Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Demotivating is the word, for sure. It’s like I hit a brick wall. Never had that happen before, in game. Not like this.

2 Likes

I made an account and added my comment as well. Don’t let people think that Blizzard actually did right and that a lot of people had a positive reaction. (Mixed would imply that many were positive, when you actually read through this, it’s overwhelmingly negative, and rightly so).

1 Like

I doubt it. Don’t see why it would. Many guilds that were affected were one-person guilds. While it may have been caused by cross-realm ACCESS issues, it hit many guilds that did NOT have cross-server (or any kind of mix of) characters.

2 Likes

Many of us saved stuff on “bank toons” before we had guild banks. So the ITEMS could very well have been saved from waay before even the Burning Crusade came out, and once we got guild banks available, people often made one-person guilds (usually by either buying a guild that people wanted to get rid of, or by asking people to sign charters, usually for gold, or by asking many friends).

I know I made my very first “bank toon” because my main was running out of space for all the stupid pages of “The Green Hills of Stranglethorn” and it was easier to make bags (my main is a tailor) for my bank toon, and keep them there. From then, I started sending extra cloth and enchant mats, kept them in my bags in my personal bank until I was able to acquire a guild, and buy the tabs to keep everything (up until NOW) safe and organized. So yes, it is very possible that some of the stuff that were in the guild banks were ACTUALLY FROM VANILLA.

3 Likes

Seven guild tabs went from 100% full to completely empty. Nothing returned. Submitted a ticket in-game and was told to go to the forums and submit a bug report.

This thread isn’t doing much for my hopes of getting anything back.

And how is this not a bigger news story? Twenty year anniversary and poof! Twenty years worth of stuff gone and zero knowledge of if any of it will come back. That seems like it should be creating more of a PR headache than a few forum posts they can sweep under the rug.

4 Likes

I find it extraordinarily difficult to accept that guild bank data has just been ‘lost’. The change to warbands and guild banks was very different and complex, and no one thought to back up the data before changes were implemented? I’m no tech expert but isn’t that ‘backup before upgrade 101’??

Like so many others, I had seven tabs full and I have a total of five items remaining. A grand total of 681 slots of stuff just ‘gone’. Some of it irreplaceable, historical no longer available stuff ‘gone’. Quite a bit of value overall in gold ‘gone’. And all we get is “Oh, whoops sorry”.

Not good enough…

3 Likes

This article addresses this issue, though I did add a comment to express just how BAD it all was. May want to let your voice be heard but be prepared for the Blizzard-super-fans to come and contradict, troll and bully us there. But FINALLY it gets some notice, along with the gamerant article linked in one of the comments above.

It looks like media sites are starting to pick this up. The mega threads here, the posts on reddit, wowhead, and mmo-champion are all painting exactly the same picture across the board. The “resolution” posted here does not accurately reflect what is actually occurring in game. The entire 5 week process was a disaster in communication, and the actual final resolution was insulting. You could literally make a graph of the bug forum post showing the loyalty of decades-long customers go from confident to hopeful to uncertain to furious to quitting. It is my belief that the majority of us that are still here have that last shred of hope that you will turn this around.

Was this against the law, absolutely not. But crap service and data loss by a Microsoft company has consequences.

4 Likes

I wonder if Blizzard gave the “go ahead” to start reporting it after telling them that they have “resolved” it. I really want our voices heard out there as some of those sites are really underplaying the impact, as are the dumb bullies who always come out to minimize the issues.

So many of the players affected are long-time players, which makes sense, since over time, people tend to accumulate more stuff, and that STUFF becomes more meaningful. And the thing with long-time players is, we tend to not be as fickle - not as likely to drop WoW for the latest " most popular" game, tend to be loyal, often have ties to the community (guilds, friends, family), often have sunk-cost, have years of memories here. If they are leaving due to this, then it’s a good bet they are not coming back.

I’m sure they’ll throw in some “marketing money” in a few years to ATTEMPT to get those very people back when all they had to do was spend it NOW to keep them, keep their good-will, and positive word-of-mouth (which . . .forget that now).

3 Likes