Guild Bank Missing Items Update

They’re genuinely in denial if they think people will just forget. It’s a gut punch every time we log in.

13 Likes

Anyone who thinks about it for a few seconds can understand why it’s unacceptable. What if it were your ALL of your achievements that got erased? Mounts? Pets? PvP rating? Titles? Reps? Appearances? Guild? Whatever about the game floats your boat…if they erased all of it for the last two decades. You would care. So of course it matters, even if it didn’t affect you personally.

22 Likes

Pre-Order Early Access player here with THREE guild banks affected at a 80-90% LOSS of items. Let’s not go after each other, we are not the bad guys here.

12 Likes

Oh they most certainly do, not a doubt in my mind that streamers have access to “priority” help

You should go watch a VOD of LiquidMax’s stream from yesterday (Sunday 9/22/2024). During the stream, live on the air a Blizzard GM made an appearance right there in their raid to fix some sort of bug/issue one of their players was having. I happened to be watching the stream in the background and overheard the Liquid raiders joking about the GM suddenly appearing right there in the raid (overhearing a few “ask him to kill the boss for us”-style jokes gave it away)

Like, the GM literally fixed the bug/problem right there on the spot for them, there wasn’t any of this “total silence for a month” or “sorry, we can’t do anything” that us mere mortals/peasants get when we have a bug… talk about customer service! And on a Sunday as well! :joy:

I don’t have a timestamp handy since I just had it running in the background on a different monitor and was using it as background noise/white noise, but you can probably find the segment yourself if you go sift thru a replay - what I do remember is that it happened about 2 hours before their Ky’veza kill

Anyways, I bring this up because we can draw a few conclusions from the incident:

1. they DO have some sort of 24/7 “rapid response” staff that is able to fix bugs/glitches on the fly
  2. they ARE capable of fixing things “by hand” or “manually” to make a player whole (contrary to their claim that they can’t do anything)… but said relief is apparently only reserved for big or popular streamers/influencers
  3. the “response time” is almost instant for big/popular streamers, said Liquid player only started having a bug/issue a few hours earlier… and the bug/issue was resolved the same day

I don’t think it was always this way though, at some point it changed - i’m guessing as more and more layoffs happened. As far back as 2006 I do remember interacting with actual real-life human being GMs inside the game when I put in a ticket… but in 2024 everything seems to be automated “generic” response emails and you don’t get to talk to an actual real-life human being unless you press the issue… usually it requires multiple appeals or “escalations” to get thru to a real-life human being

12 Likes

So 2/4 items restored were shovels for DF dirtpiles.

WITH NO CHARGES LEFT IN THEM.

LOL this trolling is levels deep. Good one Blizz. Good one.

11 Likes

I have all my tabs wiped, 2 tabs full of mats from every xpac, very rare and expensive items, and until now I only received 1 item. Just my guild bank logs from one month ago show more things than that.

2 Likes

Apparently that is them doing their best eh

5 Likes

I posted this almost a month ago:

I still have not recieved any of my items back.

Been playing since 2005, have had my guild since 2010…

13 Likes

There is an open bug that is effecting old exalted reputations being set to neutral, and removing achievements, and the mounts, toys, titles, etc that were associated with them. It was introduced at the same time.

There are a number of people that accidently deleted characters when a bug was deleting the first in the favorites screen rather than the one selected. At the time, character undelete was disabled. CS told them to wait for the feature to come back. Now the undelete is back and it’s not working for many of the characters, and instead gives an error that says to try again later.

3 Likes

There is an open bug that is effecting old exalted reputations being set to neutral, and removing achievements, and the mounts, toys, titles, etc that were associated with them. It was introduced at the same time.

There are a number of people that accidently deleted characters when a bug was deleting the first in the favorites screen rather than the one selected. At the time, character undelete was disabled. CS told them to wait for the feature to come back. Now the undelete is back and it’s not working for many of the characters, and instead gives an error that says to try again later.

Please don’t cross-contaminate this thread with other bugs.

Also early beta access did not save me from the bug.

1 Like

Early access player here, both of my personal guild banks were affected. Thankfully I didn’t really have anything of value in either of them. I sold off everything of value when I returned for Dragonflight.

2 Likes

This is what I should have done. Hindsight.

I have been trying to empty my guild banks and have most stuff up on the AH or sold that was left because I honestly don’t trust blizzard anymore.

2 Likes

I got a handful of holiday stuff back, pumpkins and stuff to change your mount and such. That’s it. Unless they’re sending out another batch of mail, everything else I had is lost. Probably 80-85% of my bank. Years worth.
I thought they said our stuff was still there, just invisible, not gone. I’m really upset about this.

5 Likes

Basically, this is not a single event. It fast becoming a trend going forward with this company since MSFT acquisition. With the way this bug was handled, there is no reason to think others will be handled any differently.

I have stayed civil and truly give them time to work with us to save customer loyalty. To prove to myself that this was actually just a cataclysmic one-off event on their part and that they still care about the players as their mission statements claim. Some part of me thought that they might come forward in the new week and try to make amends with those effected. This doesn’t mean getting things back that you couldn’t. It means acknowledgement of the severity of the issue, and some sort of restitution.

Last chance guys.

Is this one and done faceless “resolution” notification the end all to this? Are you saying that our decades long loyalty was only worth the “nothing much” you sent me in the mail.

15 Likes

Believe me, I hadn’t planned on this happening. I just looked at my available storage (all toons, reagant tabs, guild banks, etc), and went “Ok, professions are taking up more and more space, there is really no reason for me to be hanging onto these old materials. All my toons are at least Legion in their crafting, so I don’t need them for levelling either.”

2 Likes

It’s worth noting … especially for those who are trolling and “boo-hooing” those of us who lost stuff from their guild vaults … that there are starting to be the occasional report of people having the personal character banks wiped too … nothing is safe.

I’d suggest selling it in the auction house and storing the gold - but I’ve also seen reports of gold going missing too …

For example:

4 Likes

I’ve checked…my personal banks, void storage, and warbank are all untouched. Everything is right where it should be. Hopefully that person is just mistaken, or their account got hacked or something.

1 Like

Still thousands of items missing, none returned.

10 Likes

Early Access and they boned me on two banks full of mats and a partial bank of random stuff, so no, we were neither exempt nor safe from this ‘error’.

7 Likes

Ok so I just talked to a friend who has been on a break until she gets the expansion…she checked her guild bank, and she only lost 5 items, and the 5 slots she lost were worthless stuff she doesn’t care about (she’s a packrat). I had to tell her she’s extremely lucky.

4 Likes