Guild Bank Missing Items Update

Imagine the red shirt guy, going to Blizzcon asking the Devs about his guild bank.

:hot_face:

10 Likes

The point has nothing to do with what was lost. The point is that data of any kind was lost. No matter how you look at it that is a breach of trust. If you deposit your money in a bank electronically and they lose that data, will you notice then? You can say it is different, but it is still just data(pixels on a screen). Somehow though I think you would be at the top of the list demanding someone fix it! You can also say that they are not under that kind of responsibility in a game. Again, I would say when you require payment for your performance your responsibility is every bit as important. Unfortunately for me the loss of data destroys any faith I have in them performing their job adequately.

17 Likes

They have already, they have zero intentions of paying the $$$ the need to recover the lost data ā€¦ such a recovery isnā€™t a revenue stream so they wonā€™t get permission to do it.

8 Likes

Look at dudes name and how many posts heā€™s made - almost 99.999% of them in this one thread only and none of them constructive and his first one is quoted belowā€¦

He is an obvious rolling alt (and I know whom it belongs to)ā€¦ No sense arguing with him - he is here to stir the pot only. The jollies he gets from it are why trolls exist.

8 Likes

rut row ā€“ I am not following your train of thought on this or did I reply to the wrong person?

1 Like

Disregard. I was replying to a totally different thread and somehow I clicked the wrong notification and my post ended up in this thread. Oops.

2 Likes

no worries ā€“ I didnā€™t much sleep last night so Iā€™m running on fumes so I was a bit perplexed.

1 Like

GM told me there is nothing to be done and to come here to funnel my angst. Had the gall to request a survey fill out. I have had so many bugs this last year that have directly interfered with my gameplay and directly damaged my plans for my characters in game that all get the same frustrating responses. First an AI wall that makes you think they arenā€™t actually reading or caring about your real issue then a curt response. Only on the third reopen ticket does it appear that someone actually reads your issue to make a response. This is likely due to policy and staffing but you asked for feedback so here is what I wrote:

I no longer see the point of GMs. Every issue I have I am told over and over there is nothing that can be done. GMā€™s used to have some ability. I understand they are doing their job but the system is flawed now. This is the last straw. I know that my 15/mo doesnā€™t matter but the fact is I have been a warcraft player for 19 years and never said I was leaving before. I am so fed up that Iā€™m taking me and my family away. Thatā€™s 3 accounts, so 45/mo. With blizzards new focus on providing content before verifying extreme bugs. With the apparent layoffs and handicapping any viable responses by the teams from a management perspective. With the AI generated responses that FRUSTRATE the issue further because it makes it VERY apparent that my voice isnā€™t heard when I ask for help with out doubling down to say ā€œHey, reallyā€¦ this is a big dealā€. To be clear any one GM is curteous but it just seems that you have too go through an AI wall then someone who has scripted responses and then finally someone to actually look at what you wrote but to then tell you, yes we know that is an issue but we wonā€™t help you. So while I know that my 45/mo doesnā€™t make a big deal to blizzard/activision/microsoft. Please at least realize that when a 19 year veteran who wouldnā€™t have dreamed of making an emphatic statement about quiting for good takes his entire family after investing so much of his life into something then that is very indicative of more to come from others.

in regards to your GM system, itā€™s not the people its the system that is flawed.

Thank you for half a lifetime of memories. Sorry it had to end on such a sour note. good luck and good bye.

33 Likes

Iā€™ve lost rare items, Iā€™ve lost Gold. this guild bank thing is just the latest in a hidden history with Blizz. Normally I would be inclined to write it off and start over like I have done many times before.

This time is going to be different, after being around since they Launched AV & WSG, I have developed friendships over the years. But I had in my Guild Bank something irreplaceable.

It was the last letter I received from a dear friend to say goodbye. After I received the letter I tried in vain to contact them, i was contacted about a week later by their mother stating they had decided to as they put it ā€œleave this plane of existence.ā€

I cannot tell you how many times I have read that letter over the years wishing i could talk to them just one more time.

That is what Blizzard took from me with this Guild Bank Fiasco,

Losing people over this is not surprising, like has been said many times before it isnā€™t about the monetary its about the trust, and Blizzard has destroyed that trust.

42 Likes

Exactly. They realized it would be expensive and time consuming to restore everything so they evaluated how many players were affected, estimated how many would unsub, and how bad the PR would be and determined it was wayyyyy cheaper to just screw the players over than invest the time and money to make it right.

27 Likes

My guess is they needed to create entirely new DB schemas for the move to cross-faction/realm guilds and Warbands. They likely did not archive records properly and the code which created and moved data into the new DB schemas probably wiped a great number of records.

Also the repeated delays on maintenance days gives me the impression they are playing wack-a-mole to fix issues. Also Micro$oft likely slashed the teamā€™s budget and changed how they communicate with the player base.

7 Likes

Still funny that a certain streamer got all their stuff back within two days of the bug happening ā€¦

16 Likes

Typical troll language here. Stop crying, yadda yadda. If you donā€™t think this is a big deal then leave. If you donā€™t think pixels matter then quit.

5 Likes

Every single tab of my guild bank was wiped out. TWO items total were sent back by Blizzard.

Yā€™all should have just told us ā€œsucks, itā€™s all gone, start overā€ instead of dangling the carrot of ā€œweā€™re trying to fix itā€

15 Likes

You got 2 items back, Iā€™m so jealous!! I didnā€™t get anything!

iā€™m not trying to be sarcastic here, iā€™m jealous of the the fact that some guilds got something back from this utter fiascoā€¦

10 Likes

We were purposely moved to the general tab. Perhaps they felt the trolls would silence us. Perhaps they just felt like punishing us for speaking up. They are pushing more and more people here from CS tickets, some for this issue, some for others they just donā€™t plan on helping people with.

CS and CMs appear to be nothing more than corporate scapegoats in this new regimeā€¦that is, unless you are an influencer. Influencers are the only customers worth being treated with respect (just keep it on the downlow).

20 Likes

Youā€™re welcome to the 3 Frostweave Cloth and 2 Chilled Meat, lmao

3 Likes

oh thatā€™s horribleā€¦ 2 mins in northrend and I can get that :stuck_out_tongue: lmao

4 Likes

Can that be verified?

11 Likes

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m skeptical. If itā€™s the streamer Iā€™m thinking of (starts with an A), then he is a known liar.

5 Likes