Guess what hunters!

Aye, the goblin has graced us with his ugly presence!

Also, isn’t it interesting that actually good marks hunters (in pvp) are happy DT is gone?

4 Likes

Technically true, but compare vs 10.0.2 instead of 10.0.5.

10.0.2 Rapid Fire - 319.2% AP
10.0.2 Rapid Fire + Double Tap (PvP) - 478.8% AP
10.0.5 Rapid Fire w/Hotfix (PvP) - 385.4% AP

Yes but gaining 20% aimed shot dmg as well, and 20% rapid fire all the time not just during a 1 min CD buffing it is something to be considered. Double tap was countered by decent players with addons that blow air horns so often it hardly factored in at decent rating anyway. I’d much rather have consistency than banking on a 1 min CD, personally.

2 Likes

But that isn’t what you said. You said it’s a buff to both burst and sustain, which isn’t really accurate.

I also think more consistent damage is better, but let’s stick to the facts.

1 Like

3 Likes

Actually, it is a buff to both burst and sustain, that is completely accurate. You’re trying to go way back and bring DT back into it, which is already gone. Compared to now, it’s a buff to both, I never factored in DT - that was you.

Furthermore, even if you bring DT back into it, it’s still a buff. With careful aim/trueshot even without unerring, 20% buff to aimed shot makes Trueshot infinitely better than DT ever was, you might cram marginally less damage in that 2 second window compared to a single rapid fire channel, but only marginal, and the constant dps that follows it will be dramatically higher.

If you ask me if I’d rather have double tap (lame gimmick that is countered by decent players most of the time) or 20% buff to main attack damage +30% to chimera as a cherry on top…I’d choose this any day.

That’s a really hot take tbh. 10.0.5 has been out for all of 3 days at this point. Saying we can’t compare where things are at right now and where they’ll be next Tuesday with where they were less than a week ago is kinda BS.

No, it isn’t. They aren’t the same. Trueshot opens up a damage window, and yes, you do significantly more damage within that window. Double Tap doubled ability damage, (and could be used during or just before Trueshot, btw), so it all hits at once. This is a buff to sustain, and a nerf-partially-but-not-fully-offset-by-a-buff to burst.

I agree.

But then again, I don’t do competitive PvP, and I’m much more concerned with maximizing my DPS in a burst window than I am with getting a single large hit to secure a kill.

Normally, lets say arcane shot deals 100x dmg where chimaera shot deals 102k + 51k or something along the lines. I dont remember the exact numbers but it deals just barely higher damage on single target, and a half damage cleave.

However in pvp, probably due to pvp modifiers affecting arcane shot but not chimaera shot, arcane shot deals 130k damage where chimaera shot still deals 102k + 51k damage. Meaning taking chimaera shot is bad in pvp because of the loss of single target damage.

I have reported this on forums and ingame multiple times with exact numbers said on my screen.

Edit: Getting exact numbers: 11.1k arcane shot and 11.5k + 5.7k chim shot with warmode off.

In instanced pvp: 19.4k arcane shot and 15.8k + 7.9k chim shot.

With the 30% buff to chim shot, it will be 20,5k + 10,25k.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t believe DT was what made MM a bursty spec. You explosive shot-rapid fire-kill shot and you’re doing a lot of dmg in what, 2s? isn’t that bursty? Survival does not have that kind of damage, even if you take Explosive shot too, which people is doing less and less because of the need of steel trap. If anything, DT made MM a toxic bursty spec, like Rets were pre nerf, like devokers in a sense still are, like enh shaman was with its double 250k crit ele blast, and they all got nerfed.

A better comparison would be Sub rogue, another pure physical dps spec. They do their damage with secret technique and then do nothing until its back, is that the kind of damage profile we want for MM? Even a simple Aimed shot + arcane shot is way more damage than survival can do in the same amount of time. I haven’t played every single iteration of MM, but for some reason I always thought that MM was the burst spec without big cooldowns, MM just deals a ton of damage out of nowhere in very small time intervals. The other day I aimed shot and double kill shot for 131k and 109k a warlock with at least some gear because it had around 450k hp, how is that sustain dps? I mean sure, it was a proc and crits but still, how many cds did I use there? none.

2 Likes

This is exactly why I switched to MM when they changed BM in Legion.

Now its feeling just as lackluster and boring too.

Let me be a glass cannon ffs.

Dude you are so fried

1 Like

Ya chimaera is good and all, everyone would already be taking it if you didn’t break the tree and make us have to waste another talent point now(after DT removal and tone-deaf talent point position move), you already in most cases have to drop the 10 focus regen from steady shot(which hurts) but for pvp you’ll never really have a chance to talent into it. Also we need to fix bola shot and chimera from breaking cc like how chakrams work

1 Like

Were you testing on a target dummy or a player?

I was actually excited for this change but, on a target dummy chimera hits roughly the same as arcane right now, but on an actual player, for some reason I’m getting around 43k crit arcane shot and 33k crit chimera. Seems like it’s dramatically lower on actual pvp targets and the pvp dummy doesn’t have the same modifiers.

In PVP use Sniper shot first (especially if invisible.)

Didn’t I read that on the 7th MM gets 15% buff to RP and AS? That won’t hurt.

So I’m an idiot, I’ve been getting weaker and weaker past week or so rember to repair your armor!!!

no i believe its only for PVE

Nobody that PVP should take the replacement for DT aka Tactical Reload.
Its a waste if you take it because of ccs, los you have multiple hiccups on ur rapid and as, so that point better go somewhere else.

I am already Speced into what I believe with the changes tomorrow is the best Damage for PVP, with the exception of Lone wolf which I picked now because of World content… otherwise I go pet.

I picked chimaera right now, but gotta do a lot of testing with players tomorrow

The only time SV comes close to matching MM burst is during the 2 min CD, MM will still burst more consistently with just aimed shot/arcane crit combos and killshot procs. SV can’t even kill shot outside of normal execute range or Coordinated Assault CD.

u ever think about how youve spent the better half of a decade complaining about survival?

1 Like