Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Don’t think so, Think the issue has to do with introducing ‘warband’ scope level gear access.

Just a guess but I think the data migration did not set all items that should be warband to warband, but instead set them to soulbound instead, and that caused problems with guild and warband bank tabs that don’t accept soulbound items in them.

1 Like

The fact that this isn’t more of an outrage by the rest of the player base is why this is a perpetual problem. Things like that need to be cited and made clear that this is why we are quitting. It isn’t the loss of items. It isn’t the bug. It’s the discriminatory service and class division between the elite players and the rest of us. Numerous times it has been proven things that Blizzard claims they “can’t” do, they clearly can, because they do it for streamers.
I have been trying to call attention to it for years, but I either get ignored, or threatened with account actions for providing evidence. Nothing will get better, so long as people keep pretending these things don’t happen, and buy into Blizzard’s excuses as to why they can restore Asmongold’s wiped guild bank and not yours.

3 Likes

From “Warthinator-earthfury, post:896, topic:1963451”
“The news received a mixed response from World of Warcraft players, but some thanked Blizzard for providing an update on the guild bank issues.”

gamerant dot com
/world-of-warcraft-guild-banks-items-missing-gone-war-within/

A comment was added to the Game Rant article on this issue to clarify that:
CUSTOMER REPONSE IS NOT MIXED.

Looks like I’ll be logging into my Steam account for the first time in 5+ years. I’ve heard good things about Salt 2.

2 Likes

This purchase of Blizzard had nothing to do with product prestige. It was about enlarging their influence in the gaming industry, and they’ve outright said as much.

They don’t care about the game or the IP any further than that.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

You mean, we won’t get MOST things restored. Nothing other than a few partial amounts of mats, quest items, and chargeless items. A lot of folks receiving nothing at all.

2 Likes

I’ve saved stuff from vanilla. GB’s didn’t exist, then.

My stuff was in my GB, though. :frowning:

2 Likes

NO, it will change nothing

1 Like

Just looked, didn’t see it. In fact, there’s no comments for it …

I logged into my Steam account for the first time since 2017. Not sure who else is into FPS, but the new re-release of the entire DooM series with new additional content is fire. :fire: :fire:
They also remade Blood, which is pretty cool also.
Think I’ll go back to what I used to squander the majority of my time on, before I started WoW.

3 Likes

So they are still there. @___@ Apparently, just not for the rest of us. Most of us. Basically anyone that’s not a streamer? O,o The heck?

I remember when GM’s would get in touch with you, in game; it was actually kinda fun because they brought a creative edge to it. I’ve had them move my characters, talk to me while my character was falling endlessly under Auchendoun while they fixed it, push along a broken quest that I couldn’t turn-in (part of a chain that I needed to continue; if I didn’t turn in the quest, it wouldn’t have been possible. That GM made it possible, that day.)

4 Likes

So has everything been sent out that will be sent out? I’ve checked across multiple affected guild banks and none of my toons have received any mailed mats back that were lost. If it’s all done and this is the best you can do, you need to hire new database guys. Former database guy here. The data is there, they’re being lazy and they’re not being lazy about something little, this is a core trust issue with the game. Things were pretty rock solid for close to 20 years and then POOF, it’s gone? C’mon, man. I’m all for positivity and everybody does a good job and all that, but JOO TOOK OUR STUFFS, GIB IT BACK.

3 Likes

I’ve been having a problem playing, too, like some folks mentioned: “What’s the point?”

I love healing (esp as pally) in the game, but I also liked saving goofy stuff I came across.

I get in the game and do a bit, but I haven’t been exploring TWW like I was. Now I’m just kinda… drifting around…

Not sure what to do.

If they’re going to wipe the regular banks, too, that sounds horrible.

I always counted on Bliz to do the right thing, customer service wise. Hearing about their new customer-no-service, except apparently for popular streamers(??), I wasn’t happy about GM’s sending a copy/pasted message. But this situation is totally crazy to leave it hanging like this.

I’m afraid for my characters and to invest more time in them.

I also /give everybody a very big hug, because this sucks.

6 Likes

“An unexpected bug caused one of our maintenance processes to make some items disappear.” … And you’re seriously implying that you didn’t have a server backup to restore things if an update went wrong? I mean hell, backing files up is pretty damn standard, and you’re saying you don’t have a backup? Or are you just saying you don’t wanna deal with going through the effort of restoring data from the backup :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I have 2 guilds affected by this screw up, and more than just a LOT of mats went missing. I got a few things in the mail a couple days ago for 1 guild, nothing so far on the other. My guild banks were FULL, and I haven’t moved anything in them, thinking you’d be restoring stuff to where it was (not an unrealistic or unreasonable expectation). A lot of time & effort went into farming things. If you can’t (won’t) restore everything, don’t expect us to just shrug & say ‘thanks anyway’. We should be appropriately & fairly compensated.

5 Likes

Every day I go to my guild bank, open it and feel sad.
I created the guild with my children in MoP. “Mana Bomb”, Ragnaros US.
The guild grew, we became heroic and then mythical.
In the guild bank there were many things left by my children, my then guildies, friends.
In Legion my children stopped playing, I continued. The guild emptied, I removed my main and left a GM alt. Even the paid tab had - has - that bank.
The bank is empty, I’m not a streamer, I’m just a 62-year-old gamer “refugee” in Azeroth, my fantasy world.
My little fantasy world was broken.
Nobody cares, I do.
In the company it seems that no one takes into account that for many of us - for whatever reasons - Azeroth is our place in the world.

A big hug from the far south for all those who feel the way I feel.

11 Likes

I feel you. Azeroth was our sanctuary from the real world and all its annoyances and bad things. We could log in and do quests, try to progress in dungeons or raids, take out frustration in the battlegrounds by nuking enemies, trying to sell stuff in trade to get some wealth, or just hang out with friends. It was our way of ignoring the crap we have to expose ourselves to every day in the world, and just take a small break from it. That’s been taken from us, because now we have to fight to not have it torn away through poor quality content updates with bugs that strip tiny bits of it away. Feels bad, man. :disappointed:

6 Likes

The WoW game screen has been (invisibly) watermarked for, like, forever. Your player ID, time, IP, realm, and assorted other info is embedded in any actual screenshot. In most cases Blizzard can identify whether a screenshot reflects an actual in-game reality.

1 Like

Anyone see the post in the forums that got merged into this one or maybe the one in bug report forums? It’s locked, but at the bottom of the page it says it’s going to be deleted in 5 days. It mentions guild banks not being restored as the topic. None of us are happy about it.

I haven’t seen them do that with other topics before, like the ones about tanks or delve/m+ gear/tuning?

Are they trying to make it not look like :frowning: something

edit: Actually it says 150 topics were moved, so I guess they really don’t want people to see others upset. :frowning:

That’s what the perception is.

At SWTOR it took them a year from the statement “we can not recover your character that was lost during server merge” to “we have restored your char and here is an entire year of SWTOR Premium for free”.

I do not know if the bleeding subs at SWTOR were responsible for their change in attitude or if new staff members were hired, but I learned back then, that companies can make things possible if they want to.

Who knows what will happen in a year from now, maybe they come up with something, but like in my case at SWTOR, i was long gone and never returned, which may happen at WOW too if they act too late.

I tried to play a bit, but I miss everything to progress, it´s so demotivating and I am scared to put anything in the Gbank again.

1 Like