Guild Bank Missing Items Update

I agree, if they can’t offer a full restoration then nothing else will ever make up the sense of loss, or the loss of trust.
That being said, I don’t think it absolves them of the responsibility to do something.
For you and anyone that has unsubbed over this, I advocate for a full refund on TWW and any active game time since the issue arose.

Maybe that’s to difficult to implement at the same time as my other suggestion for those who don’t unsub, idk, but it’s not my job here to manage the solution for Blizzard, I’m only trying to demonstrate for the benefit of everyone following along that solutions, or at least genuine attempts at resolution, exist, if only Blizzard cared enough to pursue them.

1 Like

Let me fix it for you…

They do not have any further information they want to provide. They have it, they just won’t disclose it.

6 Likes

My compensation would be to make my toon (this toon) the most OP toon on my realm. Doesn’t have to be across the whole game, just my realm. I want the POWEERR! :rofl:

Edit: errmmm… I can see them doing that for like 5 seconds during the time I was off-line then saying, “We gave you what you wanted!” LOL /sigh

Sounds like a you problem. Still pinned for me.

This thread is a tragic example of poor communication skills and technical skills on Blizzard.

There was no solution provided. A solution solves something not just says oh well, to bad for you. That is an outcome not a solution - learn the difference.

There is plenty of other thing’s they can do they are just unwilling to do it.

See above response.

6 Likes

I agree with Ranger that this scenario is upside down from what was originally said by the Blues. Supposedly the items were there but couldn’t be seen. Now they are saying it was data loss. To be quite frank, we will never get a straight answer from Blizzard. They have been nothing but evasive to save their necks. One of the last things you ever want to tell a client in the computer business is I lost your valuable data and I can’t retrieve it. That is not a pleasant conversation to have. The path with the least resistance is to use avoidance and not tell the truth. Losing data can break a business because the trust that you can keep it safe is gone. Imagine if Google did this. No one would ever trust Google Storage again. So Blizzard will never be forthcoming or practice any sort of transparency. My inclination says that there was no adequate backup. Somehow the data was overwritten which makes it almost impossible to recover all the files. I mean maybe on a junk drive with a quick format it’s more possible. Like running Disk Drill, you won’t get all the files but you can recover some and hope they are not corrupt. That’s why some people are getting stuff and some are not. If our goods could be recovered it would have been done. It would be in Blizzard’s best interest to do this. Instead, they can’t and have a wildfire that can’t be put out. This is a theory of mine but I am willing to bet this is what happened.

1 Like

I 100% agree.

If they can’t restore my items (and they can, they just won’t) then a month of game times is insulting and keep your pathetic 15.00. It just is insulting and dismissive the stance they’ve taken and honestly the longer they go silent the more dismissive they look. It is indeed textbook what you don’t want to do to your customers.

8 Likes

Data loss in an MMO is particularly concerning and dangerous. Blizzard’s non-response is an open contradiction of their company values about player experience.

This issue, for me, has caused irreparable reputation damage for Blizzard, loss of trust, two canceled subscriptions, and loss of interest in the new TWW expansion.

Also was a huge repeat customer in the gear store, but now I have unsubscribed from all email lists, and will not be making any future purchases there.

Here is Blizzard’s core values. As you read through them, think about your guild bank deleted items, non-restorations, and their lack of communication about it:

Blizzard Entertainment’s core values include:

• Gameplay First
  • Commit to Quality
  • Play Nice; Play Fair
  • Embrace Your Inner Geek
  • Every Voice Matters
  • Learn & Grow
  • Think Globally
  • Lead Responsibly

The company’s values are displayed on its website and are also carved into a runed compass that surrounds a statue of an orc on its Irvine campus.

15 Likes

They did what they could. Nothing else left.

No. They’re done. This is it. We move on.

The solution was they fixed the problem so it doesn’t happen again. The compensation is what failed and there is nothing left they can do there.

There isn’t.

1 Like

This topic is still pinned, and it’s been pinned the entire time.

3 Likes

I think they are done also but as long as we remain a monument to their ineptitude and lack of core values it will not be over or forgotten.

5 Likes

This is literally a thread they made and pinned about the subject.

1 Like

I think you are both correct. There was a moment this morning when it was not showing as pinned for me. I couldn’t even find it in the normal posts. Had to go click on one of responses to me in my profile pic at the top of the page to find it. Then when I checked back again some minutes later, it was pinned again. I did the same thing as him in a thread on the CS forums and said it had been unpinned.

It is showing as pinned to me atm. However, at one point this morning it was not showing to me. Dunno what kind o glitch made that happen.

1 Like

You know less, because you didn’t read the blue post explaining the situation. You can dislike the situation, that is encouraged. But pretending there are additional solutions and they have the information in spite of every official communication is just baseless assumptions.

1 Like

Oh no that is where you are wrong.

Been doing IT for 40+ years for fortune 100 companies from the floor all the way to the c-level - so I know from what I speak of.

I read that disaster of a communication and what it should have said is: Dear customers we lost your stuff, too bad for you, you won’t be getting it back and we don’t care.

No solutions, no resolutions and certainly no assurance it won’t happen again (of course until it does).

7 Likes

Cool, were any of those companies Blizzard during or since the data loss?

2 Likes

No much bigger but thanks for asking.

So, you’re talking about things you have no knowledge on, great.

Wow, you’re a really pleasant person.

2 Likes

haha, i have been pretty open on these forums about my current gig and it’s… not that.

You get what you give.