Guild Bank Missing Items Update

them poor stuffed cake peppers.

My guild leader was banned so now everything will be lost in the mail.

5 Likes

I think our mind tries to make seemingly random things LESS random. (Just like speculations and such flourish when thereā€™s very little information).

One of the ones I manage from SW got almost COMPLETELY wiped out. Another that I also manage from SW got some items missing. I have 2 that I manage from Vale of Eternal Blossoms (Alliance side) which has one of the best set-ups for bank toons, as long as they donā€™t need the AH. One was I believe, untouched and another, partially robbed. Two that I access from Boralus (though the only ONE of the GMs of those are in Boralus, the other in Ironforge) were partially robbed. I did later remember the one that I DO manage from my Garrison and that I believe may have had a small amount taken, if any. And Iā€™ve managed my active guildā€™s bank from wherever may main happens to be, all different places throughout all of the expansions where weā€™ve had a guild bank.

I really think itā€™s random (or if not, itā€™s something thatā€™s probably not as easy to pinpoint for us). Itā€™s just that we WANT it to make sense because when it doesnā€™t, it drives us nuts, and also, we want some control over our own stuff when weā€™ve found out that sometimes itā€™s completely out of our control. Iā€™ve seen people say that they will keep things in Warbands bank or personal bank but the problem is, itā€™s all data and Blizzard could flub up something else and THOSE could be messed up too. I think by ascribing one bank as ā€œcursedā€ and not touching it, might be a way to try to take back control of the situation.

4 Likes

OMG what? Like PERMABAN?? In a case like this, can there be an expedited dethronement?

Though . . . I mean, unless your guild was very lucky, youā€™ll probably have gotten back partial stacks of stuff nobody wanted - if thatā€™s of any consolation to you. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Itā€™s OK - the Warlock is probably enjoying it. Iā€™m actually glad he told me that he had taken stuff from the bank, in the absence of guild logs, itā€™s good to know. The logs were a really helpful tool, not just to let me know what was taken but what items are most in demand, who likes what sorts of foods or enchants, etc. It was a nice way to not just keep an eye on the bank but on the needs of my guildies. Also nice to see what people have been contributing. I HATE not having it work.

Also, Stuffed Cave Peppers actually sound delicious. (Unless itā€™s actually sitting IN A CAVE) in which case, maybe not so much . . . Maybe the peppers are grown in the caves?

2 Likes

trying everything they can? are you high or just an idiot?

9 Likes

Theyā€™ve been trolling all of the threads about this. I would say theyā€™re shilling, but I donā€™t think they care. They just get their jollies from trolling, victim blaming, and gaslighting. Thatā€™s what the forum ignore feature is made for.

13 Likes

This is inappropriate. There is no need to call people names. Why are you making assumptions that they arent trying to fix it?

Less common, but still happens. Honestly I was in game checking mail when this response happened, its like they donā€™t even pretend to try to chat with you anymore. Also I had 2 days left on the ticket response time so thatā€™s worthless too.

Greetings REDACTED!

Welcome to the realm of Blizzard Entertainment support!

This is Game Master REDACTED, here to address your concerns.

I completely understand how upsetting it must be not to find your guild bank items, especially with valuable items at stake. The security of your items is crucial, and I want to assure you that the developers have made every effort to recover what was lost due to the recent reported incidents. In fact, many players have had their lost items restored already.

However, despite these best efforts, some items couldnā€™t be recovered, and I deeply empathize with how frustrating this outcome must be for you and your guild. I know this wasnā€™t the news you were hoping for, and itā€™s disappointing for all of us when everything canā€™t be recovered.

This situation was also discussed in our community forum post, where you can find more details and updates: Guild Bank Missing Items Update.

If thereā€™s anything else I can do to assist, or if you have any further questions, donā€™t hesitate to reach out. Weā€™re here to help!

Thank you for your dedication and for being a part of our community.

Best Regards,

Game Master REDACTED

I find the claims that ā€œmany players had their items restoredā€, that ā€œsomeā€ items canā€™t be recovered, and that the thread here is the place for ā€œdetailsā€ and ā€œupdatesā€ both humorous and aggravating.

6 Likes

Why would it be aggravating? You dont think its an accurate statement?

In fact, many players have had their lost items restored already.

Like I said last week, I want to hear about a success story.

8 Likes

There are multiple posts above from people who had items restored to them.

There are a lot from folks who had a pittance of items restored.

Can you link some from those who had anything significant come back?

I have not seen even one, save the claim that a streamer got theirs back, which canā€™t be confirmed.

11 Likes

They received items that Blizzard was able to recover. Itā€™s unfortunate, but aligns with what the GM stated in that ticket reply.

They received only a couple things out of hundreds missing.

Thatā€™s not a restoration, thatā€™s an insult.

16 Likes

I experienced almost a total loss of all pages (every possible page had been purchased) of my personal guild bank. It was completely full of battle pets, ranging from wildly expensive TCG pets, dragon whelplings, Halloween cats, pets from raids, to common pets. They only restored half a page of the most common pets. None of the expensive onesā€¦this is the derogatory and disrespectful response that I just received from a GM.
ā€œā€¦we do not deal with in game errors. We are not developers. We can provide information regarding payments, accounts, and general in game knowledge, but we do not fix any errors. So, if developers fix an error in some way, we cannot change it. We have no tools for that. We have an array of instruments, but that does not make us mighty gods. We also have no contact with the Dev team. There is no email address where you can send your claim.ā€ Game Master Iksuhtlinal. I bought WOW when it was only out for 2 weeks and I played the WarCraft game before that. I am one of your oldest customers, and to just say ā€œSorry, our error, but you lose it allā€ is hardly the response to someone who has funded your game for over 20 years. This loss involves CONSERVATIVELY over 3 million gold worth of petsā€¦this is how I make my gold in WOW. If the Devs canā€™t fix this, I should receive compensation in gold. It is not real currency, it is only a digital construct. This would not impact the worldwide game. To not do so shows your apparent contempt for your player base. I am appalled. The character involved was Volffi, not the Shifucino listed. Iā€™m not sure why that characterā€™s name appeared. Shifucino is one of my childrenā€™s sub accounts. Yes, I pay for more than 1 accountā€¦which makes this disrespect for your paying members even worse.

14 Likes

Itā€™s a restoration of what was able to be restored. It is unfortunate, but that is what they can do, along with hopefully fixing the issue that allowed this to occur.

so basically, ā€œHereā€™s a couple things we found, sorry about the restā€.

We already know that it appears they canā€™t restore anything else.

Thatā€™s the issue folks are upset about.

Like I said, you find a post where someone had an actual significant restoration.

9 Likes

I responded to the above post claiming that no folks got items restored. Thereā€™s plenty of posts to the contrary.

So are folks actually saying a 1 percent restoration to 1 percent of affected guilds is a Blizzard success ?

12 Likes