is neat, tidy and clean and all is well. Then one day you (much like the little girl) open the door and there is nothing but a big swirling void that sucked everything out of it. :cyclone: :cyclone: :cyclone: :cyclone: :cyclone: :cyclone:

6 Likes

I got EXTREMELY lucky. When I came back for Dragonflight, I saw how much space Iā€™d need for profession stuff, and I basically completely liquidated everything pre-Legion, sold it all. And I only ever kept stuff in the guild bank if it was used for more than one profession. So I just had miscellaneousā€¦stuff from previous expansions of little value, along with what I collected during Dragonflight. I did lose someā€¦but not really all that much, and Iā€™d say after the mails (and a mysterious ā€œrestorationā€ where stuff reappeared in my guild banks), I got back maybe 75% of what I did lose. Iā€™m still pretty certain Iā€™m missing stuff like volatile elements from Cataclysm. But I donā€™t really need it at the moment. So I consider myself ā€œmostly okā€. And if I need any old mats I can go find some (though itā€™s unlikely Iā€™ll need them).

I feel for anyone who lost a large amount of stuff. I still have no idea why, a week or two ago, stuff reappeared in my guild banks that was definitely gone before. Maybe they thought I was a streamer at first and started, then realized I wasnā€™t and stopped? LOL.

I have a feeling I wouldā€™ve been boned if I hadnā€™t liquidated everything of value mid-Dragonflight when I returned to the game.

2 Likes

Where is the incentive to continue playing when you trust that the Guild vault of all things is going to be a safe place for items. Not only did we lose a item. We LOST an ENTIRE VAULT? How is that acceptable with anyone? It is what it is, that is not where we are at. We are paying for a service that is not being rendered. They have no legal justification on not to make this right. Either with free game time, gold value given per tab lost, or something as just saying we cant do anything is just a poor verbiage of saying we dont care.

12 Likes

Iā€™m just glad I didnā€™t, say, buy wow tokens with cash, and use the gold to buy stuff, which was then put into these obviously volatile and unreliable storage locations, amd have them get deleted.

That would be/is legit theft IMHO. Of course when you click Accept, you agree to let them stick whatever they want wherever they want in or on your person, so your money spent means nothing except that it is now THEIR money, sucka.

5 Likes

Simple answer, there is none.

The only recourse is to cancel subs. Feels bad due to time investment, but this event has shown our time investment doesnā€™t mean :poop: anyway.

10 Likes

I mean think of how massive the loss has been across this game? How many hours of game play, time spent, gold spent, effort, grinding, etc. Yet no effort seen at all from Blizz to make things rightā€¦

6 Likes

From trying to comment on those sites, even quite politely, wellā€¦the comments donā€™t end up posted.

I mean, i get how they make their money, but i didnt realize just how far down they have given up even the pretense of reporting anything that includes negatives.

6 Likes

How can the affected read this & not think this was cause you didnt try as hard as you did for your influencerā€™s & Early Access owners, thats why they were unaffected. So now the poor folks sry #BaseWarcraft owners get robbed & live with it & with ZERO compensations.

2 Likes

Sadly there isnā€™t really such a thing as unbiased news. Everything is tainted by money. Everything.

5 Likes

FYI, I had early access. This affected us as well.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what they did. They probably had a dedicated team to restore influencer guild banks silently before they even noticed anything was gone. But they wonā€™t do that for normal players.

11 Likes

Same, granted I didnā€™t even get to use it because my vacation time was canceled last minute because several people called in ā€œsickā€.

I really love that they locked the thread in the bug report forums. This bug is NOT fixed, I donā€™t have my items back.

9 Likes

Shoulda been a streamer I guess, supposedly anyway, as I personally donā€™t know any, and donā€™t watch wow footage unless it was to figure out a raid boss.

Be curious to know for 100% sure if favorites have indeed been played.

3 Likes

I can 99.5% guarantee that they manually restored ā€œimportantā€ peopleā€™s guild banks.

12 Likes

To them it is.

I would advise cancelling your sub(s), and finding something else to do, all thatā€™s left here is disappointment and ill will, and no trust.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve locked quite a few of the bug threads about this now. As well as some of the Customer Support and General Discussion ones. There were people actively posting in all of them.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad there are at least a couple of articles/videos talking about it now. Not any big brand name ones, but still. Maybe it will catch fire.

I know people will keep opening new discussions here if they keep closing them. We are DISCUSSING it and itā€™s still an issue. So good.

7 Likes

They are trying to hide it under the rug and force us to move on and forget. How can you forget about a Vault that had items all the way back to 2004!!!

17 Likes