Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Nope, its not. Just pointing out when people get all bent out of shape because someone has a different opinion.

Yeah, it is.

Where people are getting bent is you belittling THEIR opinion, and then trying to play the victim.

This is a totally big deal to a lot of folks.

Obviously not to you; That’s fine.

Don’t make light of other people’s opinions just because they disagree with you.

:wave: :troll:

9 Likes

I dont mind if people have a different opinion. Why do you think I cant share mine? That seems pretty hypocritical.

I never implied anything of the sort.

See, here you go playing the victim again.

It’s not working.

8 Likes

I am of the opinion that the posters in this forum represent society at large. There is a large number who are very unlikeable and unfriendly, this is probably also reflected in Blizzard staff as they are a part of society at large. This is why the core values statement is just so many empty words and they will do nothing for us because they don’t have to. It is reflected in the game as well and is why I have turned off chat, do no groups, solo delves for vault and treat it like the original Warcraft Orcs and Humans pre WoW.

I’m not suggesting huge piles of gold or game tokens more of a token to say yes we screwed up, we are sorry I know it may not be what you lost but please accept this …(that is up to Blizzard).

Maybe it could be some days of game time per tab, maybe your next guild tab for free but that is up to them to decide.

5 Likes

Whisperwind-From First to Last guild. When it was discovered that items were missing from the vault, I went to report and started following posts that this was a known issue and Blizzard was working on it. I stopped looking when weeks went by and the reply was the same. I just checked and found this post. Does this mean that “we will soon mail to guild leader” has already been done? Has soon occurred? Please answer, as it has been weeks and it would be nice to move on and get over the loss or keep waiting for some items maybe…

4 Likes

It would at least be nice if Blizz could just up and tell us straight out if they can’t restore anything else beyond the pittance they’ve already sent so that folks could stop waiting for something that likely isn’t coming.

At least then people could move on, in whatever way they’re going to.

8 Likes

Ok, then I misunderstood your point. Carry on.

Regardless of compensation at this point, I hope this is a learning point for the future of ongoing issues for blizzard. The bug forum isn’t much better, but I’m more inclined to talk about how frustrating this experience has been with people using the excuse of “this is in GD” to “discuss” and subsequently drown out/derail the topic. The forums shouldn’t have been the only place this big of an issue was brought up anyway.

This too. Clarification, follow up, leaving this for people to try and speak on, who don’t know anything more about what’s going on, for them is doing nothing but pushing people away.

8 Likes

I have no idea how Blizzard handles user data, but online gaming companies can use a combination of strategies to back up user data. This ensures its security, integrity, and availability.

Cloud Storage & Backup
Examples: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure. Cloud storage allows for scalable and secure data management, with redundancy built in across multiple data centers. This ensures that if one server fails, the data can be quickly recovered from another location.

Database Replication
User data is copied in real-time or periodically to multiple databases or servers, often in different geographical locations. This minimizes the risk of data loss if one database is compromised.

Regular Backups
The basics here. Companies schedule incremental and full backups of game progress, user profiles, settings, data, and purchases. This can be done daily, weekly, or even in real-time for high-priority stuff.

Encryption
To protect user data during storage and transmission, companies use encryption protocols for data at rest and SSL/TLS for data in transit. Encrypted data is much harder to access in the event of a security breach.

Versioning and Snapshots
Some systems use snapshot technology to capture the state of the data at specific intervals. If something goes wrong (data corruption or accidental deletion), the system can restore the data from a previous snapshot.

Disaster Recovery Plans
Blizzard should have a disaster recovery plan that outlines how to restore user data and game services in the event of failure. This might involve bringing in backup servers, switching to secondary data centers, or using backups stored offline.

Data Integrity and Auditing
Advanced systems monitor the integrity of stored data through checksums or hash functions, ensuring it remains unaltered. Audit logs track changes to the data, which helps prevent and recover from corruption or accidental deletions.

RAID and Geo-Redundancy
Many companies employ RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) for storing data on multiple hard drives to avoid single points of failure. Geo-redundancy ensures data is replicated across multiple regions or countries, reducing risk of loss due to localized outages or disasters.

These are some reasons I have a hard time believing our data is truly lost. I would like Blizzard to discuss how they protect user data and also shed some light on what happened after the bug deleted items. Do I expect they will? No, but my in-game ticket told me to come to this forum and express my concerns and ask questions, so that’s what I’m doing.

13 Likes

The one and only time any restoration mail was sent out relating to this debacle was the same day of Linxy’s post (Sept 20).  There’s been a couple posters saying they had more recently been sent some, but I’m far more inclined to believe that they either A) didn’t check until now; or B) the system didn’t populate the mailbox until the customer logged on to the particular character.

As for whether there’ll be any more sent out, we’ve had absolutely bubkes from the devs on that front.  Customer support reps don’t have any reliable information either.  :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

The other factor to consider when it comes to cancelled subscriptions that affect the overall stock price, etc, is that the information would need to be shared by Microsoft to their shareholders – on an earnings call.

AFAIK, Blizzard stopped sharing subscriber count ages ago and I can’t imagine that subscriber count has returned as a metric as part of a company that is as large as Microsoft is.

After doing some research, Microsoft seems to work on a different fiscal year than a calendar year. They finished their fourth quarter of 2024 on June 30, 2024. That means that July, August and September of 2024 will be their first quarter of 2025. And they have yet to report earnings on that. It appears that their earnings call with investors will be on October 30, 2024, to discuss their fiscal year 2025 Q1 earnings.

Not that there’s a separate line item for Blizzard games or WoW specifically, but I suspect that any losses that took place in September will be hidden by the launch of TWW in August.

The real one to watch for will probably happen at the end of January, covering October, November and December, or Microsoft’s fiscal year 2025 Q2.

All of that to say that we still have some time to make some noise and get a decent outcome, and if we don’t, we still have time for it to show up on the books to make a dent.

14 Likes

Hello and thank you for your help by using your youtube channel.

I did sub and continue to watch for updates there.

Thanks
Have a great day

Sep

8 Likes

I am with Sep and would like to say thank you as well.

9 Likes

If there was reliable proof, we would have been compensated, or received the items back. Suing for something you can’t prove you had or lost, something you don’t even own in the first place (sucks, but that’s what it is), is so easily ignored by Bliz their in-house clerks would reply to anyone insane enough to take the case.

2 Likes

Pretty sure some bean counter has done the financial projections and determined that the potential loss is lower than the cost to fix it.

12 Likes

Yea but they have to actually use these technologies and use the correctly – something I suspect is missing from Blizzard.

I also subbed!

4 Likes

Is this ever going to get fixed or resolved?

8 Likes