Guild Bank Missing Items Update

They could clarify if this post is true or just the player making up stuff to elicit false hopes.

Guild Bank Missing Items Update - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Edit: I was about ot post this on the CS thread, but they locked it before I had the chance. lol

2 Likes

No. That was only for the Warbank. And that was Vrakthis posting. It was NOT about the guild bank.

1 Like

Not the way it was posted in the closed and removed thread.

2 Likes

Because there is nothing CS can do. This blue post is all there is. They do not have further information. They cannot do anything about the situation.

Itā€™s been over two weeks. Thereā€™s nothing left. They unpinned this for a reason.

If they could verify what was lost, why would they not restore it? In a world where they know precisely what is missing there is simply no reason they would go ā€œnah, letā€™s upset folks for the lolsā€.

Yes it absolutely was about the Warbank and as far as I know, the thread is in the CS forum, as thatā€™s where Vrakā€™s post is from. It was a thread about the Warbank and Iā€™m pretty sure I even posted the quote in this thread. Which was specifically about the Warbank.

Regardless, I will continue to bring the guild bank fiasco up in every thread and conversation for the next several years whether I get anything back or not, it is blizzardā€™s black eye and I will point it out at any opportunity.

5 Likes

Thank You! I didnā€™t think I was losing my mind when I looked and saw it was unpinned. It has since been ā€œre-pinnedā€ right after I pointed it out in the CS thread. lol

Regardless, I will continue to bring the guild bank fiasco up in every thread and conversation for the next several years whether I get anything back or not, it is blizzardā€™s black eye and I will point it out at any opportunity.

Iā€™m right there with ya Oldranger!

2 Likes

Sometimes beating dead horses prevents more from dying needlessly.

8 Likes

Itā€™s still pinned - at least showing for me. It has the push pin next to the thread title.

It was re-pinned after I made that post.

Why? I donā€™t know. Thereā€™s nothing more to be done. I guess they just want to mitigate the torches and pitchforks.

Edit: actually no. Itā€™s not in the pinned section and the pin is still upside down for me. Meaning unpinned.

You need to redesign the guilds, guild interface and guild vault from scratch.

4 Likes

This needs to be pushed to the point that after I am dead and gone, and my grandkids are playing WoW, that every Blizz developers meeting ends with ā€œjust make sure we donā€™t repeat the guild bank fiascoā€.

3 Likes

Perhaps thatā€™s not the problem. Perhaps its more of a matter of knowing who lost things. Random item deletion with no known trigger makes it hard to track who lost what. Also what was lost and what was moved. Even if you have a perfect working backup its far too late now to rollback every single guild bank in the game. And thatā€™s assuming the most recent backup before this happened is compatible with the new cross realm guild/trade system. If not only the devs can access backups running the older system on a backup server, well beyond a GMs capacity.

No doubt it is a complicated problem, and any solution will be equally complicated and time consuming. The question on everyoneā€™s mind right now, is if Blizzard is indeed committed to a solution, or have they given up. The lack of communication is really driving people up the wall.

So after receiving NOTHING back from the 99% of my Guild Bank disappearing, I followed up on my ticket with another. The (polite and professional) response from customer support is that theyā€™ve basically done all they can, and the Dev Team doesnā€™t intend on expending any more effort on restoring the rest, or offering any compensation at all.

I call BS. They implied that a data issue prevented them from restoring items, and that corruption and overwrites stopped them from fixing it. Iā€™m the only one with access to my guild bank, and reported it the minute I saw the issue, and touched NOTHING in it, fearing just that (I work in IT, and understand how databases and storage work).

The only root cause I can gather is they have no functional backup system for this data, and someone did a global write without checking their work.

The solution would be to give the people who submitted these tickets SOME kind of compensationā€¦

7 Likes

You can pin and unpin topics manually I think, its just whatā€™s pinned for you.

This thread was the solution and the communication. There is nothing else. This was it. This was all they could do.

Not everyone submitted tickets. Because there is nothing a GM can do about a bug and we donā€™t submit tickets for bugs. It just bogs down the system with needless wait times for things they have no control over.

And there is no compensation that would matter to most of us.

2 Likes

At this point, someone needs to give more info to the CMs to give some clarity so people stop trying to talk for them and the company.

1 Like

And exactly whoā€™s fault is it they canā€™t recover the data?
Asking for a friend.

I enjoy a good CS forum where someone comes in and denounces they were banned wrongly, and they did nothing only to discover the toxic spew they let out but that entire group over there are shills.

They get toxic and nasty and condescending. It is super rare I post over there because one word they donā€™t like/agree with, and that entire festival just pounces on you. Iā€™ve not experienced personally but I watch (sometimes in shock) at what they say to people.