Guardian teir set

Guardian

• (2) Set Bonus: When you take damage, Mangle and Thrash damage and Rage generation are increased by 15% for 8 seconds and you heal for 6% of damage taken over 8 seconds.

• (4) Set Bonus: Maul/Raze damage increased by 20% and casting Ironfur or Maul/Raze increases your maximum health by 3% for 12 seconds, stacking 5 times.

Thats something.

Massive damage buffs.
Massive hp buffs.
Massive rage buffs.
Passive heals to boot.

1 Like

I hope they don’t nerf it too

Is this for 10.1?

1 Like

Considering how powerful After the Wildfire is, and how much this feeds into it, this seems strong.

Not to mention % hp buffs = more frenzied regen healing. Seems strong.

I like it but kinda wish the 4 set was 2 seperate affects. 20% more damage (and ursoc shielding) for maul/raze and then just ironfur giving the stacking health portion but at a higher rate, like 7% each, it capping at 15% is kinda low unless the new rage gen means 100% uptime.

It does give ironfur some use against magic during incarn since it can stack to cap really fast, ontop of incarns base 30% so we’ll be able to eat some massive hits.

Curious if theres an internal cooldown for the 2 set.

2 Likes

Problem is its a teir set, sooo not exactly good to have the problems of the class get a bandaid fix through teirsets.

Especially the max hp bit, pallys already are gonna get the exact same style of passives in their own class tree.

Getting this through a teir set is pretty lame.

2set is fine, realistically as long as the 6% dosent work like the trash kultirn racial.

7 Likes

My guess is they are testing the waters with this teir set. If things work out… it will eventually become part of our toolkit.

All the best set bonuses eventually do.

Its just saddening to compare teir set strength between tanks, bdk, warrior, and vengeance all get basically extra cd usages in their teir sets while bear just dosent.

Its a pretty wimpy teir compared to others is what bothers me.

Hopefully the dmg take bit gets a large increase and maybe double the max hp gain.

All we really need is that good dmg buffer, this is getting close too that just needs significantly better numbers.

1 Like
  • (2) Set Bonus: When you take damage, casting Ironfur or Maul/Raze increases your maximum health by 3% for 12 seconds, stacking 5 times. and you heal for 6% of damage taken over 12 seconds.
  • (4) Set Bonus: When you cast Ironfur or Maul/Raze, Mangle and Thrash damage and Rage generation are increased by 15% for 8 seconds

I think this will be a lot better

I think our tier set might be the strongest tier set.

I’m not super happy that the 15% hp buff we really need baseline is something we are getting in a 4pc, with ramp up time.

Our tree still really needs some work. My main worry is that strong set bonuses will stop them from fixing fundamental issues with our class. We are slowly creeping back towards the “invincible in incarn, weak without it” meta. But I’ll take anything that makes me operational at this point.

4 Likes

Umm entirely disagree, its one of the weakest. Like man have you looked at bdk, vengeance, prot warriors.

They all get extra cd usage by a significant amount for a massive amount of extra tankiness on all of them.

Brews is pretty meh though.

1 Like

IF we were also getting a major mastery buff or just a flat % health in bearform 10.1 to give us DH levels of base health so we couldn’t be burst the health increase and Perma-trickle heal from set would probably feel great. 15% bonus is pretty meh on our current health pools. Buff it to cap at the same stacks as ironfur and up the health to 5% if its going to stay tied to maul, higher if they switch it to just ironfur.

It shows they’ve at least glanced at feedback about our health pools and wanting more use for ironfur so maybe a better version will work its way into the talents 11.0 with another restructure of the tree.

edit- testing on ptr its about a 70k health increase at 5 stacks in current gear pretty easy to keep at 100% uptime since it fully refreshes each stack.

3 Likes

Man 70k thats it? Mayaswell not even exist with that much.

I havent been on today too look but that is less then i was expecting.

Ptr tier is capped at 415 while the raid shows normals bosses dropping 428 so itll probably be closer to 120k health when everyones in the mid 430s but yah its not a ton.

Im hoping they will see feedback about it compared to other tank sets and give us a baseline health buff or buff the stacks more somehow. If we could have ~720k health and this bringing us near 900k or a 1mil it would be great for preventing mobs globaling us between cooldowns.

1 Like

Most of them are getting tankiness in a way they can’t time at all. Like procing 6s of fiery brand is great, but doing it by collecting 20 shards means you can’t proc it when a buster is coming even if you wanted to. And DRs during busters is what you really want. Same with BDK.

Prot warriors is pretty awesome, more last stands.

But a consistent 15% max hp (albeit with a ramp up which kinda sucks) is really, really strong. Also basically flat 6% DR (which may scale with our +healing mastery and affects) and rage gen that is also basically 100% uptime.

Like, it’s not going to fix our spec. But in isolation we probably have the best set bonus by far.

I’m i417 on the PTR, 548k hp. I get 82k, which puts me at 630k. Would I like more? Sure. But during incarn I’m more or less a super tank, and incarn alone only puts me at like 709k or something. And it stacks, so during incarn I’m up at like 820k hp.

In a current dungeon, that’s really quite a lot. It’s a big buff. Plus ursocs with the dmg buffs will be stronger too.

Again: It doesn’t fix the fundamental flaws in the class. But it IS a really big bonus. You can probably climb another keystone level or two and survive a hyrja shield blast with just regen based on that.

70k hp really dosent make much of any kind of difference in reality.

Bdk gaining extra tankiness and shielding with umbilicus and vengeance procing and spreading firey brand on aoe gives a chance to build more resources throughout a pull which allows for significantly better cd timing due to not needing more cds.
Especially bdks that is ridiculously strong with how umbilicus works.

These are meaningful changes that also have interactions with the kit that can be built around in large ways. While also helping in areas where these specs falter

Right now 15% is around 70k hp, that truly isnt much of anything, aswell as having 1 interaction having to with regen which also has its own set of problems with actual usefulness.
6% dmg taken healed back over 8sec, is also just worse dmg reduction that makes ye feel a bit better because you can see it on the meters.
These things just arent that good, the numbers need too be increased drastically for this to be relevant.

1 Like

But it isnt 70k

Its 70k at current gear levels, next teir the ilvl (and by extension stamina) will increase

Im mainly saying this b3cause that isnt much health. 15% maxhp for a bear isnt much of anything.

1 Like

Will it save Bear form least played tank spec?..doubt it.

The spec is still flawed, and if they gonna “fix” it with a tier set…this aint it ^^

1 Like