Guess I'll never be able to tame Vexis

I wait close to an hour, right where he spawns. It’s always just me. As soon as he spawns, I go to tame him and the vultures come in and steal the kill. I’m just here to whine and complain because good lord I’m tired of wasting hours and then hearing “I didn’t see you, my bad bro.” I don’t think its hard to see someone with their arms out trying to tame something. I dunno, if it was me and I came up on someone trying to tame, I’d leave them alone because common courtesy but maybe I’m just a nice guy. Alright, I’m done crying now.

7 Likes

That’s the risk trying to tame rares. Gotta wait till like 4 am when no one’s even in the zone anymore. /shrug

11 Likes

When people need the rare for the Beyond meta, you’re gonna have to handle competition.

1 Like

Could try doing it late at night in Warmode.

9 Likes

Was about to recommend this. Worked for me getting Oondasta, you might want to give it a go.

2 Likes

I’ve tried, but the vultures man. They’re always there. I’m gonna have to try warmode like everyone has recommended.

Another alternative is to look for some misc premade invite on a very low pop servers like Sentinels for example. You might find it better if warmode doesnt work for you. Just go to the spot, find a good low pop server invite, join it and see if the doggy is there.

4 Likes

I’m late to the game, so I got Oondasta easy a few months ago. Vexis has been a never ending thorn in my side though.

Unfortunately crossrealm and its abominable offspring layering and sharding have abolished the concept of small servers and quiet periods.

Also tame pet might as well be instant cast nowadays. The cast time and requirement to maintain aggro have “vestigial classic design philosophy” written all over them.

4 Likes

turn on warmode, literlaly no one in the world

I haven’t found that. I have a character of Sentinels (I forget why) and when I’ve logged on at a time that is middle of the night for that server, its a ghost town.

Lucky you.:sob:

A very sad PS: I tested it on my Horde hunter, arrived there just as an Alliance DK was killing Vexis.

I mean, they weren’t doing it to spite me as they had been fighting it for a minute but still yes, sad. :cry:

I tamed him long ago, but I work at 6am EST and just hopped on right at that time and was able to tame him before anyone appeared. I will say it was maybe my third or fourth attempt, all previous attempts were during more lively times and I never got it in time before someone tagged it.
Good luck fellow hunter!

1 Like

Hey yeah, if OP wants, I’ll invite him to my server to help.

2 Likes

If you can, try to get someone from an RP server to help hop you. When I was briefly on MG (later moved because of overpopulation combined with the additional rp naming rules-- I like alt codes lol) despite how populated the realm itself was, I could usually find any rare I wanted up. I mean, my hunter got Loque twice in the same hour by turning WM on and off.

It may be harder for more current pets, since people will still be farming stuff in current, but it’s at least a decent shot at getting the tame.

This is the best way to go about pet taming.

1 Like

Sentinels is a Chicago RP server. That is the smallest CRZ cluster, as the only “big” server in that group is Emerald Dream. So it is going be a bit quieter, but there’s still a pretty good chance of other people being around in any content that is still relevent.

Yeah that’s how I got my Sky-Li’s mirror, I had a friend invite me to their dead server and there was absolutely no one there when I showed up.

Have you tried WM on?

1 Like