Guess what hunters!

Chakram/explosive/rapid/aimed is pretty burst wym?

1 Like

I am a bit confused. Playing with the talent right now, it hits slightly harder than my regular arcane shot + the extra damage from the cleave. Are you saying it wasn’t taken because that talent point is better used somewhere else for more single target?

With this 30% PvP buff, that means basically the talent is “Arcane shot now hits 30% harder in pvp” which I would assume means its an auto pick for a pvper right?

Please bear with me, I have played hunter for a whole month and its very confusing. Honestly I don’t care much about damage as in PVP anyone who looks at me mean instant kills me.

From the wording yes. It’s kind of confusing since there are many hidden modifiers. But this would appear to just make chimera shot hit 30% harder and hit 2 targets in pvp exclusively.

It could also increase the proc rate of lethal shots since it hits two targets doubling it’s chance to lower the CD of rapid fire per use. Pretty good pick for one talent point. I still wouldn’t call it auto pick since the meat of damage comes from Aimed Shot and Rapid fire. But it’s really really good.

What happens when you shot someone with chimera with no one else around? Does it do double the tap on the single target? I’ve never taken or tried the ability in DF.

I just checked it does not.

I’m gonna be honest. The 4pc for BM in battlegrounds is pretty harsh. I can see why they’re nerfing it. However, removing the only minor burst we have hurts almost as much as taking DT from MM. Lack of defensives and self-sustain is still the biggest issue in PvP.

3 Likes

Did you see their dev note? They’re intending on marksman doing sustained damage, like bm and survival already do.
They clearly dont want a burst spec in the class which is annoying

4 Likes

Unnerving Vision change doesn’t make MM a non burst spec…

I like how they word the buffs now…

• Damage dealt by Hunter and pet abilities increased by 5%.

They have to make sure to clarify pet abilities, because of how many times they forgot to include pets in aura buffs. lol

4 Likes

Losing double tap did.
Now they are doubling down on making MM sustain with their first communication in month even mentioning double tap.

8 Likes

Losing double tap was amazing, such a toxic and clunky mechanic. Still, Chakram/Explosive/Rapid/Aimed is pretty bursty like i said.

3 Likes

I won’t lie, I was pissed about losing DT but in BGs, I could still Sniper shot then chak/RF/Explosive out of stealth and it’s been pretty nasty. These buffs should help even more for BGs at least. For solo, we’ll see.

1 Like

It will still do the most burst by far…idk if you know math but, +20% BASE aimed shot/rapid fire damage greatly outweighs 10% crit damage during a very short buff window by a lot.

This is a huge net buff, idk why you guys cry about everything even buffs lmao

3 Likes

Huh? It’s not going to do more than survival with explo shot and a coordinated kill shot.

Yea I agree that a flat damage buff, while it is certainly nice, does not fix any of the specs. The talent tree and design on a core level are the issue. These blanket damage % buffs are just lazy fixes.

2 Likes

Talking from an mm perspective:

We are all beating around the bush , in pvp our biggest issue is survivability. DT at least provided burst as an offset to the massive lack of survivability. Now they are pushing us into a Sustain damage style spec which isn’t a good fit when we are so ridiculously fragile. How long can we sustain when we die so fast lol

3 Likes

You missed one.

Which is good. PvPers shouldn’t be pressured to raid for a weapon, that’s the entire point of the Conquest vendor.

3 Likes

Survival Hunters always have the absolute worst takes on the Hunter class.

8 Likes

Losing DT is absolutely a step in the right direction in making MM not a cheese spec that afks for most of the match then potentially 100-0 someone but only IF the entire team chooses to ignore the loud BLYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT air horn raid warning and throws every micro CC/disarm to stop him from getting value from DT

7 Likes

It’s not shifting from burst to sustain, we’re gaining both burst and sustain right now.

Great change

1 Like