Guess I'll never be able to tame Vexis

Yeah, this is the only thing they drop.

Crystalline Tear of Loyalty - Item - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com)

1 Like

funny part is at that point youre just sitting here praying that its a 14 year old kid and not an actual adult getting enjoyment from behaving like that lol

2 Likes

:rofl: lol right

No they’re not. They’re being sharded in as the rare spawns.

People have mentioned War Mode, which is definitely a good way to have a lonelier zone for rares and such. I’m going to toss in another recommendation: Chromie Time. You can’t enter Chromie Time by yourself after reaching level 60, but you can get into Chromie Time with assistance from a friend that has a lower level alt that is in Chromie Time if you join a party with them and then enable party sync. This is especially helpful for something like an Oondasta because nobody is killing world bosses in Chromie Time, and I’d imagine Vexis would also be a relatively easy tame because who in their right mind is in Zerith Mortis in Chromie Time?

4 Likes

LOL I think I started it up before I made your acquaintance, was looking for a quiet US server to fiddle around with various game things. Poor wee thing, it sits there now doing virtually nothing. It probably has cobwebs. :sunglasses:

1 Like

to be fair, just because you tagged it with a tame cast doesn’t mean that it is YOUR mob…

the first person to kill the mob gets it. sorry, but you’ll just have to wait until no one wants it.

Part of it could be people are trying to finish up mounts/achievements in the zone and even the 10/15 rep that Vexis gives is worth it to people.

When I was still farming for all the rep to get satchels for the last reciepe, there were so many people flying around ZM. It wasn’t modern zone crowded, but I’d gather there were at least 30+ people in the zone.

A lot of it really does seem to be that way :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yeah, there’s plenty of reasons to kill ZM rares.

Other than late at night in warmode (I don’t know if you can even rig chromie time with a lowbie friend since it may sync you to them and they wouldn’t get access to the zone/quests), your best bet for snagging any kind of rare or rare thing is to do it on very fresh patches when everyone else is desperate trying to trip over each other to get ahead of the herd.

Or you can maybe get lucky and get something as servers are poised to go down. It’s how an otherwise abandoned hunter of mine got Soundless as a pet. It was like a Saturday morning and the servers were randomly restarting and at like the 2 minute mark, I was in the zone getting ready to do whatever I was there to do after servers came up again and lo and behold it spawned and nowhere near enough time to set a group up…so I tamed it instead.